• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odell Beckham Jr

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for not posting this in the draft forum, this is beyond my man crush on him as a prospect though.

I just wanted to highlight the degree of difficulty he displays not once, but on a pair of kickoffs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssC-6NFfTnE]Amazing Kickoff College Football Catch - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXSVG75brOo]Odell Beckham Jr One Hand Catch - YouTube[/ame]

I apologize in advance if its been posted already (I haven't been around in a while).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time getting excited about a guy who has only two 100 yard rec games and 2 rec TDs against the SEC this season. Both those TDs and one of the 100 yard games came against mighty Miss St. who lost both their CBs to the draft this year. He ripped up scrubby teams like Furman and UAB though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a hard time getting excited about a guy who has only two 100 yard rec games and 2 rec TDs against the SEC this season. Both those TDs and one of the 100 yard games came against mighty Miss St. who lost both their CBs to the draft this year. He ripped up scrubby teams like Furman and UAB though.

I like him better than I like Early Doucet when Doucet was a prospect, I see a lot of similarities between them as receivers. Beckham Jr. is more explosive however. Still their ceiling in the pros is about the same. Whatever he brings to the table, I think Q. Patton could bring the same for us in that regard. We don't need a #2, we need a playmaker. A legit #1 to pair up with Crabtree and Boldin - and Sammy Watkins is that guy.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Mizzou fan, I really hope the 9ers can some how get DGB when he comes out after next year.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, since I can't edit my post for some strange reason, I think L'Damian Washington is a legitimate 3rd-4th round prospect. If his 40 times are for real, given his size, I think has a ton of potential.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him better than I like Early Doucet when Doucet was a prospect, I see a lot of similarities between them as receivers. Beckham Jr. is more explosive however. Still their ceiling in the pros is about the same. Whatever he brings to the table, I think Q. Patton could bring the same for us in that regard. We don't need a #2, we need a playmaker. A legit #1 to pair up with Crabtree and Boldin - and Sammy Watkins is that guy.

Yeah I wasn't high on Doucet either. I'm so glad Nolan didn't get him. Yikes.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of recievers who are under 6' 1". Also, Odell's stats seem padded a little bit against bad teams.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Being a Mizzou fan, I really hope the 9ers can some how get DGB when he comes out after next year.

He's a stud. Not many people know of him for some odd reason. He and Cooper will be vying for the #1 ranking spot for their respective WR position.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, since I can't edit my post for some strange reason, I think L'Damian Washington is a legitimate 3rd-4th round prospect. If his 40 times are for real, given his size, I think has a ton of potential.

Once again I agree with you. But I wouldn't draft him in the 3rd though. Indeed, it will be very interesting to see his 40 time and his true height.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like WRU is still in business. I really look forward to seeing UT's core next season. North, Pearson, Malone and Pig. Wow wow wow. Dobbs or Fergie will have no excuses.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get Ty Montgomery. 4.3 speed 6'2" and 220 lbs. can catch and run after the catch. Every team doubles him and he still kills them

Plus has best average for returns on kick offs. Next John Taylor

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a stud. Not many people know of him for some odd reason. He and Cooper will be vying for the #1 ranking spot for their respective WR position.

No one knows about DGB? He was the #1 recruit out of HS a couple of years ago. Everyone's talking about him as a top-10 selection in '15.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get Ty Montgomery. 4.3 speed 6'2" and 220 lbs. can catch and run after the catch. Every team doubles him and he still kills them

I love him as well.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't see us having any kind of shot at Watkins.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one knows about DGB? He was the #1 recruit out of HS a couple of years ago. Everyone's talking about him as a top-10 selection in '15.

First of all I never said that! Bad job of quoting. Secondly, I stand by comment that most people do not know who DGB is. I can safely say that other than Joshua56, no one has raved about the possibility of seeing DGB in next year's draft. You know this too, when we were discussing Cooper in Sick's College Football / NFL Draft thread. Again, I never said no one knows him or aren't familiarize of him from his past (high school accolades); I just said not many people know of him in the college ranks and the type of talent that he is. You compared Cooper to AJ Green saying he could be better than Green, and came back and said that I would take DGB ahead of Cooper. I did/said that to illustrate to you how much I felt about him as a prospect in 2015.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Occasionally. Biggest knock against him is extremely inconsistent hands over multiple seasons now.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again I agree with you. But I wouldn't draft him in the 3rd though. Indeed, it will be very interesting to see his 40 time and his true height.

I think his size is legit, but I'm not sure he's really a 4.3 guy. A 6'4" receiver with hands like his (watch his TD grab against Texas A&M last week) who could run a 4.3 40? I would think he would be ranked higher in the draft. Still, so long as he's not dog ass slow, which I don't think he is, I think he has all the tools to be a successful NFL WR. The only reason his receptions and yards aren't as good as some of the other national receivers is because MU has 2 great receivers (DGB being the other of course) and because MU loves to run. He does need to put on some muscle though, IMO he's not big enough.

Last edited by a moderator: