• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season / FA 2020 thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that and the team has never done what I thought either. I get that.

The season will rise or fall on Haskins. To me, it appears that upgrading the offense is not in the cards this year. That may be the case and I think that is a huge mistake if that is the case. RR is a defensive guy and most of our cap has gone to the defense as I predicted. Keep in mind thta #2 is going to Young it appears at this time.

With limited cap and no FA worth spending on that would make a difference and not being able to address the O untl round 3......you have to admit that is not good correct?

Keep in mind that we literally had the worst offense in the NFL.
Under outdated Bill Callahan and a novice OC

our young wrs and RBs will improve the offense and Haskins will continue to grow

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under outdated Bill Callahan and a novice OC

our young wrs and RBs will improve the offense and Haskins will continue to grow
Here is what I hope with the WR position. As it stands, we offered Cooper a ton crap of money, he said no. An instant upgrade, I say yes but fortunately for us, he said no. He basically saved us from wasting him here in DC next year as this won't be a playoff ready team. He would have been the best WR on the team.
Now, we could sign Robbie Anderson to some of that crap ton of money Cooper turned down however, he wouldn't be the best WR on the team, that would be Tmac. So why pay Anderson a crap ton when it should basically go to Tmac. We can add a solid vet for a 1 yr deal between 5-8m, that can provide solid vet leadership on the field and in the locker room while still allowing McClaurin to shine. Would like to see Harmon grow with more opportunities and this likely won't happen by adding a "big splash" signing or trade WR. Thoughts?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I hope with the WR position. As it stands, we offered Cooper a ton crap of money, he said no. An instant upgrade, I say yes but fortunately for us, he said no. He basically saved us from wasting him here in DC next year as this won't be a playoff ready team. He would have been the best WR on the team.
Now, we could sign Robbie Anderson to some of that crap ton of money Cooper turned down however, he wouldn't be the best WR on the team, that would be Tmac. So why pay Anderson a crap ton when it should basically go to Tmac. We can add a solid vet for a 1 yr deal between 5-8m, that can provide solid vet leadership on the field and in the locker room while still allowing McClaurin to shine. Would like to see Harmon grow with more opportunities and this likely won't happen by adding a "big splash" signing or trade WR. Thoughts?

I agree. I think we should go after Funchess.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with all of this, but I dont think they should go after Funchess. He’s a possession wr.

I dont know how much money robbie anderson wants, but I actually would investigate him, because he can stretch the field AND make the contested catch.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this, but I dont think they should go after Funchess. He’s a possession wr.

I dont know how much money robbie anderson wants, but I actually would investigate him, because he can stretch the field AND make the contested catch.
He likely wants Richardson type money, no thanks!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take DeMarcus Robinson at 3 yr 21M, first 2 years guaranteed, club option 3rd yr. Bet he would bite.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need a possession type of WR. We have the speed with Tmac and Simms.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a possession type of WR. We have the speed with Tmac and Simms.
Says who? We need a dependable vet who can run flawless routes and catch the football at a reasonable price, period. This likely falls under the wants of: Very good vet WR who will sign a 1 yr prove it deal.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have that in harmon dont we ? as far as possession guy

Agreed. I like Harmon in that role.
I still think we need Robinson or Anderson. Robinson would be cheaper. I would rather not use a mid-round pick on a WR unless the value is their and not feel forced to do so.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think RR knows we are trading back? He is almost approaching FA as such with the major emphasis on depth signings. I would love to give them the #2 and TW and completely rip them off for the return. Would we not realistically be able to walk away with #5, #18 and #26 and maybe a 3rd rounder? Good Lord!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have that in harmon dont we ? as far as possession guy

I think Funchess can be a huge red zone weapon. Yes we have Harmon but there is not vet WR on this core. Funchess shouldn't be expensive.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good guy to
Bring in on the cheap

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good guy to
Bring in on the cheap

I agree. We need to decide what to do with Smith:

1. Cut him
2. Attempt to trade him (zero % chance of this IMO)
3. Keep him on the roster knowing he will not play this year.
4. Keep him on the roster with a chance he plays this year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good guy to
Bring in on the cheap

If there has ever been a case in which a player pays the team to play, this is the one! (I wonder how much added cap money we can get?:D)