• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season / FA 2020 thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There have been some trades but maybe it will heat up at the CBA is approved.

It does not make sense to keep Kerrigan at his salary and his production taking a major step back. We can use the cap room on a starter as Kerrigan will be a back up at this point. You do not pay back ups 11 million.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some trades but maybe it will heat up at the CBA is approved.

It does not make sense to keep Kerrigan at his salary and his production taking a major step back. We can use the cap room on a starter as Kerrigan will be a back up at this point. You do not pay back ups 11 million.

I also think that renegotiating is a bad idea, the exception being, it's completely designed to make a trade more attractive to the buyer.
This team is in a rebuild whether they admit to it or not. Short term planning is exactly why there's been so much turmoil and failure for so long here in D.C.
Gibbs one, remained consistent because he began with a young team. That team by and large stayed intact and because of their cohesiveness were able to absorb changes, even at QB.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that renegotiating is a bad idea, the exception being, it's completely designed to make a trade more attractive to the buyer.
This team is in a rebuild whether they admit to it or not. Short term planning is exactly why there's been so much turmoil and failure for so long here in D.C.
Gibbs one, remained consistent because he began with a young team. That team by and large stayed intact and because of their cohesiveness were able to absorb changes, even at QB.

I agree. That is why I think we have to spend big and smart here and use that as our base for rebuilding. I know everyone disagrees here but the clock is starting to tick on Rivera. We cannot continue to tolerate losing season after losing season here and I think Dan has caught on. The NFL doesn't allow you years and years to implement a plan.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there is no years and years to build. Turnover is too quick in the NFL.

I think you are entitled to your opinions about personnel but you haven't seen one thing Rivera has done yet you are questioning his personnel moves or lack of what you think they are. Just a suggestion but I am for giving him a chance.

At the same time I don't have much faith in Dan (okay zero faith in Dan) so we are fighting an up hill battle.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That is why I think we have to spend big and smart here and use that as our base for rebuilding. I know everyone disagrees here but the clock is starting to tick on Rivera. We cannot continue to tolerate losing season after losing season here and I think Dan has caught on. The NFL doesn't allow you years and years to implement a plan.
Tick as in his rein has just begun (because it just did) Or the clock is starting to tick on his rein here in DC? Seriously, can we give the guy more than 5 minutes in the building. Structure change doesn't instantly result in culture change. This will take time for sure. A couple solid drafts, add peices in FA, coached up by solid defensive minds and I'm certain we will be competitive by year 2. We must be patient heck, we were patient for 5 years of JG bs.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there is no years and years to build. Turnover is too quick in the NFL.

I think you are entitled to your opinions about personnel but you haven't seen one thing Rivera has done yet you are questioning his personnel moves or lack of what you think they are. Just a suggestion but I am for giving him a chance.

At the same time I don't have much faith in Dan (okay zero faith in Dan) so we are fighting an up hill battle.

Well, I am just saying that so far, he is making some odd decisions. I was ok with the hire but I think we are making Rivera out to be someone he is not. I think he will be better but I think some posters here are treating him like Bellichek. Rivera was barely above .500 in Carolina.

I think he will be ok, but I am confused at some of the moves or lack of moves so far.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am just saying that so far, he is making some odd decisions. I was ok with the hire but I think we are making Rivera out to be someone he is not. I think he will be better but I think some posters here are treating him like Bellichek. Rivera was barely above .500 in Carolina.

I think he will be ok, but I am confused at some of the moves or lack of moves so far.
I am high on Rivera because of Jack Del Rio we will look better and play better dont know if that results in more wins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fans timetable and the skins FO timetable are 2 different things

i am not worried about RK and his salary . we dont have young on the roster yet and his salary as a starter will be a bargain when he is . it balances out

that being said if we can trade him by all means do so but i believe that ship has sailed

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone here thinks RR is BB. That is crazy. Fans want a reason for hope. As a layman which all of us here are saying he is making strange decisions is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I am going to take a more patient point of view and lets see what they do. :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew that the Bears was one of the teams targeting Brandon Schreff, but now with the non-exclusive tag placed on him, will they pay the price to get him? (sign and owe us two first round selections) Hmmmm?:hmm: :think: :puzzled:

• bcbadf90a35f99b7f03c3fa3d626f32b

Sports
    NBC Sports Chicago
    Washington place franchise tag on potential Bears target Brandon Scherff
    The Washington Redskins announced on Saturday that they've placed the franchise tag on three-time Pro Bowl guard, Brandon Scherff. Scherff was arguably the top offensive lineman headed for free agency and would have ranked high on the Bears wish list had he been given the chance to test the open market. The Bears' search for a starting guard still has several viable free-agent options even with Scherff off the market.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy who has won 1 playoff game, KC sure has made a lot of money, like over $200m. Other players should take notice and call his agent, lol.

The Minnesota Vikings are sticking with quarterback Kirk Cousins, agreeing on a two-year contract extension, according to his agent, Mike McCartney.

The value of the deal is $66 million, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy who has won 1 playoff game, KC sure has made a lot of money, like over $200m. Other players should take notice and call his agent, lol.

The Minnesota Vikings are sticking with quarterback Kirk Cousins, agreeing on a two-year contract extension, according to his agent, Mike McCartney.

The value of the deal is $66 million, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

I wonder if it's all guaranteed? Kirk has really padded his family's old age funds. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reporting is taking $10 million less this year to help his team with the cap. It will be interesting to see if that is true how the final two years are structured and how much is guaranteed.

The one playoff win bit is tired. Not many can win a game on their own. He has thrown for 56 TDs and 16 Ints in his two years there. Plenty of good QBs have played on teams that were not great teams. Meanwhile guys like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams and Mark Rypien who were not as good as Cousins have won Super Bowls.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooper signed with the Browns

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe njoku will become available
Great athlete, but is he a reliable football player?

Either way, I'd trade Trent for him and a 3rd rounder.

Last edited:

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooper signed with the Browns
4/44 with 23 guaranteed. That makes him the highest paid TE - but that's because there aren't any highly paid TE's.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Littleton for that money or Breeland and Fuller. It would have been nice, but losing out on Hooper really didnt move the needle for me.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Littleton for that money or Breeland and Fuller. It would have been nice, but losing out on Hooper really didnt move the needle for me.

The TE flying off the board is not good. Agree on Hooper but Ebron or hopefully Hollister is are only FA bet.

OR, we wait until the 3rd round to get a TE.