• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you add in "What if's" then yeah you can make anything look better.

I love Nwosu and love that they extended him but he isn't a top 10 DE. Now if he becomes one great but thats another what if.
Not paying him like a top ten, Myles Garret cap hit is 29 million, Joey Bosa almost 16 million, T.J. Watts cap hit is 29 million, Kalil Mack cap hit is over 16 million. 10 million for Nwosu is reasonable for this season, 8 million for next year is a steal, after that you can cut him if you want or need to.
This is a good contract for the Srahawks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not paying him like a top ten, Myles Garret cap hit is 29 million, Joey Bosa almost 16 million, T.J. Watts cap hit is 29 million, Kalil Mack cap hit is over 16 million. 10 million for Nwosu is reasonable for this season, 8 million for next year is a steal, after that you can cut him if you want or need to.
This is a good contract for the Srahawks.
It's a Ok contract for Seahawks and a good one for Nwosu. I said that but like i said that 2025 year is stiff and i hope he EARNS it.

Here are the top 5 highest paid DE per average.
PLAYERPOSAVERAGE

Myles Garrett

cle1.png
CLE
DE$25,000,000

Maxx Crosby

lv.png
LV
DE$23,500,000

Trey Hendrickson

cin.png
CIN
DE$21,000,000

Leonard Williams

nyg.png
NYG
DE$21,000,000

Von Miller

buf.png
BUF
DE$20,000,000

Wow any way to make that sheet smaller lmao.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Ok contract for Seahawks and a good one for Nwosu. I said that but like i said that 2025 year is stiff and i hope he EARNS it.

True, but he'll be 28 so he should be in the prime of his career. He's only 26 now (turns 27 in late Dec) so by the time 2025 rolls around he'll be playing most of the season at 28 years of age, which should be the PRIME of his career. Given a pretty good performance last year (with a shitty DL), we should expect him to improve over the next 2 seasons. If he plays well in 25' you can decide whether to extend or cut him as the dead cap in 26' is only $6M which is fairly small at that point. And $21M cap hit for a pretty good or HOPEFULLY borderline elite EDGE will be a steal by 2025.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he'll be 28 so he should be in the prime of his career. He's only 26 now (turns 27 in late Dec) so by the time 2025 rolls around he'll be playing most of the season at 28 years of age, which should be the PRIME of his career. Given a pretty good performance last year (with a shitty DL), we should expect him to improve over the next 2 seasons. If he plays well in 25' you can decide whether to extend or cut him as the dead cap in 26' is only $6M which is fairly small at that point. And $21M cap hit for a pretty good or HOPEFULLY borderline elite EDGE will be a steal by 2025.

Probowler pay in 2025 thats more than just pretty good. Nwosu is not a special player yet. He is good but remember Taylor had the same amount of sacks as him but Nwosu played a lot more. Now Nwosu is a better all around player than Taylor yes but he is a slightly above average DE and Taylor is slightly below average but when it comes to "rushing" they are about the same. Remember last season was his 5th year in the NFL, it's not like he was in his 2nd or 3rd season when people take that big step up. He all ready did that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probowler pay in 2025 thats more than just pretty good. Nwosu is not a special player yet. He is good but remember Taylor had the same amount of sacks as him but Nwosu played a lot more. Now Nwosu is a better all around player than Taylor yes but he is a slightly above average DE and Taylor is slightly below average but when it comes to "rushing" they are about the same.

Taylor and Nwosu may be equal in pass rushing (I'd probably even give Taylor a slight nod - he played much less snaps last year because of where I'm about to go), but when it comes to rush defense and pass coverage, it's not even close. Taylor admittedly got a little better as the season went on but he was out of position constantly on passing downs (where he wasn't pass rushing) and running plays.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor and Nwosu may be equal in pass rushing (I'd probably even give Taylor a slight nod - he played much less snaps last year because of where I'm about to go), but when it comes to rush defense and pass coverage, it's not even close. Taylor admittedly got a little better as the season went on but he was out of position constantly on passing downs (where he wasn't pass rushing) and running plays.

