• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame, why I HATE the Fighting Irish. Snowflakes should avoid this thread.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, Notre Dame gets rated highly by some loser outfits like US News mostly for having really high entrance requirements, combine their loyal fanbase blindly willing to pony up cash to support their religion with their having arguably the most prolific history in the #1 money making sport out there, and you get what we get, an overrated school with incredibly arrogant fans, who pull in the best students and teach them nothing basically and as a school disappoints in the production area seeing as how high the expectations should be for the students seeing as you only bring in the smartest kids.

Whereas UMn is underrated by the loser outfits, for having lower entrance requirements, combined with a fan base far too smart and skeptical to pony up cash just because the mother school asks for it. Minnesotans are practical and thrifty, they want to know their money is going towards something worthwhile. Now add in their kind of sucking at the #1 money making sport out there for most of 3-5 decades, and what you get are much lower expectations and so all of these idiot ND fans come around thinking first of all that football is the only thing that matters in the world, and then that Minnesota is so lowly in football and a nobody and even get to the point of ASSuming that they totally pummel UMn in academics, too? lol

Meanwhile UMn has been driving the world, producing far more doctors and scientists and new businesses and new technologies and whatever else it is the world actually needs.

In 2018 UMn put out into the world 8,660 people with Bachelors Degrees, while ND put out 2780. That's THREE TIMES AS MANY.

And UMn put out into the world 3351 people with Masters Degrees, while ND put out 1003. Again, that's THREE TIMES AS MANY.

And UMn put out into the world 702 people with Doctorates, while ND put out 281, well over double.

And UMn put out into the world 964 people with Professional Degrees, while ND put out 206, so well over FOUR TIMES AS MANY!!!

SO... EVERY SINGLE YEAR that UMn's existed probably, it's produced and sent out into the world just about THREE TIMES AS MANY educated/trained people than ND has.

Any wonder that we are one of the few institutions in the world to have alum with Nobel Prizes in every single category?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn vs THE WORLD!!!

UMn has produced 10 alums who went on to win Nobel Prizes. The SEC, all 14 schools, have produced 10 alums who won Nobel Prizes.

14 schools combined were needed to match UMn. lol

I think UMn has produced as many Nobel Prize winner alums as the entire ACC, as well? If you don't include ND's 1 alum, it seems to me the ACC combined produced 10. Same as UMn produced?

Now I NOW FOR SURE UMn matches the 14 teams of the SEC combined. I'm not saying we also match the ACC, because I haven't focused my attention on that conf, but from what I can tell, it's possible UMn matches up with that Conf as well, lol.

We know the Big 12 are a bunch of dumbsh1ts, so I wouldn't even waste my time looking that up, UT produced 4, OU apparently none, KU & KSU? 2 total among them. TCU/Baylor? I doubt it. OSU and ISU might have produced 1 or 2, maybe?

What's left? The Pac-12? The B1G???

UMn has produced more Nobel Prize winners than Iowa, PSU, MSU, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers & Purdue COMBINED!!!

UMn has produced more Nobel Prize winners than Oreg St, Oreg, Wash St, Ariz, Ariz St, California, USC & Colorado COMBINED!!!

How is it that you people consider Minnesota such a nobody?

UMn is CLEARLY one of the Top Ten Public Research Universities in the Nation. UMn is a Top 25 team All-Time in the Sears Directors Cup as well.

In 2014, UMn sent 14 of the 42 B1G reps to the Sochi Olympics. That is exactly 33.3%, fully 1/3rd.
Up to 2014, at the time of the article I'm referencing, the B1G had sent 1370 athletes to the Olympics, won 460 medals and 243 Gold Medals.

The Gophers won 66 of those medals, over 14%. Divide by 14 would be just 7.14%, so the Gophers won twice as many as should be expected. Since then they've won 10 more Gold Medals.

Of the 77 medals won in Hockey, 49 were Gophers, that's well over HALF, almost 2/3rds!!! Of the 24 Gold medals, 12 were Gophers, exactly half..

You ungrateful mofos can thank UMn anytime, lol.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck are you talking to? Until my post you had the last six posts in this thread. You’re a strange strange dude.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large. And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a barge

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty obvious that obsessed is the answer to the question of whether you are obsessed or just stupid.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn's produced close to Top Ten #s of NBA players, including FOUR Naismith HOFers to ND's 2? And is one of those 2 ND claims the former Gopher bb player that UMn also claims, who coached ND to their only titles in cbb?

Can ND match UMn's THREE Natty's in Baseball or it's two HOFers? Both got in on their first ballot, with ease.

I KNOW ND can't come even close to matching UMn in hockey. UMn hockey is equilvant to ND fb, but the thing is, that ND hockey doesn't even compare to UMn Track and Field or Men's Golf, much less it's Football, lol.

