• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OBJ Trade

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Redskins should trade their second rounder this season, their second next season, and their first in 2020 for OBJ. He is on record pace and can make Alex Smith the man.

THen, they should trade their first this season, their first in 2019, and their fourth, fifth, and sixth this season to move up and get Barkley from the Broncos at five....championship.
That's just silly considering we could have gotten both Barkley and Beckham for Cravens and a 2nd rounder.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Redskins should trade their second rounder this season, their second next season, and their first in 2020 for OBJ. He is on record pace and can make Alex Smith the man.

THen, they should trade their first this season, their first in 2019, and their fourth, fifth, and sixth this season to move up and get Barkley from the Broncos at five....championship.

Then you should but the crack pipe down and call it a day. Adding OBJ and Barkley does nothing to stop the run or pass. So we can score 30 but give up 40 means we still suck. Skins need pieces on both sides of the ball. I know you are joking about the trades but people think we are 1 stud player away from making the championship when we aren’t 5 stud players away from the playoffs. This team has major health concerns and our training/medical staff isn’t stopping the bleeding. We give up Cousins for a older QB. We also lose a young talented and cheap corner which is hard to come by and now we lose Cravens oh never mind who gives a fuck. IF we add a NT, RB, LB, CB, S in the draft we still would need them to contribute and for our Veterans to stay healthy which had been a huge task. Sorry for the rant just frustrated at being a Skins fan in Texas.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you should but the crack pipe down and call it a day. Adding OBJ and Barkley does nothing to stop the run or pass. So we can score 30 but give up 40 means we still suck. Skins need pieces on both sides of the ball. I know you are joking about the trades but people think we are 1 stud player away from making the championship when we aren’t 5 stud players away from the playoffs. This team has major health concerns and our training/medical staff isn’t stopping the bleeding. We give up Cousins for a older QB. We also lose a young talented and cheap corner which is hard to come by and now we lose Cravens oh never mind who gives a fuck. IF we add a NT, RB, LB, CB, S in the draft we still would need them to contribute and for our Veterans to stay healthy which had been a huge task. Sorry for the rant just frustrated at being a Skins fan in Texas.

Do you really think we would score that much with OBJ and Barkley? I think we may score about what we did in 2015 and 2016. We won’t score too much because of Captain Conservative.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think we would score that much with OBJ and Barkley? I think we may score about what we did in 2015 and 2016. We won’t score too much because of Captain Conservative.

It was a example not a prediction

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be a lot of fun to watch, just not the first time done in our team's history. Look at the '61 through '67 seasons, Sonny and the boys certainly could move the ball and score, De fence (sp) was something that had a gate attached to it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should offer 5 1st rounders for him

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like dez is out in Dallas after the draft if It was the skins i would get him

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like dez is out in Dallas after the draft if It was the skins i would get him
Only if he's willing to play for chump change, and there's probably no way he's willing to play for chump change.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I dislike Smith, yea. Thats a loooot of talent and those are two players who you can easily get the ball to and once they have it they can score from anywhere at any time.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we offer Doctson for OBJ and the #2 pick, I think that would be a solid deal.

#FeelingMyInnerDean

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins can't afford to pay OBJ - even if we ignore what it would take to trade for him. Zero chance he's coming here.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins can't afford to pay OBJ - even if we ignore what it would take to trade for him. Zero chance he's coming here.

I find that hard to believe. We seem to have some cap room still and contracts can be wiggled around. Thats an @Sharkinva question though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that hard to believe. We seem to have some cap room still and contracts can be wiggled around. Thats an @Sharkinva question though.

Yea its doable, if we gave him a 5 year Extension, $25M signing Bonus and $35M in total guarantees.

Would make him the highest paid WR in the league, but with cap hits of $8M $13M and $14M in the first three years

Question is, does an $80M WR make us Super Bowl contenders within the next three years?? Because thats what this would be, a win it all within three years kind of move.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea its doable, if we gave him a 5 year Extension, $25M signing Bonus and $35M in total guarantees.

Would make him the highest paid WR in the league, but with cap hits of $8M $13M and $14M in the first three years

Question is, does an $80M WR make us Super Bowl contenders within the next three years?? Because thats what this would be, a win it all within three years kind of move.

Hes young. A dominant WR for the next 8 years seems like a good move to me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mind you that was just me playing with numbers to see IF we could fit it under the cap at all.

Something tells me he might cost a bit more, and Mara would want both Nuts, some ones first born (preferably virgin, female) and this years and next years first to even consider the trade. And there would need to be a clause in the trade that OBJ could not play in any games against the Giants for the first three years of the trade.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mind you that was just me playing with numbers to see IF we could fit it under the cap at all.

Something tells me he might cost a bit more, and Mara would want both Nuts, some ones first born (preferably virgin, female) and this years and next years first to even consider the trade. And there would need to be a trade in the clause that OBJ could not play in any games against the Giants for the first three years of the trade.

Lol true. Im certainly not expecting any deal to get done and if it does it certainly wont be with us. Just something fun to think about.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you do things like that, you're robbing Peter to pay Paul, and we saw that for years with this team.

