• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OC Josh McDaniels to interview with Rams, just in

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think whoever hires McDaniels is gonna regret it. He could've learned from his past mistakes but when your only HC job ends up getting you fired for a cheating scandal any team better have him on a short leash.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw he'll interview with SF along with Nick Casero. There was a third team mentioned he would be inetrviewing with as well. I think it was Jacksonville but not 100% sure on that one.

If Josh was smart he'd stay where he's at. Wait for BB to retire and take over NE. He was like 11-17 as the Denver HC.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams and 49ers.... the circus in the NFC West continues. Course I dunno, maybe Josh McDaniels is ready now after a bit more grooming in New England.

If I was McDaniels I'd avoid both. York and Kroenke are probably the two biggest idiots in NFL FO.

Rams have zero ammo to build the team with since a) nobody really wants to go there, b) they mortgaged all their future away for that dork Goff.

49ers.... I just have zero faith York knows what he's doing. I'm sure York will trade into the #1 overall pick and draft Fournette or something. And then acquire RG3 or something laughable.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he can lead them to 2-14 again

(As someone who has seen McDaniels with Rams players...its bad. really bad. )

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think whoever hires McDaniels is gonna regret it. He could've learned from his past mistakes but when your only HC job ends up getting you fired for a cheating scandal any team better have him on a short leash.

And if he succeeds where he goes, wouldn't that suck for the Broncos all Cleveland Browns like.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw he'll interview with SF along with Nick Casero. There was a third team mentioned he would be inetrviewing with as well. I think it was Jacksonville but not 100% sure on that one.

If Josh was smart he'd stay where he's at. Wait for BB to retire and take over NE. He was like 11-17 as the Denver HC.

That Casero guy looks like something Dr. Frankenstein created

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that the New England DC Matt ??????? is not being mentioned in HC talks.

Maybe the way the NFL is going because the names im constantly hearing are offense coordinators

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily a short leash just a leash that includes ZERO control over decisions that have to do with player personnel.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say strike while iron is hot...what I think we know at this point...the guy can game plan and call plays, so even if he falls on his face again, he can always get a job as a OC.

LA has pieces, but the pressure will be huge...JAX seems to have a roster closer to competing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDaniels would be a risky hire in my opinion. Interviews are going to be key for him because obviously the question is going to come up of what would you have done differently in Denver? I've listened to him discuss that very thing before and he has said "nothing." Not exactly what a new team wants to hear after watching him send an organization in a nose dive.

He has some great positives
1) Probably one of the best X's and O's guys in the entire league. Truly a brilliant mind when it comes to just understanding the game.
2) Does a great job of designing an offense to fit the skill of his players.

Some negatives though..
1) Maybe the biggest is his ability to deal with different personalities. If he is to become a successful coach he has to work on this area. This is the big difference between Coordinator and HC of the HC is more about balancing all the players/coaches/FO people and finding ways to communicate well with all of them. He was down right terrible at this in Denver. In fact coordinators demanded to be let go. Players demanded to be traded.
2) Water down some of what he wants to do. What I mean by this is players said they never worked for a coach that demanded the players to know more. Which can be a good thing and a bad thing all at the same time. The number of plays he wanted the players to know on a given Sunday was just impossible for most players. It lead to a lot of confusion on the field. He also ran them ragged in practice. Which can help explain the Broncos starting out 6-0 with him as the HC then nose diving going 2-8 over the final 10 games of the season. Again just being more in tune with the players and what they actually need to be successful.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see much of McDaniel's in Denver.
I do think expectations would kill him in most organizations.
NE has arguably the best organization, tp to bottom. Trying to create a well-oiled machine in the organizations that need a coach (except Denver) will not be successful with idiots at the top.
Denver would be a good place for McDaniels next gig but he is ineligible for that job.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see much of McDaniel's in Denver.
I do think expectations would kill him in most organizations.
NE has arguably the best organization, tp to bottom. Trying to create a well-oiled machine in the organizations that need a coach (except Denver) will not be successful with idiots at the top.
Denver would be a good place for McDaniels next gig but he is ineligible for that job.....

