• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season / FA 2020 thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TE flying off the board is not good. Agree on Hooper but Ebron or hopefully Hollister is are only FA bet.

OR, we wait until the 3rd round to get a TE.
I Am not giving up a draft pick for hollister . He is a RFA

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Am not giving up a draft pick for hollister . He is a RFA
I would give up a 7th rounder for sure.

I do not think they ever assigned him a tender?

We are running out of options here.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TE flying off the board is not good. Agree on Hooper but Ebron or hopefully Hollister is are only FA bet.

OR, we wait until the 3rd round to get a TE.

If not overpaying for Hooper and not signing jarwin means that”te’s are flying off the board,” then you didnt have much of a board to begin with.

just sayin’...

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not overpaying for Hooper and not signing jarwin means that”te’s are flying off the board,” then you didnt have much of a board to begin with.

just sayin’...
LOL, well, we have literally had the worst front office in the NFL for the past few years who put us in this mess. The idiots surely knew that we would be in a bad spot but didn't care. Our starting TE and back up TE are now gone.

Going into the draft with the 3rd round pick earmarked for a TE is not a good thing. As such, we either sign a TE in FA or trade for one.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give up a 7th rounder for sure.

I do not think they ever assigned him a tender?

We are running out of options here.
You give up what the tender is , it’s not our option but Seattle’s

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, well, we have literally had the worst front office in the NFL for the past few years who put us in this mess. The idiots surely knew that we would be in a bad spot but didn't care. Our starting TE and back up TE are now gone.

Going into the draft with the 3rd round pick earmarked for a TE is not a good thing. As such, we either sign a TE in FA or trade for one.
It’s a new FO , how about giving them time before you panic

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a new FO , how about giving them time before you panic

Not panicking, just stating the facts.

Keep in mind, most of the members of this FO were just fired a few months ago.

It is very early, hopefully we make some smart moves and improve this team. We are barely into the tampering period.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good Lord...we are doomed if that is our LB corps for 2020. I am guessing we add an MLB or OLB via FA. Martinez and Littleton are out here but FAs are going fast.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, its disappointing. We've made zero movement on our own disgruntled players. Trent still wants out, Scherff is on a tag and Dunbar is unhappy. There have been no positives so far this offseason.

Furthermore,
No restructures (Kerrigan)

No trades (TW)

No FA signings (only a depth signing...hopefully not a starter) and no added draft picks. What is the plan to improve this team?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man you are in full blown panic mode .

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the 3 signings - Bostic, Fuller, and Schweitzer - smart players perhaps lacking top athleticism. I think they overpaid a bit for Fuller and Schweitzer, but you have to to get free agents to come to DC at this point.
What a load of crap. They have no plan it appears. The plan is watch other teams get better. Smith is a great draft guy and Rivera is a solid coach. I believe this is their first real dive into FA decisions. At this point, we have tons of cap room to spend on the 2nd worst team in the NFL. Great job guys!

Ron Rivera, Kyle Smith Have A Plan To Bring In "Tough, Hungry" Players This Offseason
You can't expect a ton this offseason - they can't get rid of the stink that Allen left in one offseason. They bid more for Cooper than Dallas - what more do you expect them to do? They have to have some success before they can win those types of bids.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the subject he asked...
Why all of the interest in Tom Farkin' Brady? Dude is 100 years old and still wants to play? GTFOH!! Shit is all over sports networks, seriously why all of the interest?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the 3 signings - Bostic, Fuller, and Schweitzer - smart players perhaps lacking top athleticism. I think they overpaid a bit for Fuller and Schweitzer, but you have to to get free agents to come to DC at this point.

You can't expect a ton this offseason - they can't get rid of the stink that Allen left in one offseason. They bid more for Cooper than Dallas - what more do you expect them to do? They have to have some success before they can win those types of bids.

I'll just add one other thing to this...

