• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season / FA 2020 thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar on the block. TW on the block and now Dunbar. Have not heard about Kerrigan but I hope he is next:

Question, what could we realistically get for him or in other words, what is the asking price? 3rd or 4th?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar on the block. TW on the block and now Dunbar. Have not heard about Kerrigan but I hope he is next:

Question, what could we realistically get for him or in other words, what is the asking price? 3rd or 4th?

Considering how this is now out for public consumption, the return is zero. Anyone interested needs only to wait them out now. #KirkCousinsrule. (Presumptive stupidity)

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how this is now out for public consumption, the return is zero. Anyone interested needs only to wait them out now. #KirkCousinsrule. (Presumptive stupidity)

I agree and that is what puts us in a bad spot. I do not believe we have as much leverage as we think, especially with TW.
Lets say TW refuses to play, that means we save that in cap correct? So...basically, we lose him and gain nothing? In other words, we save 12-14 million in cap for 2020 but gain nothing else as he was coming off the books to begin with. It appears we aren't going to use that cap anyways so in the end, TW will not get paid but we lose out on a valuable draft pick for a 3-13 looking to rebuild through the draft. That is not good!

I actually do not want him in the locker room being a cancer to the team and bad mouthing the FO to our younger players. If we are trully trying to build a good culture here, TW cannot be here.

We can try to teach him a lesson or try to get something for him. If he sits out in 2020 and then simply walks away, that would be a huge strike against this FO. I am thinking TW will go for a 3rd or 4th round pick on draft day or shortly before. I do not think a team will give us a 2nd anymore.

Dunbar hopefully gets us a 3rd or 4th. He is clearly more annoying on social media and I think we need to get rid of him ASAP. Its disappointing that we have two players who despirately want out. I am not sure if we are holding out or are we going to play chicken with teams. Bottom line, both of these players need to be traded. I still cannot figure out what we are doing with TW for the life of me.

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't start posts so just wondering, what happens if the 2020 season gets cancelled? Do they go with the same draft order for next year's class? If so, Cinncinnatti would have just taken Burrow. So that would leave Trevor Lawrence available at #2, our pick!!!! Could we be so lucky that this would work in our favor if they cancelled the season?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't start posts so just wondering, what happens if the 2020 season gets cancelled? Do they go with the same draft order for next year's class? If so, Cinncinnatti would have just taken Burrow. So that would leave Trevor Lawrence available at #2, our pick!!!! Could we be so lucky that this would work in our favor if they cancelled the season?

The NFL represents a microcosm of the greater society. If the NFL season is cancelled, then most everything else NFL relate, except the NFL draft, would also be cancelled.

Moving on and accepting you premise, I'm sure that there will be some who would decide at that time to not return to class, albeit a year later. Pretty sure that an entire class won't opt for the NFL.

Trevor Lawrence in your scenario, after making himself eligible would go #1 making Tua/Burrow/Young available at #2 (you still take Young) and nothing has changed at the top of the draft.

One other thing, your scenario would likely create a super draft, depending upon the number of players declaring for it. In other words, players drafted into round 7 would in theory be 2nd and 3rd round talents.
Undrafted free agent pool would also be stocked with 3rd and 4th round talents.

Well done! Good to know that there are still forward thinking folks on board.:suds:

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post a few more times and you can . dont know what happens if the season is cancelled . doubt it is

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL represents a microcosm of the greater society. If the NFL season is cancelled, then most everything else NFL relate, except the NFL draft, would also be cancelled.

Moving on and accepting you premise, I'm sure that there will be some who would decide at that time to not return to class, albeit a year later. Pretty sure that an entire class won't opt for the NFL.

Trevor Lawrence in your scenario, after making himself eligible would go #1 making Tua/Burrow/Young available at #2 (you still take Young) and nothing has changed at the top of the draft.

One other thing, your scenario would likely create a super draft, depending upon the number of players declaring for it. In other words, players drafted into round 7 would in theory be 2nd and 3rd round talents.
Undrafted free agent pool would also be stocked with 3rd and 4th round talents.

