• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations Eagles/Girls game

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total domination is the best way to put this one. The Eagles totally dominated a Cowgirls team that is clearly a one trick pony. If they can't run it doesn't open up their passing game and their offensive line is overrated.

1. Not sure why there was a penalty on the Harris hit to Nolan Carroll seemed like a clean hit to me. Overall I thought the officials let them play yesterday and didn't call the ticky tacky stuff, however they did miss some pretty obvious holding calls. They didn't effect the outcome of the game

2. Welcome back Shady except for a couple of runs he was decisive, he was fast hitting the hole and he trusted his blockers.

3. Where are the tight ends in this offense? Start finding the tight ends more and the red zone issues will start to dissipate.

4. Fletcher Cox was a beast yesterday, so was Ced Thorton. Great game by both.

5. Don't look now but Casey Mathews is playing pretty well at middle linebacker he is not Ryans in there but he is a solid replacement

6. Jordan Mathews could lead all rookie receivers in TDs by the end of this year, he most likely is going to eclipse double figures in TD's

7. Riley Coopers days are numbered, might not happen till the end of the year but I see him gone at the end of the year. Huff will be starting along side the newly resigned Maclin in 2015.

8. I thought the game plan with Sanchez was excellent yesterday, he shouldn't throw more than 30 times a game it will limit his turnovers. He really played well, the throw to Mathews for the TD was something that Foles couldn't do throwing cross his body like that.

9. Nate Allen had a great game, yes the same Nate Allen who cost us the Zona game had an INT and fumble recovery, had another Int called back on a penalty and was all over the field.

10. Cody Parkey continues to impress me as does the rest of the special teams.

11. One other thing, if I am a team playing the Eagles in the playoffs I would lookout for Darrin Sproles they are keeping him fresh for a reason.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only observation from yesterdays game is the birds look real good when they don't turn the ball over. this game don't mean sht if they lose the next 2. So build on this momentum and grab that home field.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before the game, but I thought the Giants kind of exposed the Dallas defense. Then we went in and took them apart. Dallas is in trouble on that side of the ball. They were running more than I think they would have wanted against us, just to keep their defense off the field, even though you could see that the pass game was likely to be a better way to attack our defense.

The Eagles are in no way running away with the division yet though.

Seattle looks very tough and I think that is going to be a strong test next week. If they lose that game and Dallas beats Chicago, which is likely, we will be tied going into the next game against Dallas with everything on the line once more.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just amazed at how well this offense runs when the QB is even a little bit mobile. When Sanchez rolled out, he had all day to throw and clear lanes. Any NFL arm is going to kill you if there is no pressure and no visual obstructions.

As good as Sanchez looked yesterday, I'm intrigued by the thought of a young QB who can run.

Maclin needs to get paid. He consistently does everything. Goes long, across the middle, anything.

Parkey has been a huge addition. Can't overstate his value. He needs a paycheck soon.

The first guy never gets Sproles. He is being used perfectly.

McCoy ran hard yesterday. Give him credit.

Just move Cooper down to #4 WR and give Huff and Matthews more PT.

Cox is so fast for such a big guy. Great game.

Kendrick's is officially my favorite Eagle and my next jersey purchase.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points Taz, except that I agreed with the refs that Harris' hit on Carroll was unnecessary roughness.
I think that Huff replaces Cooper next year (they just about have to keep Coop due to the cap hit, and the Birds don't do that). Maybe Andy trades a late pick for him? Regarding Huff, I think chip wants to keep Matthews in the slot because of the mismatches he creates against smaller DB's. All in all, it was a fantastic game for the Birds, even though the O left a lot of points on the field. Next game v.s the girls will be a war, and I predict a high scoring shootout.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just amazed at how well this offense runs when the QB is even a little bit mobile. When Sanchez rolled out, he had all day to throw and clear lanes. Any NFL arm is going to kill you if there is no pressure and no visual obstructions.

As good as Sanchez looked yesterday, I'm intrigued by the thought of a young QB who can run.

