• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now Trent

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they lost more bargaining position, as the article suggests.

It isnt like everybody didnt already know TW wanted out.

its not a shocker.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent has 3 choices. Lower your demands, not going to get 20M. Play here under current contract. Stay home again and get paid nothing, will be offered even less next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent has 3 choices. Lower your demands, not going to get 20M. Play here under current contract. Stay home again and get paid nothing, will be offered even less next year.

By his agents demands, two of those options don't seem to be in play. He needs to lower his demands or be patient with the trade process. It seems there is no way he stays(obvious) and no way he sits out at this point.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By his agents demands, two of those options don't seem to be in play. He needs to lower his demands or be patient with the trade process. It seems there is no way he stays(obvious) and no way he sits out at this point.

Doesn’t matter what the hell his agent demands. He is under contract for another year. His agent can go kick rocks

Laconic37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the new CBA players have to show up to training camp or they are fined 40,000 a day and if he holds out for the year he will still be under contract because he wont get credit for playing.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the new CBA players have to show up to training camp or they are fined 40,000 a day and if he holds out for the year he will still be under contract because he wont get credit for playing.
Exactly, he has to come to the table at some point.

Laconic37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure though if the new CBA agreement would apply to Trent's current contract

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slay just went for a 3 and 5 to the Eagles. How are we getting a 2nd?
Stand their ground is the best way. The ball is in Trent's court. There's a reason why they are going public and that's to gain public support. They already had it because, you know, Bruce Allen was universally disliked.

Trent was given the opportunity to seek a trade but found no takers at his price and Washington's compensation demands. One of two things must happen. Trent will have to lower his demands or D.C. theirs. If Washington holds firm, and he wants to have some career left, then he must lower his price.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is asking 20M+ but I think he would lower that price for: frontloaded the contract + big guaranteed money and more years.
Also, the Browns only offered a 2nd last year multiple times and Skins turned them down.
I agree I don't think it should be anything less than a 2nd but with Trent asking for bigtime money and the clock ticking with his agent...they might have to settle for a 3rd and another pick of some sort. Just my thinking but even if they got a 2nd they would be settling for less...but imo a 2nd would be good for them.

Right now, I'm convinced that they should stand pat for that 2nd, if Trent has any hope of ever playing again then he knows what to do. ( lower his asking price)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no leverage. IF we don't take Cle third he might sit out the season again. With the draft loaded at OT we are going to have to settle for a 3rd.

We get a compensatory 3rd if he never plays again. Why settle for what we get anyway.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get a compensatory 3rd if he never plays again. Why settle for what we get anyway.

true but its a high 3rd round pick this year. The Jets balked at a 2nd round pick. But you are right TW has to come down from his 20m per season ask.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent is getting some seriously bad advice. Not only is he not going to get what he is demanding, but he has turned this thing around and now he is the bad guy. No way should we take anything less than a 2nd for him. Hold firm. Nothing is going to happen at this point. Wait until the preseason starts and injuries hit. There will be a few teams who lose their LT and become desperate for a replacement. We should be in no rush, time is running out on him, not the team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent is getting some seriously bad advice. Not only is he not going to get what he is demanding, but he has turned this thing around and now he is the bad guy. No way should we take anything less than a 2nd for him. Hold firm. Nothing is going to happen at this point. Wait until the preseason starts and injuries hit. There will be a few teams who lose their LT and become desperate for a replacement. We should be in no rush, time is running out on him, not the team.

Agree with everything except the "bad guy" remark.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything except the "bad guy" remark.
Oh, I think public sentiment on Trent has changed. In his original beef, many fans placed the blame on Allen. Now it seems that everyone is fed up with Trent and see him as the problem. I know i have changed my stance on the guy. Maybe bad isn't the right term. Malcontent?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I think public sentiment on Trent has changed. In his original beef, many fans placed the blame on Allen. Now it seems that everyone is fed up with Trent and see him as the problem. I know i have changed my stance on the guy. Maybe bad isn't the right term. Malcontent?

Agree or disagree Trent and his agent made a business decision. Like everyone finding employment in the NFL ( owners excepted) they are all independent agents, or better stated contract workers. Their allegiance is first and foremost to themselves and not the team. I know that people want to believe in the whole "all in" nonsense, but working well together has little or nothing to do with anything more than doing a job well with AND without allegiances.

Team content means player content, anything less and we get a Trent Williams, Dunbar, and/or protests when the league in effect says to its players, " we don't give a fuck about people and conditions where you come from, just support the issues and communities that we like and we're good."

To me, this is an issue of not knowing what to do from the Team perspective. Want to keep him, work it out, if he shows a reluctance to do that, make the business decision to go in another direction. All of that public opinion, good guy, bad guy stuff is just soap opera junk noise.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree or disagree Trent and his agent made a business decision. Like everyone finding employment in the NFL ( owners excepted) they are all independent agents, or better stated contract workers. Their allegiance is first and foremost to themselves and not the team. I know that people want to believe in the whole "all in" nonsense, but working well together has little or nothing to do with anything more than doing a job well with AND without allegiances.

Team content means player content, anything less and we get a Trent Williams, Dunbar, and/or protests when the league in effect says to its players, " we don't give a fuck about people and conditions where you come from, just support the issues and communities that we like and we're good."

To me, this is an issue of not knowing what to do from the Team perspective. Want to keep him, work it out, if he shows a reluctance to do that, make the business decision to go in another direction. All of that public opinion, good guy, bad guy stuff is just soap opera junk noise.
I don’t believe it’s that simple . I can buy most of this however when you say it’s about the medical staff and BA. And those issues are addressed and then flip to money after you say it isn’t the primary motive you look like your are not being forthright

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't that only if the Skins pay him while he's sitting? If Trent gets paid while sitting, isn't he winning?