• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now Trent

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent has to drop his demand for $20M/per. The offer last year was a first round selection, I don't think that the compensation should be anything less than a 2nd plus. The plus is negotiable, but NOT that second, this isn't Walmart!

Cle didn't offer their first last year. If we can get Cle first 3rd round pick I would do it in a heartbeat.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cle didn't offer their first last year. If we can get Cle first 3rd round pick I would do it in a heartbeat.

Might as well give him away if it's only a third. Trent wants to play, he wants to get paid, Cleveland wants either of two things.

Trent to sign a longer term, more cap friendly contract, or Washington to come down on compensation. Washington must take a stand and put the onus on Trent. If they do that, they get equal compensation otherwise it's a give-a-way.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well give him away if it's only a third. Trent wants to play, he wants to get paid, Cleveland wants either of two things.

Trent to sign a longer term, more cap friendly contract, or Washington to come down on compensation. Washington must take a stand and put the onus on Trent. If they do that, they get equal compensation otherwise it's a give-a-way.

We have no leverage. IF we don't take Cle third he might sit out the season again. With the draft loaded at OT we are going to have to settle for a 3rd.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no leverage. IF we don't take Cle third he might sit out the season again. With the draft loaded at OT we are going to have to settle for a 3rd.

Do you honestly believe that he wants to sit out another season? I don't! That is our leverage, make him decide if he wants to play or not. If he does, then he makes the deal and our team gets proper compensation. If he sits, his career is essentially over or at best he gets far less than he wants from anyone. Remember Trent will be 32 in July and after another inactive year he'll be 33 entering camp. Of course this team has leverage, it's called...Time!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm settling on a 3rd, it comes with a plus.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe that he wants to sit out another season? I don't! That is our leverage, make him decide if he wants to play or not. If he does, then he makes the deal and our team gets proper compensation. If he sits, his career is essentially over or at best he gets far less than he wants from anyone. Remember Trent will be 32 in July and after another inactive year he'll be 33 entering camp. Of course this team has leverage, it's called...Time!

Do you really think we get a 2nd for him?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skins have leverage, he either retires or plays for them this season, or lowers his asking price. I wouldn’t think he’d want to end his career after losing all the money he lost last season

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins have leverage, he either retires or plays for them this season, or lowers his asking price. I wouldn’t think he’d want to end his career after losing all the money he lost last season

I just don't see us getting a 2nd for him.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it’s always a bad idea to let agents/players dictate terms, in this case its time to get rid of TW, and his loud mouthed agent.

This is especially true given the way that the redskins got rid of dunbar for next to nothing.

The precedent is set: criticize the team, bye motherfracker.

Take what Cleveland is giving up and move forward.

fuck TW and his agent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are still interested in Trent Williams if the price drops

C'mon Browns you have two 3rd round picks. Im sure TW is worth one of them.

Well the Browns offered a 2nd during the season and the Skins said no, but they are losing leverage everyday. If I was the Browns I would do the 3rd in the heartbeat but then you have the long-term contract and big money Trent is demanding. Frontload that extension and give him $15-16M a year. I would be all up for that...but the question is are the Skins still looking for a 1st or early 2nd...they shouldn't be at this point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Browns offered a 2nd during the season and the Skins said no, but they are losing leverage everyday. If I was the Browns I would do the 3rd in the heartbeat but then you have the long-term contract and big money Trent is demanding. Frontload that extension and give him $15-16M a year. I would be all up for that...but the question is are the Skins still looking for a 1st or early 2nd...they shouldn't be at this point.

The Skins want a 2nd right now. A 3rd should do it to get the deal done. Your first 3rd round pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent has to drop his demand for $20M/per. The offer last year was a first round selection, I don't think that the compensation should be anything less than a 2nd plus. The plus is negotiable, but NOT that second, this isn't Walmart!

Yeah he is asking 20M+ but I think he would lower that price for: frontloaded the contract + big guaranteed money and more years.
Also, the Browns only offered a 2nd last year multiple times and Skins turned them down.
I agree I don't think it should be anything less than a 2nd but with Trent asking for bigtime money and the clock ticking with his agent...they might have to settle for a 3rd and another pick of some sort. Just my thinking but even if they got a 2nd they would be settling for less...but imo a 2nd would be good for them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see a deal being done till after the draft with the loser of the OT draft being in play