And UMn's got Wrestling, in a big way, something ND couldn't even fathom

So in a football thread you mention basketball, baseball, hockey, track & field, golf and wrestling. All of which have nothing to do with the fact that Minnesota football shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as N.D. football.

You're a very proud goofy Gopher nut-swinger.

I never thought I'd run across a super-duper homer worse than UofM fans maizeNblue09 & trustmeimright. But you've taken their title as the most ridiculous fan that over-pimp's his team on a nonstop basis.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in a football thread you mention basketball, baseball, hockey, track & field, golf and wrestling. All of which have nothing to do with the fact that Minnesota football shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as N.D. football.

You're a very proud goofy Gopher nut-swinger.

I never thought I'd run across a super-duper homer worse than UofM fans maizeNblue09 & trustmeimright. But you've taken their title as the most ridiculous fan that over-pimp's his team on a nonstop basis.
Who said this was a football thread? lol

#1, it's in the politics forum.
#2, the OP, who is me, never intended it to be a football only thread.

Your thinking it HAS TO BE a football only thread just exposes how football is all Notre Dame has got.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said this was a football thread? lol

#1, it's in the politics forum.
#2, the OP, who is me, never intended it to be a football only thread.

Your thinking it HAS TO BE a football only thread just exposes how football is all Notre Dame has got.

Can't believe I have say this.

N.D. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Minnesota

Only you think Minnesota's on the same level as N.D. (and I don't just mean football)

That school in South Bend is way more prestigious than that school you're obsessed with.

Your over-pimping of all things Gophers has reached epic proportions.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I have say this.

N.D. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Minnesota

Only you think Minnesota's on the same level as N.D. (and I don't just mean football)

That school in South Bend is way more prestigious than that school you're obsessed with.

Your over-pimping of all things Gophers has reached epic proportions.
How? How is ND "more prestigious"??? And so what if it is, it's meaningless since I can EASILY prove it's all smoke and mirrors.

Is Notre Dame so prestigious because it's produced so many Nobel Prize winners? lol We know it's not that since ND has only produced ONE.

30 > 1

lol

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U of Mn is a public school. Need a GED to get in. It is considered an A+ party school (nice). a quote, "University of Minnesota—Twin Cities's ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #66."

ND is a private school is a private school, about 1/4 the student size of UMn. A quote, "University of Notre Dame's ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #19."

And most important in this football post placed in the Politics forum (tells one something about the OP), they have met 5 times on the gridiron. ND is 4-0-1 against the Gophers.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to Notre Dame's Wikipedia page if you need to, scroll down a little ways and on the right side of the screen you will see a listing of ND's most recent National and World Rankings. There are 9 that Wikipedia seems to have chosen for most schools. At least they are the 9 listed for both ND and Minnesota, and lined up side by side, Minnesota OUTRATES ND in 5 of the 9.

ARWU National rates UMn at #24 in the nation. ND in the #95-114 group.

24 > 95-114. lol

QS Global rates UMN at #156 in the world, ND as #222.
THE rates UMn at #85 in the world, ND at #170.
Even USNWR rates UMn #47 in the world, and ND only at #238 in the world. LOL

47 > 238 lol

And ARWU Global rates UMn as #40 in the world, ND is in the #301-400 group.

40 > 301-400

And the rating system I got all that other data from is a comprehensive rating system with 9 measurements that UMn beats ND in 6 of.
The 3 ND beats UMn out in only show that there are a lot of Catholics out there who love Catholicism, hardly need a brain surgeon to figure that out and that ND wants to remain small and elitist and insignificant when it comes to changing the world for good.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? How is ND "more prestigious"??? And so what if it is, it's meaningless since I can EASILY prove it's all smoke and mirrors.

Is Notre Dame so prestigious because it's produced so many Nobel Prize winners? lol We know it's not that since ND has only produced ONE.

------ 30 > 1

lol

Are you saying Minnesota has 30 Nobel Prize winners? If so not according to this site.

bestmastersprograms.org

50 universities with the most nobel prize winners

That site has Minnesota listed at # 26 with 23. University of Chicago has 89. So obviously Chicago > Minnesota right?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U of Mn is a public school. Need a GED to get in. It is considered an A+ party school (nice). a quote, "University of Minnesota—Twin Cities's ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #66."

ND is a private school is a private school, about 1/4 the student size of UMn. A quote, "University of Notre Dame's ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #19."

And most important in this football post placed in the Politics forum (tells one something about the OP), they have met 5 times on the gridiron. ND is 4-0-1 against the Gophers.
How did ND get that rating in that particular rating system? Let me guess, because of their higher entrance requirements, the fact that they are snobbish and think so highly of themselves? lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying Minnesota has 30 Nobel Prize winners? If so not according to this site.

bestmastersprograms.org

50 universities with the most nobel prize winners

That site has Minnesota listed at # 26 with 23. University of Chicago has 89. So obviously Chicago > Minnesota right?