Well done! Good to know that there are still forward thinking folks on board.:suds:

I'm not sure I follow this logic. This year's draft is happening regardless. So in this assumption, I am assuming that Burrow goes to the Bengals and we still take Young at #2. I'm then saying, ok, what if there ends up being no 2020 NFL season and we find ourselves here a year later looking at the 2021 NFL draft with a whole new draft class. Trevor Lawrence would then be eligible to go pro and I am sure he would. If they went with the same draft order, the Bengals just took Burrow who under this scenario still has not had an NFL practice or game. So they are good with QB. I don't know who they would take if they stay put. If they stayed put, it would be there for us #2 and I would take him and trade Haskins. Not that this is going to happen but at this stage it is possible that there is no sports for the rest of the year (hope note). So it was really more of a question of what would happen if there was no season? Still have a 2021 draft I assume but what would the draft order be?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I follow this logic. This year's draft is happening regardless. So in this assumption, I am assuming that Burrow goes to the Bengals and we still take Young at #2. I'm then saying, ok, what if there ends up being no 2020 NFL season and we find ourselves here a year later looking at the 2021 NFL draft with a whole new draft class. Trevor Lawrence would then be eligible to go pro and I am sure he would. If they went with the same draft order, the Bengals just took Burrow who under this scenario still has not had an NFL practice or game. So they are good with QB. I don't know who they would take if they stay put. If they stayed put, it would be there for us #2 and I would take him and trade Haskins. Not that this is going to happen but at this stage it is possible that there is no sports for the rest of the year (hope note). So it was really more of a question of what would happen if there was no season? Still have a 2021 draft I assume but what would the draft order be?

The draft this year will take place, even if it's on-line. The season may not be played, but the only thing in major sports going on right now is NFL transactions. I'll respond further when I get back, but for now I have to make a run.

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft this year will take place, even if it's on-line. The season may not be played, but the only thing in major sports going on right now is NFL transactions. I'll respond further when I get back, but for now I have to make a run.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure you understood that in my scenario:
A) the 2020 NFL draft takes place and Burrow goes #1 to Bengals, Skins take Young @ #2
B) Coronavirus causes entire 2020 NFL season to cancel. No practices, no games
C) it is now March 2021 and its time for the 2021 draft. All of the sophomores are now eligible because they are now 3 years removed from high school. So Trevor Lawrence declares and is the consensus #1 player but is a QB

So questions become:
A) Does the NFL use the same draft order as 2020 since there were no games
B) Do they have a lottery drawing of the worst teams from 2020 draft order
C) Do they have a lottery drawing of all teams

In this case I'd be hopping for A and we have the 2nd pick. No way does Cincy take Lawrence since they took Burrow in the last draft. So if they stand pat for whomever is the best player not a QB, then at #2 we could take him. Most likely thought Cincy would try to trade their pick to someone who needs a QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) the 2020 NFL draft takes place and Burrow goes #1 to Bengals, Skins take Young @ #2
C) it is now March 2021 and its time for the 2021 draft. All of the sophomores are now eligible because they are now 3 years removed from high school. So Trevor Lawrence declares and is the consensus #1 player but is a QB

So questions become:

In this case I'd be hopping for A and we have the 2nd pick. No way does Cincy take Lawrence since they took Burrow in the last draft. So if they stand pat for whomever is the best player not a QB, then at #2 we could take him. Most likely thought Cincy would try to trade their pick to someone who needs a QB.

i dont think anyone knows this but i cant see how you could do anything else but use the same draft order

i also doubt the season gets canceled but your scenario is interesting

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think anyone knows this but i cant see how you could do anything else but use the same draft order

i also doubt the season gets canceled but your scenario is interesting

I would expect more of a lottery than the same draft order.

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely interesting to think about. And sadly, it is a possibility. We just postponed the Olympics which was scheduled to start July 24th. NFL teams would already be in camp with preseason just a week or so away. If there is pressure from athletes to delay the Olympics, its reasonable to assume that in a month or so, if things haven't calmed down, the same kind of pressures will start to show up for the upcoming college and NFL seasons. Hell, I feel bad for the high school kids that graduated early so they could enroll in college in January and participate in Spring football. They got a few practices in and that was it. So this could become a real possibility. I never thought that A) we could take Tua if we wanted to and then that B) in a worse case scenario for the league, we would have a very good chance to get Lawrence. Looking at the 2021 mock draft on Walter football, the first 2 picks are QB's (Lawrence and Fields) so I am sure someone would be trying to trade up with Cincy. The 2022 mock has us taking Sam Howell who was a freshman QB at UNC this year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i also doubt the season gets canceled but your scenario is interesting.

I agree with you about the draft order.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So questions become:

Sorry about the late response:

A. Yes the same draft order, a season that never happened means no change from the one that preceded it.

B. No,

C. No.

Lawrence would go first because Cincy would try to trade Burrow and if they are truly sold on him (Burrow) they would certainly get a magnificent haul for that 1st pick. Unless Washington is willing to do another RGIII move up, they have no chance to get Lawrence. In fact, I believe that in that scenario, Washington would be in the move down state of mind. Again very thought provoking perspective.