• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Pre Game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood.

What do you think harris is thinking at this point?
Do you think he has someone picked out already?

I personally think harris thinks we can do better than Rivera, especially on the GM front.

Harris firing doc rivers or at least signing off on it was surprising. Rivers is a good coach.

Gruden did oversee the drafting of our current core: TMac, Allen, Payne, and sweat

I think Harris is going to wait until the season is over to evaluate. No, I don't think Harris has someone picked out already. Sure, Harris might want to do his own thing and put his stamp on his team. That could happen, especially if we have a bad year. Im saying if we win it's a different story. He might let RR stay as coach but take away his GM duties. I dont think basketball relates to football.

Gruden did not pick the players in the draft with Danny and Bruce there. We know that RR made the final say when it came to the draft. RR has way more power than what Gruden had.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harris is going to wait until the season is over to evaluate. No, I don't think Harris has someone picked out already. Sure, Harris might want to do his own thing and put his stamp on his team. That could happen, especially if we have a bad year. Im saying if we win it's a different story. He might let RR stay as coach but take away his GM duties. I dont think basketball relates to football.

Gruden did not pick the players in the draft with Danny and Bruce there. We know that RR made the final say when it came to the draft. RR has way more power than what Gruden had.
That is true. You are leaving out Kyle smith as well. The draft was probably a combo of Allen, Smith, Danny, and gruden.

That is why I respect gruden so much. He experienced early success in spite of Danny mingling in all affairs. Especially the Haskins pick where danny over rode the entire room per Kyle Smith.

Gruden never brought in a good defensive coach and played nepotism. That was his undoing. Gruden got 2 winning seasons when compared to Rivera who has none.

You are right that the NBA is different than the nfl. But you missed the point. Harris is not afraid to remove a coach who had a winning season. If harris is fine with removing doc rivers who has been highly successful for multiple teams, he will not hesitate to remove rivera who has struggled with 2 different teams. One of which, he has had total control and still not won. If gruden succeeded with limited support, Rivera has no excuses when he has had total control

I highly doubt rivera will sign off on a demotion. One question to ask is: if Rivera is fired at the end of the year, will just 1 team want to hire him as a GM/head coach? I cannot name one. I don't speak for the board so who knows what they think.

I respect your opinion and don't want to waste time bashing Rivera as it is not productive to the board. I am out and have a great weekend.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. You are leaving out Kyle smith as well. The draft was probably a combo of Allen, Smith, Danny, and gruden.

That is why I respect gruden so much. He experienced early success in spite of Danny mingling in all affairs. Especially the Haskins pick where danny over rode the entire room per Kyle Smith.

Gruden never brought in a good defensive coach and played nepotism. That was his undoing. Gruden got 2 winning seasons when compared to Rivera who has none.

You are right that the NBA is different than the nfl. But you missed the point. Harris is not afraid to remove a coach who had a winning season. If harris is fine with removing doc rivers who has been highly successful for multiple teams, he will not hesitate to remove rivera who has struggled with 2 different teams. One of which, he has had total control and still not won. If gruden succeeded with limited support, Rivera has no excuses when he has had total control

I highly doubt rivera will sign off on a demotion. One question to ask is: if Rivera is fired at the end of the year, will just 1 team want to hire him as a GM/head coach? I cannot name one. I don't speak for the board so who knows what they think.

I respect your opinion and don't want to waste time bashing Rivera as it is not productive to the board. I am out and have a great weekend.

When Gruden succeeded b/c he had stable QB play in KC and KC never got hurt when Gruden was winning. That was huge. RR doesn't have that in a QB right now and he never had that in his years here. If some other team hires RR if he is fired probably as a HC, not GM.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gruden succeeded b/c he had stable QB play in KC and KC never got hurt when Gruden was winning. That was huge. RR doesn't have that in a QB right now and he never had that in his years here. If some other team hires RR if he is fired probably as a HC, not GM.
Well, some of that is on Rivera though.
Fitzpatrick was in his upper 30s and that in and of itself increases the probability of injury risk.

I think our record would have been worse if wentz didn't get hurt. The fact that rivera gave up so much and Wentz is out of the league now speaks volumes.

One last question is do we trust Rivera with 80 million in cap space and to sign free agents and resign our own?

Do we trust Rivera to make a decision on howell and if we should pursue a qb in the 2024 draft?

Do we trust Rivera to fix the OLine and to not simply fortify the defense again?

I am sure there are folks on both sides of then isle. I personally do not trust Rivera, Mayhew or hurney with the cap space or to make free agent decisions. I want someone who has experience with a winning organization to make those decisions. I am not the smartest one in the road, but that is how I see it.

The fact that you said that no other team would hire Rivera as a GM proves my point. Reminds me of Wentz situation. If we are the only one doing something, something is wrong.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you ran KC out of town ( proverbialLY ) . You can’t subsidize mediocre teams

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friendly reminder, the goal every year remains being the last team standing and hoisting that Lombardi. Mediocre coaches generally aren’t among those with the skillset to advance their teams to consistent playoff runs or SB victories. That said, we've had coaches come and go, some I thought were ok, others no so much. Rivera is among a dying breed of defensive coaches still holding on to a head coaching job and if not for utter desperation would not have that title anywhere else in the league. To me if Rivera somehow led this team to an undefeated season, with a margin of victory at 20+ points per game, resulting in a blowout SB win, I would fire him right after that. Why? Because his history tells me that all of it would be an aberration. (See 2015-16 season)

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friendly reminder, the goal every year remains being the last team standing and hoisting that Lombardi. Mediocre coaches generally aren’t among those with the skillset to advance their teams to consistent playoff runs or SB victories. That said, we've had coaches come and go, some I thought were ok, others no so much. Rivera is among a dying breed of defensive coaches still holding on to a head coaching job and if not for utter desperation would not have that title anywhere else in the league. To me if Rivera somehow led this team to an undefeated season, with a margin of victory at 20+ points per game, resulting in a blowout SB win, I would fire him right after that. Why? Because his history tells me that all of it would be an aberration. (See 2015-16 season)
Perfectly put. Thank you.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you ran KC out of town ( proverbialLY ) . You can’t subsidize mediocre teams

we had a shot to trade him which you denied and we didn't do it

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had a shot to trade him which you denied and we didn't do it
That is according to Kyle Shanahan and has not been conformed by another source.

It was never a realistic trade offer because synder was not going to do business with the 49ers.
They could have offered 3 1st round picks and it would not have happened.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is according to Kyle Shanahan and has not been conformed by another source.

It was never a realistic trade offer because synder was not going to do business with the 49ers.
They could have offered 3 1st round picks and it would not have happened.

Gruden confirmed the trade offer. You are right Synder/Allen wasn't trading KC to the 49ers but there was an opportunity to do so. Kyle would have gave up alot of picks to get him.

Enough of this nonsense. We are in the Philly game.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And threw two TD passes. I admit he didn't have a great game but number 20 all time in TD passes does not suck.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a time for a 30 yard punt.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many Issues Oline is Horrible no RB and the Linebackers suck and Forbes is not what he was made out to be