• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season / FA 2020 thread

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely interesting to think about. And sadly, it is a possibility. We just postponed the Olympics which was scheduled to start July 24th. NFL teams would already be in camp with preseason just a week or so away. If there is pressure from athletes to delay the Olympics, its reasonable to assume that in a month or so, if things haven't calmed down, the same kind of pressures will start to show up for the upcoming college and NFL seasons. Hell, I feel bad for the high school kids that graduated early so they could enroll in college in January and participate in Spring football. They got a few practices in and that was it. So this could become a real possibility. I never thought that A) we could take Tua if we wanted to and then that B) in a worse case scenario for the league, we would have a very good chance to get Lawrence. Looking at the 2021 mock draft on Walter football, the first 2 picks are QB's (Lawrence and Fields) so I am sure someone would be trying to trade up with Cincy. The 2022 mock has us taking Sam Howell who was a freshman QB at UNC this year.

One thing people are overlooking with another season is the likelihood of another surge come fall and winter, right when the season is really in swing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully by then a cure is in place

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one thing is for sure....we will lead the league in RB and LB depth.
And what exactly is wrong with that if you aren’t getting starters to sign or they are too expensive ?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what exactly is wrong with that if you aren’t getting starters to sign or they are too expensive ?

Because we continue to make strange decisions and stockpiling players at positions where we have holes for starters in others.

I know support this FO whole heartedly and do like anyone who is critical of the moves made or questions them but what we are doing makes no sense.

You just posted something that said we have lots of cap room and said "I will just leave this"...now you are saying that starters are too expensive? If you posted something saying we are top 6 or so in cap room but now saying starters are too expensive, which one is it?

I find it strange that I post an article and its "meaningless" because it questions the direction of a 1st time front office yet anything that supports the decisions made is given a thumbs up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we continue to make strange decisions and stockpiling players at positions where we have holes for starters in others.

I know support this FO whole heartedly and do like anyone who is critical of the moves made or questions them but what we are doing makes no sense.

You just posted something that said we have lots of cap room and said "I will just leave this"...now you are saying that starters are too expensive? If you posted something saying we are top 6 or so in cap room but now saying starters are too expensive, which one is it?

I find it strange that I post an article and its "meaningless" because it questions the direction of a 1st time front office yet anything that supports the decisions made is given a thumbs up.
I am saying you don’t know anything about the plan . I post different views from all sources and comment on them . It is meaningless because I have already said about winning the off season hasn’t happened on the field .

perhaps the FO realizes what we are , a bottom feeder and that next season offers different things

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six million is gong to Young if he is the pick. They could extend Allen possibly too.