• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do we have a pool going for when he gets put back on IR?
No but maybe I should start one for when he breaks his finger again. lol I think it would be a save bet at over/under 8 Games before he is on the IR :laugh3:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230828-031142_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cut candidate?

Wouldn't be shocked, but when it comes to depth, it's nice to have a vet. Low ceiling, so hopefully if it's true there's a guy at RB3 who can block and step in and run hard like Dallas does.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pretty surprised to see Dallas cut.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker, McIntosh, Charbonnet, Dallas should be the 4 RB's and our FB most likely is Bellore. I didn't see any other RB worth taking over these guys. Yes we didn't get to see much if anything out of McIntosh but that was a injury issue. I would 100% be shocked if Dallas got cut. Now if Travis Homer was still on the team I think he would be cut but Travis is gone. Dallas will be playing a lot of special teams.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dee Jay Dallas is like the #4 carpenter on the construction crew. He's not as fast, efficient or as talented as the lead carpenter or the others but he shows up for work, puts his hard hat and toolbelt on and does the job he's asked without any fanfare or bitching . Maybe you keep him around to do the simple shit like framing a partition wall and don't expect him to do the custom finish work but the foreman loves the simple work ethic and knows he can count on him. Maybe that's a weird analogy but I'm a weird guy. :D Cheers fellas. I'm looking forward to a great season from our boys out there. Hope all of you fellow Hawks fans out there are doing well. Bring on the regular season.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually ok with cutting DeeJay Dallas I really don't know what he is actually good at? He doesn't run people over, he isn't a speed guy, he is ok at catching the ball out the backfield, not really much of a returner, not a great pass blocker.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like JSN will be a gametime decision against the Rams but should be good to go week 2.

Part of me wants the Hawks to keep him on the bench to ensure he's healthy, but the other part of me wants him to play if he's able to start getting experience, and the Rams have an absolutely abysmal secondary so coupled with Lockett/Metcalf, JSN should be absolutely abusing the Rams which would be a great confidence booster and to get on the same page with Geno.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually ok with cutting DeeJay Dallas I really don't know what he is actually good at? He doesn't run people over, he isn't a speed guy, he is ok at catching the ball out the backfield, not really much of a returner, not a great pass blocker.

I would 100% take Travis Homer over Dallas but the Hawks went with the cheaper option. Dallas is a vet that knows the scheme and is ok on special teams. He is not a bad player but he is serviceable and lets be real if he is your RB you got big issues anyway. He out played the RB's that were cut and adds something they don't.. experience. Should be his last year here unless something crazy happens.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real surprises on the cut list..

1693352964905.png

Winston and Thompson probably had the best chance of making the team. Jerrick Reed really stepped up in the last few weeks as he was thought to be a goner for sure.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 338852

Winston and Thompson probably had the best chance of making the team. Jerrick Reed really stepped up in the last few weeks as he was thought to be a goner for sure.
Bell is one for me....................

He was a do it all guy. Even playing Fullback

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would 100% take Travis Homer over Dallas but the Hawks went with the cheaper option. Dallas is a vet that knows the scheme and is ok on special teams. He is not a bad player but he is serviceable and lets be real if he is your RB you got big issues anyway. He out played the RB's that were cut and adds something they don't.. experience. Should be his last year here unless something crazy happens.

Which is why I think the hawks drafted Charbonnet. They felt as if K-9 goes down with an injury and we go into games with Dallas as our #1 we will be in a lot of trouble. It was important to acquire another quality back.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 338852

This was very surprising.. The Seahawks 10 rookie draft picks all made the roster, as did two undrafted rookie free agents (Bobo and Stoll). That's crazy...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was very surprising.. The Seahawks 10 rookie draft picks all made the roster, as did two undrafted rookie free agents (Bobo and Stoll). That's crazy...

Yeah. I think most experts expected most of the Hawks picks to make the team. Jerrick Reed was generally considered to have the biggest hill to climb. But he had a very good camp so he made the team.

Stoll was kind of a default pick. And Bobo is likely a PS player once Eskridge is back.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For grins if nothing else, former Seahawks cut across the league:
  • WR Freddie Swain (Dolphins). Has since signed with Philly and appears to be cut again.
  • CB Sidney Jones (Bengals).
  • LB Tanner Muse (Steelers). Only played here in '21.
  • TE Nick Vannett (Texans). Sorta surprised he's still bouncing around.
  • DE Jacob Martin (Texans). Thought he was an up-and-comer when we traded him a few years ago.
  • WR Malik Turner (Colts). Probably best remembered for the playoff drop vs GB.
  • C Kyle Fuller (Broncos).
  • WR Philip Dorsett (Raiders). Only here for a cup of injured coffee.
  • OL Germain Ifedi (Lions). Flagged for a false start leaving town.
  • QB Alex McGough (Packers). Claim to fame of being the only QB the Hawks have drafted other than RW in the JS/PC era.
  • S Johnathan Abraham (Saints). Another cup of coffee guy.
Probably missed 1 or 2. Wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Jacob Martin if/when we have an injury hole to fill.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders were hoping to sneak him thru waivers.