Maclin needs to get paid. He consistently does everything. Goes long, across the middle, anything.

Parkey has been a huge addition. Can't overstate his value. He needs a paycheck soon.

Imagine Mariota running this offense.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by the D. I watched the game in bits and pieces with a houseful of people, so I will watch the replay later today to watch all the plays I missed. In Chip Kelly I believe ... I think we are extremely lucky to have him in the fold. I do think having a QB who can get out of the pocket and throw on the run makes a world of difference in his offense. I don't think we need a QB who necessarily runs for 40 yards per game ... but one who can roll out and move well. To me Chip can make just about any QB look better in his system ... and I know we only have a two player sampling, but Sanchez looked like garbage before coming here and now he looks like a solid starter. And I think it's more the system than Sanchez; put Sanchez in Washington, New York (Giants) or any other traditional scheme and he's probably nowhere near as successful. That's why I wouldn't mind going after RG111 if he's released or able to be had for a 6th or 7th rounder, I think Chip would be able to mold him back into a "weapon" with easy throws and roll outs. Our front 7 was great yesterday, we need to spend this off season improving that 2ndary to compliment their play ... Conner Barwin in particular has been our defensive MVP, the dude's been an animal.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cunningham, McNabb, and Vick were all QB's who could run. How many Super Bowls did they win?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, Shady needs to buy Evan Mathis a good XMas gift ... ever since he came back Shady seems to have gotten off the schnide'.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line has come together. Gardner at RG helped a lot too.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunningham, McNabb, and Vick were all QB's who could run. How many Super Bowls did they win?

Did you read what you quoted? Did any of them run a Chip Kelly offense?

Come on now, you can do better than that.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read what you quoted? Did any of them run a Chip Kelly offense?

Come on now, you can do better than that.

I am sick and tired of people who CONTINUE to want running QB's when they have done nothing but fail.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A running QB and a QB who can run are 2 vastly different things. I don't think anyone here wants a Vick but would be over the moon with a Wilson.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A running QB and a QB who can run are 2 vastly different things. I don't think anyone here wants a Vick but would be over the moon with a Wilson.

Absolutely true...

I would say McNabb was never a running QB like Vick or RG III.

Yup... apart from the fact that Andy never ever surrounded McNabb with true weapons for the game-plan he ran, with the exception of one season (Owens). It is an indictment (and a testament to McNabb) that the 2nd and 3rd best WR's here during his prime years are James Thrash and Kevin Curtis.

O yeah, and McNabb might well have been the victim of the Cheatriots during the Super Bowl...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't believe we got our ass's handed to us the way it did. Good game with a good game plan. Our O was down 14 with in the what, first 5 minutes of the game? Our D was clearly out matched with Rolondo looking lost as hell. Same with our corners.

Good game, tip my hat blah blah blah, see ya in a couple weeks!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, Shady needs to buy Evan Mathis a good XMas gift ... ever since he came back Shady seems to have gotten off the schnide'.

Did you mean Christmas, Rey? :)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't believe we got our ass's handed to us the way it did. Good game with a good game plan. Our O was down 14 with in the what, first 5 minutes of the game? Our D was clearly out matched with Rolondo looking lost as hell. Same with our corners.

Good game, tip my hat blah blah blah, see ya in a couple weeks!

You might lose by 30+ points then. We left at least 2 TD's on the field yesterday.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Chiefs demolish the Patriots and the Packers demolish us. I take little from this game but will take a lot from the next two.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sick and tired of people who CONTINUE to want running QB's when they have done nothing but fail.

Deano said, "when the QB is even a little bit mobile". A mobile quarterback and a 'rushing quarterback' aren't even close to being the same thing. But we get it--you don't want a QB who is looking to out-rush the runningback. :peace:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The features that Chip wants is one who is able to read defenses quickly, scan the field for open receivers, deliver the ball accurately and quickly, and avoid the rush, all in about 3 seconds. In other words, someone who resembles Rogers, Manning, Brady, or Luck. If a clone of either of these becomes available - that's when Chip would trade up for. Not asking for too much, right? :)