The stink that Bruce Allen left in his wake has layers!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like the Raiders and Dolphins are playing with fun money and trying to buy a championship like Danny boy tried doing the past 20 years however, no one is saying a word about that. Funny how that works. :2cents:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this rebuild will take time . duke seems to advocate for the cerrato days

my thing is this if WE dont want RK at 11.4 mil then why would another team want him at that price ? he sucks dick right ? one injury and he is in decline right ? you dont think other teams see that ? what you see so clearly ?

TW trade hasnt happened because of his contract demands . , his age , his rust , his decline in play as you all have stated many times but act like every GM in the NFL is a dumbass and doesnt see what you see so clearly yet you feel you will magically wave a wand and presto we will get multiple high draft picks and player X

trades are going to take time in this situation . this rebuild will take time .

we have a great d/line , we have young LBS we have fuller back and some good young talent at CB . our wrs played very well in year one and i cant wait till they get another off season under their belts . guice and love have potential

yes we have holes but n

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this rebuild will take time . duke seems to advocate for the cerrato days

my thing is this if WE dont want RK at 11.4 mil then why would another team want him at that price ? he sucks dick right ? one injury and he is in decline right ? you dont think other teams see that ? what you see so clearly ?

TW trade hasnt happened because of his contract demands . , his age , his rust , his decline in play as you all have stated many times but act like every GM in the NFL is a dumbass and doesnt see what you see so clearly yet you feel you will magically wave a wand and presto we will get multiple high draft picks and player X

trades are going to take time in this situation . this rebuild will take time .

we have a great d/line , we have young LBS we have fuller back and some good young talent at CB . our wrs played very well in year one and i cant wait till they get another off season under their belts . guice and love have potential

yes we have holes but n

How am I advocating the Ceratto days? I am doing the opposite of what he would have done.

We are on our 4th regime and you have been saying the same thing for the past 15 years about "being patient". How has that worked out for us? I am said this a million times and will do so again, you and I will have the same conversation in 10 years until we become comptitive and bring in talent. .

This team is not going anywhere with the current mindset of bringing in yes men and old LBs. You are advocating trusting RR but what has he done to gain our trust? He was fired after an overall record barely over .500. You all are acting like he is the 2nd coming of Lombardi. He will not last 3 years here if he doesn't get the team going. Signing depth players, keeping players on your roster who want out and not addressing the leagues worst offense will get him the boot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I advocating the Ceratto days? I am doing the opposite of what he would have done.

We are on our 4th regime and you have been saying the same thing for the past 15 years about "being patient". How has that worked out for us? I am said this a million times and will do so again, you and I will have the same conversation in 10 years until we become comptitive and bring in talent. .

This team is not going anywhere with the current mindset of bringing in yes men and old LBs. You are advocating trusting RR but what has he done to gain our trust? He was fired after an overall record barely over .500. You all are acting like he is the 2nd coming of Lombardi. He will not last 3 years here if he doesn't get the team going. Signing depth players, keeping players on your roster who want out and not addressing the leagues worst offense will get him the boot.
What has he done ? He had a team in a super bowl .

we can’t fix everything In one year and blowing money on name FA’s to go 500 isn’t smart long term . This team has never done what I have advocated . They still chase toys like Norman and CDC while letting super bowl players go

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he done ? He had a team in a super bowl .

we can’t fix everything In one year and blowing money on name FA’s to go 500 isn’t smart long term . This team has never done what I have advocated . They still chase toys like Norman and CDC while letting super bowl players go

I understand that and the team has never done what I thought either. I get that.

The season will rise or fall on Haskins. To me, it appears that upgrading the offense is not in the cards this year. That may be the case and I think that is a huge mistake if that is the case. RR is a defensive guy and most of our cap has gone to the defense as I predicted. Keep in mind thta #2 is going to Young it appears at this time.

With limited cap and no FA worth spending on that would make a difference and not being able to address the O untl round 3......you have to admit that is not good correct?

Keep in mind that we literally had the worst offense in the NFL.