Yeah the city of Denver might burn to the ground if he were to be hired. Fans would lose it. He is still a cuss word in the state of Colorado.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want an established, accurate QB if I had McDaniels. The closest and best fit I see is Los Chargers. Bortles isn't the right type of QB for crazy shenanigans, Rams dont have the offensive firepower for what he'd want to do and Denver is a poor fit for many reasons.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked that the New England DC Matt ??????? is not being mentioned in HC talks.

Maybe the way the NFL is going because the names im constantly hearing are offense coordinators
Matt Patricia he is set to interview with SD (reportedly). I unfortunately see him leaving. It would be his first HC gig so he'd likely take any offer.
As for McDaniels he's going to want the right fit before he leaves IMHO.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDaniels would be a risky hire in my opinion. Interviews are going to be key for him because obviously the question is going to come up of what would you have done differently in Denver? I've listened to him discuss that very thing before and he has said "nothing." Not exactly what a new team wants to hear after watching him send an organization in a nose dive.

He has some great positives
1) Probably one of the best X's and O's guys in the entire league. Truly a brilliant mind when it comes to just understanding the game.
2) Does a great job of designing an offense to fit the skill of his players.

Some negatives though..
1) Maybe the biggest is his ability to deal with different personalities. If he is to become a successful coach he has to work on this area. This is the big difference between Coordinator and HC of the HC is more about balancing all the players/coaches/FO people and finding ways to communicate well with all of them. He was down right terrible at this in Denver. In fact coordinators demanded to be let go. Players demanded to be traded.
2) Water down some of what he wants to do. What I mean by this is players said they never worked for a coach that demanded the players to know more. Which can be a good thing and a bad thing all at the same time. The number of plays he wanted the players to know on a given Sunday was just impossible for most players. It lead to a lot of confusion on the field. He also ran them ragged in practice. Which can help explain the Broncos starting out 6-0 with him as the HC then nose diving going 2-8 over the final 10 games of the season. Again just being more in tune with the players and what they actually need to be successful.
I'd add he needs to get his own personality. With Denver he acted like a BB mini-me wannabe.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want an established, accurate QB if I had McDaniels. The closest and best fit I see is Los Chargers. Bortles isn't the right type of QB for crazy shenanigans, Rams dont have the offensive firepower for what he'd want to do and Denver is a poor fit for many reasons.

I could see the Rams maybe being a fit depending on McDaniel's view of Goff. If he views him as a smart young QB that could thrive in his short passing game system then I could see that being a fit. That is what Goff was known for coming out of college so that is where I see him ending up. Plus the idea of getting the new stadium, playing in one of the biggest tv markets, and there being some talented players on the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add he needs to get his own personality. With Denver he acted like a BB mini-me wannabe.

Good point. He even went as far as wearing the hoodie all the time when with the Broncos. There is a reason there is no coach like BB because his personality and the way he operates is just impossible to mimic. McDaniels tried to come in and be the tough guy no nonsense and players could read right through the act. He also didn't realize that part of why players respond even when BB speaks critical to them is because of his reputation and knowing that he is saying it so they will get better. McDaniels for example took our young QB Cutler into a room and just spent an hour telling him everything he was doing wrong as a QB. Never once complimenting him on anything. At one point Cutler and his agent just got up and left because it was reaching a level of ridiculousness that is unheard of.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Rams maybe being a fit depending on McDaniel's view of Goff. If he views him as a smart young QB that could thrive in his short passing game system then I could see that being a fit. That is what Goff was known for coming out of college so that is where I see him ending up. Plus the idea of getting the new stadium, playing in one of the biggest tv markets, and there being some talented players on the team.
Aren't the Chargers getting the same market?

I could see McDaniels being a fan of Goff but the Rams have almost no draft picks to fix their offense. He did draft Lance Kendricks so maybe he is a fan but TE is a sore spot on that team as well as some offensive line issues.

The Rams do have some good pieces but I can't imagine that he'd go back after getting run out of the only job he truly tanked.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Patricia he is set to interview with SD (reportedly). I unfortunately see him leaving. It would be his first HC gig so he'd likely take any offer.
As for McDaniels he's going to want the right fit before he leaves IMHO.

Right fit is usually $$$$$$