• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OC Josh McDaniels to interview with Rams, just in

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you are McDaniels, do you go to an organization with a bad owner for the $$$ and almost certain failure? or do you stay with the Pats and wait for an opportunity like Gase got?

Miami had finally learned the lesson about management by committee - or have they? Gase is getting the opportunity because the team had a coaching carrousel like Cleveland. They might go back to their old ways and then Gase is screwed.....

They have had only 1 HC for more than 5 years and we all know that's Don Shula Johnsin and Wandstat disnt last 5 years and Saban even shorter. I know they have different owners now, not Huzienga or the original Robbie and Danny Thomas families

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I have the Bills below the Rams is for 2 reasons...1) Looks like they are getting rid of Taylor so the QB position is a complete question mark. 2) The FO seems to be a complete mess. Didn't tell players or even the GM they were firing Rex when they did. They found out because it was posted on the teams official twitter page. Not exactly the type of ownership I want to walk into. I would add they also have a tougher division in my opinion than the NFC West. NE is squarely at the top and Miami now looks to be a team on the rise. So playoffs become much more difficult. Where NFC West they seemed to have a couple of teams really take a huge step back.
If they get rid of Taylor then they are in Niners territory of NFL hell.

Most of the coaching positions come down to what you think of the various QBs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want an established, accurate QB if I had McDaniels. The closest and best fit I see is Los Chargers. Bortles isn't the right type of QB for crazy shenanigans, Rams dont have the offensive firepower for what he'd want to do and Denver is a poor fit for many reasons.
Trade for Romo.

Let Goff watch and learn.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Asked why Ross is asking for their help instead of handling the situation himself, Marino replied: "That’s a good question."

"Ross said he has formed an independent advisory group that includes Marino, Tony Dungy, Don Shula, Jason Taylor and Curtis Martin."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are both bad organizations. Good teams? Really?
They've been mismanaged is all. Overall they are good organizations. Again both teams require a lot of work but if JM could package him, Nick Casero and Jimmy G to go to SF I think that could be the missing link. SF shows they will spend the $, have/had a great fan base and still have some nice pieces. JM and NC making the personnel decisions would help that franchise immensely.

LA moving to STL gives him a fresh start. If he can work with Goff and having a nice back in Gurley he'd help that offense. They already have a great 7 on the D side.

My other comment was saying there are no current good teams looking for a coach. They all need work. Some a lot more than others.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo to Denver is what I think may happen?

I really don't think it will happen. The Broncos actually really like their 2 young guys and the promise they show for the future. Yes they didn't have perfect years this year but it was also first time starting in the NFL. A full off season of work should help immensely. The other thing is while they have a decent chunk of cap space bringing in Romo depending on the contract would eat up a big chunk of that. I'm guessing they would rather use that money to build up the OL and DL. The OL being much better greatly improves the chances of those young QB's finding success. Plus then Romo's injury history just makes it all the more complicated.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think it will happen. The Broncos actually really like their 2 young guys and the promise they show for the future. Yes they didn't have perfect years this year but it was also first time starting in the NFL. A full off season of work should help immensely. The other thing is while they have a decent chunk of cap space bringing in Romo depending on the contract would eat up a big chunk of that. I'm guessing they would rather use that money to build up the OL and DL. The OL being much better greatly improves the chances of those young QB's finding success. Plus then Romo's injury history just makes it all the more complicated.
I hope you're right. I don't want to have to go to Denver next year and face a Romo led Bronco team.
From what I recall not a lot of quality FA OLs out there so that shouldn't effect your cap greatly?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. I don't want to have to go to Denver next year and face a Romo led Bronco team.
From what I recall not a lot of quality FA OLs out there so that shouldn't effect your cap greatly?

Well this is where rumors about what is happening around the league matter.

From what I am hearing Jason Peters and Brandon Albert are expected to be cut because of cap issues.
Whitworth while up in age just graded out as the best LT in football and he is hitting FA.

At the RT position there are a couple of guys that could do a pretty good job. Anything right now is probably an upgrade at RT for the Broncos.

At the Guard position it should actually have some quality players hitting the open market. Joeckel, Lang, Warmack, Leary, Zeitler, Warford, and a couple of others have all looked pretty darn good at the guard position.

It isn't the deepest group by any means but the Broncos with not having a ton of holes to fill can target a few of these guys and push some decent money at them.

And Romo I guess I'm just not too excited at the idea of him. He hasn't lasted a full season in quite some time. His cap hit could be huge. And if money is taken away from fixing the OL not like he isn't going to get hit here in Denver. I would rather see the team fix the OL to help get the run game going which in turn helps out the QB and the defense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is where rumors about what is happening around the league matter.

From what I am hearing Jason Peters and Brandon Albert are expected to be cut because of cap issues.
Whitworth while up in age just graded out as the best LT in football and he is hitting FA.

At the RT position there are a couple of guys that could do a pretty good job. Anything right now is probably an upgrade at RT for the Broncos.

At the Guard position it should actually have some quality players hitting the open market. Joeckel, Lang, Warmack, Leary, Zeitler, Warford, and a couple of others have all looked pretty darn good at the guard position.

It isn't the deepest group by any means but the Broncos with not having a ton of holes to fill can target a few of these guys and push some decent money at them.

And Romo I guess I'm just not too excited at the idea of him. He hasn't lasted a full season in quite some time. His cap hit could be huge. And if money is taken away from fixing the OL not like he isn't going to get hit here in Denver. I would rather see the team fix the OL to help get the run game going which in turn helps out the QB and the defense.
Good points. I must've read some bad reports on the FA group. True not a whirlwind but some possible upgrades for Denver. I think Romo will want to play for a championship contending team more than breaking the bank? We'll see what happens after the POs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I must've read some bad reports on the FA group. True not a whirlwind but some possible upgrades for Denver. I think Romo will want to play for a championship contending team more than breaking the bank? We'll see what happens after the POs.
I see Romo being a backup QB for a contender. Maybe its Denver and they part ways with Simian but in reality it could be one of like 10 teams.

I dont think a serious team would look at him as a starting QB at this juncture.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah price would really be the big issue for me. If we are talking $15 million or more a year then no thanks. That is 2 quality OL starters right there for the price of Romo.

You didn't hear bad reports just I think overblown. The LT group RIGHT now doesn't look good but I think it will vastly improve as cuts start happening. Hard to tell right now until FA really kicks off.