Taylor is a moron, he vacates his containment getting himself blocked AND clogging up some of the inside guys leading to cutbacks gaining HUGE yards against the Hawks. Hell he is doing in practice and just did the SAME DAMN THING the other day leading to a HUGE run by McIntosh. Dude doesn't understand his fooking job. Nwosu is a fine player but i don't expect him to take 2 or 3 steps forward he might take one more putting him just below say a Avril level.

Taylor though needs to stop just playing and start thinking so that he can do it later on instinct. Right now he sees a hole inside and he will run across the face of a blocker ( getting himself blocked ) to get into that hole leaving the outside open EVEN THOUGH there is someone all ready running up to FILL that hole because that was THEIR job not his! so fooking maddening. Taylor could be a good player if he would just DO HIS JOB! and stop adlibbing trying to make a big play. LET YOUR TEAMMATES DO THEIR JOB AND YOU DO YOURS!

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Dawkins passed away today at age 52

Led Seahawks in receiving yards in 1999 (8 shy of 1000)
Led Seahawks in receptions and yards in 2000.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is a moron, he vacates his containment getting himself blocked AND clogging up some of the inside guys leading to cutbacks gaining HUGE yards against the Hawks. Hell he is doing in practice and just did the SAME DAMN THING the other day leading to a HUGE run by McIntosh. Dude doesn't understand his fooking job. Nwosu is a fine player but i don't expect him to take 2 or 3 steps forward he might take one more putting him just below say a Avril level.

Taylor though needs to stop just playing and start thinking so that he can do it later on instinct. Right now he sees a hole inside and he will run across the face of a blocker ( getting himself blocked ) to get into that hole leaving the outside open EVEN THOUGH there is someone all ready running up to FILL that hole because that was THEIR job not his! so fooking maddening. Taylor could be a good player if he would just DO HIS JOB! and stop adlibbing trying to make a big play. LET YOUR TEAMMATES DO THEIR JOB AND YOU DO YOURS!
His pass rush reminds me of Marsh, the DE we drafted from UCLA a few years back... Taylor is a better DE over all but for the sake of comparison...Marsh had a High motor but his containment was always up field and he found himself out of position quite a bit because he was only focused on hitting the qb it seemed... He was terrible vs the run for a reason...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Dawkins passed away today at age 52

Led Seahawks in receiving yards in 1999 (8 shy of 1000)
Led Seahawks in receptions and yards in 2000.
I liked him a lot, so many guys die young the game must really take a toll on them

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked him a lot, so many guys die young the game must really take a toll on them

To be honest I have had a lot of friends pass away young i think it's just because the past players get "the media" talking about their passing that it makes it seem off or weird.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carters 1st snap from scrimmage…

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carters 1st snap from scrimmage…

Was a good play, but then he vanished. Only thing on his stat line was 1 QB pressure. I know he played very little but it's preseason. Guess Bobo's day means he is going to be a superstar Future hall of famer in the NFL.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a good play, but then he vanished. Only thing on his stat line was 1 QB pressure. I know he played very little but it's preseason. Guess Bobo's day means he is going to be a superstar Future hall of famer in the NFL.
Nothing to read into that. I just posted his first play. That’s all I did.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember peyton Manning's first play from scrimmage, an 80 yrd TD to Marvin Harrison in the kingdome.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember peyton Manning's first play from scrimmage, an 80 yrd TD to Marvin Harrison in the kingdome.
48 yards according to this article:

Either way, dang... I don't remember that first pass at all. Good memory on your end for even getting the first pass as a TD to Harrison.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 yards according to this article:

Either way, dang... I don't remember that first pass at all. Good memory on your end for even getting the first pass as a TD to Harrison.
I witnessed it live, will never forget it.
I remember it being a bomb longer than 48 yards but im sure thats what it was.