Yes, Chicago could possibly be a superior academic institution than Minnesota.

And I never said Minnesota has produced 30 Nobel Prize winners, it's been associated with 30.

It's produced TEN. Ten alums of the Univ of Minnesota have gone on to win Nobel Prizes in all 6 categories. It's hired 20 others who either won Nobel Prizes before coming to UMn, or won them while working for UMn or won them after leaving UMn.

According to the list I found on Wikipedia of all Nobel Prize winners according to University association, UMn ranks Top 25 IN THE WORLD, with 30, tied with Illinois, Top 15 in America, and Top 10 among Public schools.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to put schools in Academic/research tiers, Ivies like Princeton and Yale along with the likes of Stanford and MIT would all be Tier 1.

I'm NOT claiming UMn, a super huge public STATE school whose #1 main mission it is to serve MINNESOTA and Minnesotans, is a Tier 1 school.

But what I am saying is UMn is right near the very top of the 2nd Tier, probably behind Michigan but DEFINITELY ahead of Notre Dame.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tier 1 schools produce so many Nobel Prize winners, the listing on Wikipedia only shows whose won since 2000 for most of the Top 20 schools on the list.

But among Tier 2 schools. Here's a comparison of the # of Alums each has produced.

Carnegie Mellon has produced 7 winners in 2 categories
U of Washington has produced 5 winners in 2 categories
Northwestern has produced just 3 winners in 3 categories
Wash in St Louis has produced 4 winners in 2 categories
UCLA, fing UCLA has produced 7 winners in 4 categories
UC San Diego has produced only 3 winners in 2 categories
U of Michigan has produced 9 winners in 4 categories
NYU yes, NYU has produced 10 winners in 3 categories
U of Pennsylvania has produced 9 winners in 3 categories

U of Minnesota has produced TEN winners in ALL SIX categories.

Just like in sports, we don't dominate fb, bb, bsbl, wr, golf or track, but we have produced some truly great athletes and teams in each of those sports sometime in our history.

We do well enough in sports that we would make the ALL-TIME Top 25 of the Sears Directors Cup but we'll never win it, not with Stanford around.

We do well enough academically that we rank Top Ten among Public Research Universities and are Top Ten at producing Academic All-American athletes as well.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to put schools in Academic/research tiers, Ivies like Princeton and Yale along with the likes of Stanford and MIT would all be Tier 1.

I'm NOT claiming UMn, a super huge public STATE school whose #1 main mission it is to serve MINNESOTA and Minnesotans, is a Tier 1 school.

But what I am saying is UMn is right near the very top of the 2nd Tier, probably behind Michigan but DEFINITELY ahead of Notre Dame.

regardless of the fact that US News and World reports ranks Notre Dame at #19 and Minnesota at #66. You should probably write them and explain how screwed up they are.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with this. Is Notre Dame the most Catholic University in the country as it claims to be?

I don't think it is.

They accept muslims, atheists, and openly practicing homosexuals, gave Obama an honorary degree and gave Biden it's highest award?

None of that seems very Catholic to me.
wow. seems to me they should turn in their "catholic" card............. they sure as hell are not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Chicago could possibly be a superior academic institution than Minnesota.

And I never said Minnesota has produced 30 Nobel Prize winners, it's been associated with 30.

It's produced TEN. Ten alums of the Univ of Minnesota have gone on to win Nobel Prizes in all 6 categories. It's hired 20 others who either won Nobel Prizes before coming to UMn, or won them while working for UMn or won them after leaving UMn.

According to the list I found on Wikipedia of all Nobel Prize winners according to University association, UMn ranks Top 25 IN THE WORLD, with 30, tied with Illinois, Top 15 in America, and Top 10 among Public schools.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tier 1 schools produce so many Nobel Prize winners, the listing on Wikipedia only shows whose won since 2000 for most of the Top 20 schools on the list.

But among Tier 2 schools. Here's a comparison of the # of Alums each has produced.

Carnegie Mellon has produced 7 winners in 2 categories
U of Washington has produced 5 winners in 2 categories
Northwestern has produced just 3 winners in 3 categories
Wash in St Louis has produced 4 winners in 2 categories
UCLA, fing UCLA has produced 7 winners in 4 categories
UC San Diego has produced only 3 winners in 2 categories
U of Michigan has produced 9 winners in 4 categories
NYU yes, NYU has produced 10 winners in 3 categories
U of Pennsylvania has produced 9 winners in 3 categories

U of Minnesota has produced TEN winners in ALL SIX categories.

Just like in sports, we don't dominate fb, bb, bsbl, wr, golf or track, but we have produced some truly great athletes and teams in each of those sports sometime in our history.

We do well enough in sports that we would make the ALL-TIME Top 25 of the Sears Directors Cup but we'll never win it, not with Stanford around.

We do well enough academically that we rank Top Ten among Public Research Universities and are Top Ten at producing Academic All-American athletes as well.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: