• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations from Yesterdays Eagles/Girls game

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this one hurts and it hurts in the worst way.

1. This game was lost in the offseason. The failure to totally address the secondary and the releasing of a quality reciever in DeSean Jackson and the subsquent drafting of Josh Huff cost this team a game yesterday.

2. Bradley Fletcher is horrible, He needs to be replace I dont care if Nolan Carrol is better or not you have to at least try it.

3. If Josh Huff wasnt from Oregon I have no doubt he would be deactived most weeks

4. Why is Darrin Sproles not returning kicks?

5. Jeremy Maclin save one play the last two weeks has been shut down. This is on Chip he must find ways to get the ball into his best recievers hands, even handcuffed by Sanchez.

6. For all those who thought Sanchez would be better than Foles. The one thing you cant measure is heart. Foles took a beating the first 8 games of this year and he went 6-2 and should have went 8-0. Even in games like San Fran where he didnt play well he played well when it counted he put a ball right on Cooper and he dropped it. When we come down the stretch of games with Sanchez he throw INTS and shits the bed.

7. Fletcher Cox continues to be a beast on the defensive line.

8. Once again we get a poorly reffed game not as bad as the Seattle game but there were several major calls missed and missed when it matter as Dallas built that big lead. Spotting of the ball was commical at least several times the ball was spotted a yard to a yard and half ahead of where the runner was. Not the reason why we lost but its really hard to overcome the officals and beat a quality team.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Josh Huff should not be the scapegoat. Josh Huff was 5 yards deep....the ball dropped on the 18 yard line...No way should he have to run 23 yards to field the kickoff....That is why you have your upmen with decent hands as well. Brad Smith should have fielded that kickoff, not Huff.

2. There were plenty of wide open receivers....Sanchez just sucks (Yep, I admit it, Dude sucks)

3. Our secondary blows, but our D-Coordinator should be bitch slapped for not making necessary adjustments.

4. Brandon Graham needs to Start, Trent Cole is all but cooked.

5. Why did we get Darren Sproles if he is not going to be utilized????

6. Chip Kelly has a long, long way to go before he can come close to being as good a coach as Andy Reid. Love him or hate him Andy would not have lost this football game. Andy Reid rarely ever lost 2 in a row, and Andy owned the Cowboys.

7. We need a Stud ILB in the worst way!

8. I'm tired of hearing the crying about the officials....instead I'm gonna cry about our NFL players that can't catch pass or make throws that your average High School kid is expected to.

9. We have gotten nothing out of these picks
1 (26) - Marcus Smith, OLB, Louisville (what a disappointment)
3 (86) - Josh Huff, WR, Oregon (very little from this guy, although I still like his ability)
4 (101) - Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida (where is he?)
5 (141) - Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon (I said this guy sucked when we took him)
5 (162) - Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford (LMAO)

That is a whole lot of NOTHING!

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles was just as bad vs worse competition. He was 5-2 in games he finished. Sanchez is 4-3. Without great S/T play early...we probably only win 2 or 3 with Foles.

Crazy stat...The Eagles have 34 turnovers. As many as the Patriots, Seahawks and Packers combined.

Bottom line IMO...is we need a new QB. Gotta look at draft. Until we get one, we are just fans who will continually get our hopes up & be crushed when we get to the playoffs.

Get a QB..and do what you can to fix that secondary. We need some other things as well but I think its pretty obvious where we need to be a lot better to compete with the top teams in the NFL.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said...we have some good players/coaches. Its not like we suck. We are a good team without a good QB or secondary. In todays game...impossible to go far with that combo. No matter what else you have. Gotta atleast have one or the other. Preferably both.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turnover issue is something to be concerned about. Is it just a QB issue or is it also a result of the fast pace? The Bills used to turn it over quite a bit as well back in the day & Kelly was a damn good QB.

Chip may have to amend his tempo approach & go slow at times as well as hyper speed. I think when you do that, you keep teams off guard, you help your D out a little bit & I think it helps your O skill players. Just a thought.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DO NOT want to see ya'll in the playoffs. That run D is legit and I think the matchup in general is a tough one for us. Please lose out.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Kickoff: Was not Josh Huff’s fault. Returners are deep in the end zone and by the time he realized it was short had no shot at getting to that ball.

Chip Kelly: Started out bad with his play calling. He made adjustments on the fly and by halftime he had the offense going really well. The Cowboys had 10 days to prepare and they were ready for everything early on but in the end Chip Kelly had the play calls that would have given Sanchez very good numbers if managed to pull his head out of his ass. Sorry Wings but Reid did not own the Cowboys like you think. Yes he did so early on because they sucked but in the end The Cowboys owned us. In Reid’s final 3 years the Eagles were 2-5 against the Cowboys which include a playoff loss.

Billy Davis: Needs to be replaced. He has been bad all year long. He has hid behind the talent of a strong defensive line. Last night only cemented how inept he was. There are only a handful of corners I would put against Bryant in man coverage. Yet we gave up 21 points due to that repeated horrible decision.

Mark Sanchez: I think we can finally end the debate on him rescuing anything. As I said earlier this year he sucks and last night he proved it. The misses he had last night were just bad. I mean college wide open receivers. The 2 interceptions he threw were just horrible throws. It is time for him to go back on the bench.

Shady McCoy: When he is decisive with his runs he is very , very good. When he starts his dancing with the stars auditions he puts the offense in big holes. His elusiveness can be an asset but it can be a liability too. I think he needs to decide faster what it is he is going to do.

As I said at the start of the season I do not feel this is a team capable of contending for a Superbowl We have too many glaring holes in the secondary. In the playoffs good teams are going to eat us alive. I think Maclin is having a great year but we still do not have that receiver that forces teams to be honest. The upcoming draft will speak volumes on the direction this team is heading.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Kickoff: Was not Josh Huff’s fault. Returners are deep in the end zone and by the time he realized it was short had no shot at getting to that ball.

Chip Kelly: Started out bad with his play calling. He made adjustments on the fly and by halftime he had the offense going really well. The Cowboys had 10 days to prepare and they were ready for everything early on but in the end Chip Kelly had the play calls that would have given Sanchez very good numbers if managed to pull his head out of his ass. Sorry Wings but Reid did not own the Cowboys like you think. Yes he did so early on because they sucked but in the end The Cowboys owned us. In Reid’s final 3 years the Eagles were 2-5 against the Cowboys which include a playoff loss.

Billy Davis: Needs to be replaced. He has been bad all year long. He has hid behind the talent of a strong defensive line. Last night only cemented how inept he was. There are only a handful of corners I would put against Bryant in man coverage. Yet we gave up 21 points due to that repeated horrible decision.

Mark Sanchez: I think we can finally end the debate on him rescuing anything. As I said earlier this year he sucks and last night he proved it. The misses he had last night were just bad. I mean college wide open receivers. The 2 interceptions he threw were just horrible throws. It is time for him to go back on the bench.

Shady McCoy: When he is decisive with his runs he is very , very good. When he starts his dancing with the stars auditions he puts the offense in big holes. His elusiveness can be an asset but it can be a liability too. I think he needs to decide faster what it is he is going to do.

As I said at the start of the season I do not feel this is a team capable of contending for a Superbowl We have too many glaring holes in the secondary. In the playoffs good teams are going to eat us alive. I think Maclin is having a great year but we still do not have that receiver that forces teams to be honest. The upcoming draft will speak volumes on the direction this team is heading.

Andy Reid was 17-12 vs Dallas......pretty damn good record.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip has to be on his A game for this upcoming draft. Just my opinion here but Id start thinking about cutting aging vets like Trent Cole to start with. We already know Williams, Fletcher will be history, as should Huff. Id draft heavy on the defense, in particular, our secondary. Mid rounds Id look for an ILB, possibly a speedy WR. Id hold off on a qb in this draft and draft one in 2016 draft. It wouldny hurt to get another pass rusher to replace Cole.

On a sidenote: If the Eagles move up in the first round for any position, it should only be for Cooper ( the dude is a Randy Moss clone). He will be drafted 1st overall however in my opinion.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kumquat, one of our two teams is not going to make the playoffs at all. That's probably going to be Philly now, barring a Dallas collapse. The chance of both teams making it now seems very remote due to the way the tie-breakers are going to decide things.

In terms of some of the points made above, no doubt the decision to pass on Darqueze Dennard looks bad now. They had a chance to draft a solid corner and went for the boom or bust OLB and it looks like a possible bust.

But I think another big issue is that we suffered some crucial injuries that have hurt this team in key spots. Every team has injuries, but the Eagles lost their QB, their inside LB who called defensive plays, and a veteran right guard who they have struggled to replace.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My observation. The defense was on the field for 42 minutes. It is not all on them. They do get tired you know! Sanchez had several open receivers and did not see them and/or threw to the one in tight coverage. We need to control the time of possession better. Sproles is not used enough.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid was 17-12 vs Dallas......pretty damn good record.

Not going to dispute that. He did good especially early on when the Cowboys really sucked but if we are going to be honest about it you have to admit that his last few years here the Cowboys owned him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice song for you Eagles fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my observation from last night game is that this team ain't shit. i blame Chip and the entire coaching staff....more so than the players. If Chip doesn't change his philosophy a little, his stubbornness will continue for another 10 years or until he quits and leaves.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QBs & secondary are shit. The current regime picked them save Foles/Allen. Obviously some bad choices..no doubt about it.

They'll have no choice but to address the big problem areas...lets hope they do it well.