• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now Trent

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't that only if the Skins pay him while he's sitting? If Trent gets paid while sitting, isn't he winning?
No it’s all about him becoming a FA . He would have to come in for 6 games to get an accrued season .if he doesn’t he isn’t free at all

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe it’s that simple . I can buy most of this however when you say it’s about the medical staff and BA. And those issues are addressed and then flip to money after you say it isn’t the primary motive you look like your are not being forthright

This is the timeline that I mentioned in another thread. How do we know that Trent and his agent hadn't decided that he would be a lower paid OT and were going to ask for that raise prior to the medical issue? Truth is... We don't! , but for their own purposes people want and NEED that drama. People won't admit to that of course, but the proof is in folks taking one side then the other, cursing and damning both along the way.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't that only if the Skins pay him while he's sitting? If Trent gets paid while sitting, isn't he winning?

Define "winning."

How do we know ( and I suspect) that soon after participating Williams won't get "injured" for the season. I'm pretty sure that there are exception lists that he's going to be placed on. The money is rather irrelevant because he's already under contract. All he has to do is report and pass a physical. That part is not in the team's control, whereas if he plays absolutely is.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the timeline that I mentioned in another thread. How do we know that Trent and his agent hadn't decided that he would be a lower paid OT and were going to ask for that raise prior to the medical issue? Truth is... We don't! , but for their own purposes people want and NEED that drama. People won't admit to that of course, but the proof is in folks taking one side then the other, cursing and damning both along the way.
I can only go by his public statements and those of his agent . If new information comes out then of course conclusions can change

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent is getting some seriously bad advice. Not only is he not going to get what he is demanding, but he has turned this thing around and now he is the bad guy. No way should we take anything less than a 2nd for him. Hold firm. Nothing is going to happen at this point. Wait until the preseason starts and injuries hit. There will be a few teams who lose their LT and become desperate for a replacement. We should be in no rush, time is running out on him, not the team.

I agree a 2nd is fair yet WAS was offered a 2nd over and over and they turned it down...maybe their goal is just as unrealistic as Trent's contract goals. They should have accepted the 2nd last year and this whole situation would be done, the longer this drags out the worse it is for both sides. I don't see them getting anything better than a 2nd and it seems like at this point I could see them getting a 3rd.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it a 3rd and Njoku and we can call it a day.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree a 2nd is fair yet WAS was offered a 2nd over and over and they turned it down...maybe their goal is just as unrealistic as Trent's contract goals. They should have accepted the 2nd last year and this whole situation would be done, the longer this drags out the worse it is for both sides. I don't see them getting anything better than a 2nd and it seems like at this point I could see them getting a 3rd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Washington's original position to seek a 1st? Now it's a 2nd, so they have moved from their original asking price.

They shouldn't have to drop their asking price to a level that they get in compensation. A 2nd is fair, they shouldn't budge.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the new browns guy likes two te sets, so Njoku is going nowhere.

No matter, apparently neither is Trent!

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it’s all about him becoming a FA . He would have to come in for 6 games to get an accrued season .if he doesn’t he isn’t free at all
Ok, it doesn't make sense to me - not sure how he can't be a free agent when he'll be unsigned - but I guess it is what it is. In any event, I doubt he'd end up playing, and I'd much rather trade him for a 2020 3rd now than pay him $12 mil for sitting and hoping we get a comp 2021 3rd.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it doesn't make sense to me - not sure how he can't be a free agent when he'll be unsigned - but I guess it is what it is. In any event, I doubt he'd end up playing, and I'd much rather trade him for a 2020 3rd now than pay him $12 mil for sitting and hoping we get a comp 2021 3rd.
I doubt he gets traded till after the draft to be honest

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he gets traded till after the draft to be honest
Yeah, I kinda doubt he ever gets traded. Hopefully I'm wrong. You guys don't know what it's like to be right all the time. :shrug:

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
due to new CBA it appears he can't sit out and report with 6 games left and get an accrued season. Also he gets fined 40k per day and the team is NOT allowed to waive the fines.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
due to new CBA it appears he can't sit out and report with 6 games left and get an accrued season. Also he gets fined 40k per day and the team is NOT allowed to waive the fines.
all the more reason for him to play ball in a trade or staying

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.

Reporting with six games left is a bush league move anyway.
Claiming that your boo-boo hurts so that you can't play after sitting out 10 games is even worse.

Somebody else posted how the tide of pubic opinion has turned against TW, and that could not be truer for me. BA was a greasy fuck who got exactly what was coming to him, BUT....

TW is doing himself zero favors. He is NOT going to get 20 million a year. He IS trying to revenge fuck the Redskins. He is engendering nothing but vitriol and malice from essentially a "new" team that bent over backwards to try to smooth things over for him (firing the training staff, firing the gm, head coach meeting with him to try to get him to come back, etc.)

This is ALL on him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trent thinks he is worth $20M per season, then that makes him one of the best LTs in the game. If true, then he needs to also understand that the team should be compensated as such. Which is a minimum of a second round pick. He can’t have it both ways. To expect/demand that the team take less is ridiculous.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.

Reporting with six games left is a bush league move anyway.
Claiming that your boo-boo hurts so that you can't play after sitting out 10 games is even worse.

Somebody else posted how the tide of pubic opinion has turned against TW, and that could not be truer for me. BA was a greasy fuck who got exactly what was coming to him, BUT....

TW is doing himself zero favors. He is NOT going to get 20 million a year. He IS trying to revenge fuck the Redskins. He is engendering nothing but vitriol and malice from essentially a "new" team that bent over backwards to try to smooth things over for him (firing the training staff, firing the gm, head coach meeting with him to try to get him to come back, etc.)

This is ALL on him.

Quickly becoming one of the most hated skins for me. People lost their jobs because of his bs, and I’ll not be convinced it wasn’t bs, he had the chance for it to be investigated he chose not to

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trent thinks he is worth $20M per season, then that makes him one of the best LTs in the game. If true, then he needs to also understand that the team should be compensated as such. Which is a minimum of a second round pick. He can’t have it both ways. To expect/demand that the team take less is ridiculous.

True.

"Arguing in good faith," for TW, seems to be code for "let me go now for nothing because I don't feel like playing here anymore."

Terrible advice from his agent.