• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ny jet thread..should there be one?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody called me a loon for saying Mike White should start over wilson in the beginning of the season. Just think where the Jets would be if he started right at the first game

Happy to see zach benched hope wilson starts the remainder of the season.
Zach was hurt for the 1st 4 games so there was no way he was starting. I would have preferred White over Flacco but White was awful in the pre-season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody called me a loon for saying Mike White should start over wilson in the beginning of the season. Just think where the Jets would be if he started right at the first game

Happy to see zach benched hope WHITE starts the remainder of the season.

FIFY...

I was probably one that would have called you crazy... The job was Wilson's until he lost it... I still think the timing sucked to give up on Wilson... But now that the change is made, i agree WILSON NEEDS to stay on the bench for the rest of the season NO MATTER WHAT... even if WHite gets hurt, then it should be flacco time again...

The reason i didnt want the switch is because i dont like playing games with my QBs... and you know now every week there will be the question WHEN WILL WILSON COME BACK?? or if he will...

If you want him to learn, then let him learn... I wouldnt even be opposed to releasing him at this point, but that is a little extreme with 2+ years left on his contract...

But if i was Saleh, i would have already said White is the QB next week and for the forseeable future...

If you hear anything like Wilson is a threat to take back his role this season, then the move was a failure IMO....

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach was hurt for the 1st 4 games so there was no way he was starting. I would have preferred White over Flacco but White was awful in the pre-season.
white had a good preseason better than flacco.....he was moving the team downfield

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY...

I was probably one that would have called you crazy... The job was Wilson's until he lost it... I still think the timing sucked to give up on Wilson... But now that the change is made, i agree WILSON NEEDS to stay on the bench for the rest of the season NO MATTER WHAT... even if WHite gets hurt, then it should be flacco time again...

The reason i didnt want the switch is because i dont like playing games with my QBs... and you know now every week there will be the question WHEN WILL WILSON COME BACK?? or if he will...

If you want him to learn, then let him learn... I wouldnt even be opposed to releasing him at this point, but that is a little extreme with 2+ years left on his contract...

But if i was Saleh, i would have already said White is the QB next week and for the forseeable future...

If you hear anything like Wilson is a threat to take back his role this season, then the move was a failure IMO....
Wilson is pretty much the same scenario as sanchez and Darnold....big contract coming into the league with no real production.......now he is exposed on where his real value is but yes I would still trade him

Last edited:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, White had a pretty good game Sunday, but the Bears are near the bottom of the league in terms of scoring defense, middle of the pack in passing yards allowed, and 30th in rush yards allowed. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Saleh said Zach was just "getting a reset" and would "start when he's ready again"

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Saleh said Zach was just "getting a reset" and would "start when he's ready again"

And this is the games that I hate. You benched him right before the easiest matchup of his season. White plays great. But again easy matchup.

The worst thing for the jets and for either qb is a qb competition right now. And even worse is the press constantly trying to create one. If you benched Wilson because he was too imature then what message are you giving him when the press wants to create controversy.

Just make the announcement that Wilson is out for the season. Would make everything better and smoother. And give white the confidence he needs with nobody looking over his shoulder

Maybe reevaluate in the playoffs.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the games that I hate. You benched him right before the easiest matchup of his season. White plays great. But again easy matchup.

The worst thing for the jets and for either qb is a qb competition right now. And even worse is the press constantly trying to create one. If you benched Wilson because he was too imature then what message are you giving him when the press wants to create controversy.

Just make the announcement that Wilson is out for the season. Would make everything better and smoother. And give white the confidence he needs with nobody looking over his shoulder

Maybe reevaluate in the playoffs.
I'm with you @MilkSpiller22 on the game playing. Saleh needs to just stand up at the podium and say "Mike White will start the rest of the season with Joe Flacco as back-up". Then let the chips fall where they may. The team is ahead of schedule being in contention for a WC spot but not a real threat in the AFC to the Chiefs, Bengals, etc. yet and Wilson obviously just doesn't give them anything even when they win games. Let White actually show what he's got without the stupid distraction. Zach Wilson was a mistake. Live with it as an organization and move on.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no game playing, Mike White is the QB until he loses the job. It's not just about the play on the field (it mostly is), it's also about that locker room. You cannot lose that room by throwing Zach back in without a really good reason.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no game playing, Mike White is the QB until he loses the job. It's not just about the play on the field (it mostly is), it's also about that locker room. You cannot lose that room by throwing Zach back in without a really good reason.

maybe there is no game playing behind the scenes.. but by saying that Wilson may start again this season, you are opening up a whole case of worms.

the press is going to constantly ask about who will be QB... was White even announced to be starter this week??

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White shined against the Bears. No way they want to commit publicly to him without a bigger sample size. No matter how it goes I have faith the jets will bungle it in some way.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well.
We earned that loss!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, when you miss the playoffs despite one of the best rosters in football, you know your QB situation is trash. We're now back to the Rex Ryan years for the Jets. Good and bad.