Correct me if I'm wrong with this, because it's very confusing, but using the numbers here Washington Redskins 2018 Salary Cap the Skins currently have $17,462,852 of cap room. The cap is 178,684,362. That minus their top 51 salaries (159,688,430) and minus their dead cap room (1,533,080 - which we should make a high priority to keep low in future years...) equals the cap room of 17.4. But... when they pay their draft picks, the top 51 salaries increases, because their high picks get considerably more than the minimum salaries that are included in the top 51, so that 17 million is going to decrease particularly when the first 2 picks sign.

Also, and this part I'm not sure of - so please correct me if I'm wrong: when players go on IR, don't they still count against the cap, or is it still just the top 51. I think each team needs to keep a reserve to take care of injuries, so you can't really use up your entire cap before the season starts. And hopefully the Skins are still looking for a run-stuffing nose-tackle in free agency. When you factor in the 3 factors I mentioned, I'm not seeing how we can reasonably afford to take on maybe the highest paid WR in football - not just this year but future years.

So, again please let me know if you disagree with me on those 3 factors:

1. The cost of getting a quality nose-tackle in free agency,
2. The added cost against the cap of the top 51 once we sign our draft picks,
3. A reserve for injuries and if the folks on IR count against the cap and increase the 51 to 51 plus the number of people on IR.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you do things like that, you're robbing Peter to pay Paul, and we saw that for years with this team.

Correct me if I'm wrong with this, because it's very confusing, but using the numbers here Washington Redskins 2018 Salary Cap the Skins currently have $17,462,852 of cap room. The cap is 178,684,362. That minus their top 51 salaries (159,688,430) and minus their dead cap room (1,533,080 - which we should make a high priority to keep low in future years...) equals the cap room of 17.4. But... when they pay their draft picks, the top 51 salaries increases, because their high picks get considerably more than the minimum salaries that are included in the top 51, so that 17 million is going to decrease particularly when the first 2 picks sign.

Also, and this part I'm not sure of - so please correct me if I'm wrong: when players go on IR, don't they still count against the cap, or is it still just the top 51. I think each team needs to keep a reserve to take care of injuries, so you can't really use up your entire cap before the season starts. And hopefully the Skins are still looking for a run-stuffing nose-tackle in free agency. When you factor in the 3 factors I mentioned, I'm not seeing how we can reasonably afford to take on maybe the highest paid WR in football - not just this year but future years.

3. A reserve for injuries and if the folks on IR count against the cap and increase the 51 to 51 plus the number of people on IR.

Getting him wouldnt be easy or cheap in any way shape or form.

But with the way the cap is setup now, its not impossible from a cap standpoint. But if we got him and didnt win a Super Bowl within the next three seasons, it would not look good.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of...except that in this case, "Paul" is a 24 year old star player at an important position of need. Trent Williams is the only player we've had in the last 10 years who comes any where close to OBJ's talent level. This isnt throwing money at a big name vet on the downslope of a long career or a one hit wonder hitting FA.

Yes wed have to spend some of our money on draft picks. But any hypothetical trade would include our 1st rounder. Take my example of #13 and Doctson. Thats 2.7 out the door for Doctson, plus savings on not having to pay the 1st rounder. OBJ only costs 8.5 million so that easily fits.

Now of course he would cost more after this year, but again there should be plenty of room to make it work and more importantly, hes a really good player. Paying big money to really good players isnt something Id shy away from. At some point you need to do that if you want a good team.

Generally, I do agree it puts us in a tight spot with some things. Finding a DT is more of a problem. Cap space moving forward will be tighter. Wed have to sacrifice legit assets. But...I think hed be worth it (in this fictional universe where this isnt just a hypothetical lol). They key I think is that he's still young. We can keep building with him. It doesnt have to be an all in for a SB kind of move.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of...except that in this case, "Paul" is a 24 year old star player at an important position of need. Trent Williams is the only player we've had in the last 10 years who comes any where close to OBJ's talent level. This isnt throwing money at a big name vet on the downslope of a long career or a one hit wonder hitting FA.

Yes wed have to spend some of our money on draft picks. But any hypothetical trade would include our 1st rounder. Take my example of #13 and Doctson. Thats 2.7 out the door for Doctson, plus savings on not having to pay the 1st rounder. OBJ only costs 8.5 million so that easily fits.

Now of course he would cost more after this year, but again there should be plenty of room to make it work and more importantly, hes a really good player. Paying big money to really good players isnt something Id shy away from. At some point you need to do that if you want a good team.

Generally, I do agree it puts us in a tight spot with some things. Finding a DT is more of a problem. Cap space moving forward will be tighter. Wed have to sacrifice legit assets. But...I think hed be worth it (in this fictional universe where this isnt just a hypothetical lol). They key I think is that he's still young. We can keep building with him. It doesnt have to be an all in for a SB kind of move.
Good point about not having to pay for the picks we trade. :) Problem is we really need to use those high picks and take advantage of the rookie contracts. Agreed that it is possible to trade for him. I just don't think a good organization wins that way. Also, I wouldn't bet on his character.