• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations Eagles/Girls game

DJ4040

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I will definitely eat my prediction as I felt we wouldn't win this game. After watching the way the Packers kept us off of Rodgers, I felt the same thing was going to happen all over again and our secondary would be roasted by Romo and company.

I don't want to get to high on things right now, but I will say that when this team is on their game they can beat just about anyone. It's a beautiful thing when the lines play well and both basically manhandled the cowboys lines which hasn't really been done by anyone else this season.

As I've said before, I really like Sanchez and believe he can run this offense efficiently enough to make a run. I know many still believe Foles is the guy, but he just doesn't give you the one facet that Sanchez (or another slightly mobile QB) gives you; occasional runs for 5 yards or so. I definitely don't believe in running QB's, but I do like mobile QB's that can get you those yards if they need to or can stay alive in the pocket. With this offense, having a 3 option QB is huge.

It's great to see that our front 7 has the ability to really make an impact. I was high on them to start, but my confidence in them definitely took a hit after watching them in Green Bay. If they continue to get that kind of push up front and the LB's (Matthews included...incredible) keep playing at a high level, our secondary will be asked to do much less which will ultimately result in more wins.

It's going to be a tough go the next 2 games despite how bad we beat the Cowboys. I expect both teams to come in hitting on all cylinders and we will definitely need our A games. Seattle looks like they've returned to championship form after a slow start and the Cowboys will be coming in much more rested and motivated.

This is one of those years where I'm really thankful to have season tickets. These next two weeks are all you can ask for when it comes to serious football.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think they will drop Cooper due to the cap hit.

I saw the Chiefs demolish the Patriots and the Packers demolish us. I take little from this game but will take a lot from the next two.

Very true. Birds got owned by the Packers. It was an embarrassment, to see such a butt whopping.

Beating Seattle, and beating Dallas again will make me feel much more confident in this team. We should make the playoffs and possibly win one game. If so this season will be a successful one.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a mobile QB opens up Chip's playbook to so many more plays that require rollouts and throws on the run. With Foles you are a bit handcuffed as some of these plays we are running with Sanchez simply can't be called with an immobile QB like Foles. I think Kelly can adjust to any QB he has, but to fully run his playbook I think he has to have that mobile QB. Is Sanchez the answer? I think he can work for now, but he can be improved upon ... especially when it comes to the deep ball. I'm not sure where Foles fits into all of this, he had a chance to take the job for good despite his lack of mobility, but didn't. Plus he fell into some bad habits and with Sanchez not looking like any kind of downgrade from him it doesn't help his cause moving forward.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a mobile QB opens up Chip's playbook to so many more plays that require rollouts and throws on the run. With Foles you are a bit handcuffed as some of these plays we are running with Sanchez simply can't be called with an immobile QB like Foles. I think Kelly can adjust to any QB he has, but to fully run his playbook I think he has to have that mobile QB. Is Sanchez the answer? I think he can work for now, but he can be improved upon ... especially when it comes to the deep ball. I'm not sure where Foles fits into all of this, he had a chance to take the job for good despite his lack of mobility, but didn't. Plus he fell into some bad habits and with Sanchez not looking like any kind of downgrade from him it doesn't help his cause moving forward.

:agree: That's why I think Chip goes QB in the draft, and after Mariota and Winston, Hundley appears to be the next guy up who is mobile. He is a raw passer, but I think chip can teach him.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Chip feels he has to have a QB. Remember that he does have his guy that he drafted last year and is developing (Barkley). This team will be looking for defense, mainly corners in the draft.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am absolutely NOT a Hundley fan. He hasn't impressed me at all in the games I have seen.

This offense looks to me like something we could let Sanchez run for another year. Draft a mid round kid with all kinds of athleticism but from a smaller school and coach him up for a year.

This team needs to find some better CBs real bad.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Locker would be another good free agent project guy for Chip next year.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Way in hell are we going QB in the draft....Do you people have any idea what Sanchez and Foles Records are as starters for the Eagles??? Why the Fuck would Chip need to draft a QB high? Why would he give up a bunch of draft picks for that? What he needs to do is solidify his offensive line and get himself some studs on his defense, Sanchez or Foles can run Chips system to put up the points! We get some studs on defense and this team will be lethal!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am absolutely NOT a Hundley fan. He hasn't impressed me at all in the games I have seen.

This offense looks to me like something we could let Sanchez run for another year. Draft a mid round kid with all kinds of athleticism but from a smaller school and coach him up for a year.

This team needs to find some better CBs real bad.
I agree, I think Hundley blows!!!:agree:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Way in hell are we going QB in the draft....Do you people have any idea what Sanchez and Foles Records are as starters for the Eagles??? Why the Fuck would Chip need to draft a QB high? Why would he give up a bunch of draft picks for that? What he needs to do is solidify his offensive line and get himself some studs on his defense, Sanchez or Foles can run Chips system to put up the points! We get some studs on defense and this team will be lethal!

I agree in fact it would not surprise me if both Qb's are back next year. Sanchez could be franchised and Foles is still on his rookie contract.

People dont' realize how many free agents or potential free agents this team has next year.

Maclin
Fletcher
Allen
Sanchez

All are starters. Plus Brandon Graham and Casey Mathews who have been key reserves are both free agents. There are a ton of guys who will be overpaid and possibly cut

Cary Williams
Trent Cole
Demeco Ryans
Todd Heremens

That is 8 starters plus part time starters in Graham and Mathews.

For the most part those positions don't have guys behind them that can step in. They are not going to let all of these guys go, and they are not going to fill all of these positions in free agency. The draft is going to have to come up big next year.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in fact it would not surprise me if both Qb's are back next year. Sanchez could be franchised and Foles is still on his rookie contract.

People dont' realize how many free agents or potential free agents this team has next year.

Maclin
Fletcher
Allen
Sanchez

All are starters. Plus Brandon Graham and Casey Mathews who have been key reserves are both free agents. There are a ton of guys who will be overpaid and possibly cut

Cary Williams
Trent Cole
Demeco Ryans
Todd Heremens

That is 8 starters plus part time starters in Graham and Mathews.

For the most part those positions don't have guys behind them that can step in. They are not going to let all of these guys go, and they are not going to fill all of these positions in free agency. The draft is going to have to come up big next year.

Fletcher and Allen need to go. I doubt if Williams, Herremans, or Ryan's is back.

Cole and Graham are role players here. I like them but I'm not breaking the bank for either one.

So I need to address the QB position and I think Parkey gets a nice bump.

I'm more concerned with finding some Starting caliber CBs. Not much in FA and draft picks are a crapshoot.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid road win after sad performances in Zona, SF and GB. Yeah they beat Indy, but for some ungodly reason, Indy was trying to establish a run game .... so I think THAT was the anomaly game.

Gotta be able to win on the road.... pressure was there w/Dallas battling for the Division. Birds tore 'em up. Excellent performance.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Chip feels he has to have a QB. Remember that he does have his guy that he drafted last year and is developing (Barkley). This team will be looking for defense, mainly corners in the draft.

I really hope this is the case.