• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame vs Stanford

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think?

I hate to say it, but I think Stanford ends the Irish discussion of playoff chances. Just too many injuries now with Russell going down. How many more injuries can we possibly weather?

Unfortunately, we're limping into California.

28-17 Stanford. I hope you guys change my mind.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play the way they did last night 28-17 is a pipe dream.

Stanford is lousy and slow on defense. Our offense should do okay. Stanford does a good job blitzing so Adams and Williams better be up to task on blocking.

Our defense needs to be more disciplined or McCaffery will carve us up. The long TD run was partially a missed assignment but our DBs are prone to taking bad angles and that's what allowed him to score. Our scheme is so assignment specific, one screwup hurts us.

There are no surprises with Stanford's offense. Defense needs to contain Hogan though. On pass rushes we leave too many lanes to run.

It may well end up being a shootout.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I am done trying to figure out what team is going to show up. I just hope the one that played BC was left in Boston.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Stanford is beatable and provided they don't turn the ball over like they did last week all will be fine and they haven't had too many games like that this year. Yes losing Prosise hurts but Adams can get the job done and Prosise's injury isn't season threatening just potentially the next game. Losing Russell hurts as well but he hasn't been the same since coming back either and luckily Stanford isn't a dynamic passing team.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, The Irish need to beat Stanford to make the playoff. So that should motivate them. The question I have is whether they will show up in the first quarter motivated, or if they won't show up until later. Because if the Irish don't come out of the gate ready to play, it will be a long, difficult climb to get back into the game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith so Im going to say a win here. Win and we are in. This team knows that. like someone said before either way we are going to the playoffs or a Big time bowl. Im ok with that. At least the Irish gave us a good season and we are in till the end of the season. Couldn't ask for much more after all these injuries.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how good stanford is? Hopefully we don't see any more dropped passes by Fuller, or fumbles by anyone. Losing Russell could be a huge loss if Hogan decides to have a great day, but I think Jaylon has the speed to negate Mccaffery like no other team has been able to. I think BC has a good defense, and we were able to move the ball well on them. If we keep the turnovers to 1 or 2, I think we will be in good shape. I think we win by 10.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy12 how many times are you going to say "a win and we're in". Clearly, as I've stated before, we are not in with a win. We need lots of help. And the committee proved that tonight by slotting us #6

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is a more consistent team overall. I don't have much doubt that Stanford will show up ready to play and play 4 quarters. If Notre Dame has their shit together and plays all four quarters, then ND will win. I am pessimistic that ND will play a complete game and I think ND will need a complete game to beat Stanford on the road.

The Clemson game is a perfect example. We had our heads in our asses the first half and really did not start playing as we are capable until the 4th quarter. If we would have played the whole game like we played in the 4th quarter we would have given Clemson a pants down butt whippin.

We need a good game plan and if it aint working we need to adjust before half time.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is a more consistent team overall. I don't have much doubt that Stanford will show up ready to play and play 4 quarters. If Notre Dame has their shit together and plays all four quarters, then ND will win. I am pessimistic that ND will play a complete game and I think ND will need a complete game to beat Stanford on the road.

The Clemson game is a perfect example. We had our heads in our asses the first half and really did not start playing as we are capable until the 4th quarter. If we would have played the whole game like we played in the 4th quarter we would have given Clemson a pants down butt whippin.

We need a good game plan and if it aint working we need to adjust before half time.

kelly has never shown the ability to do that and there's no reason to think he'll start now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@purguy12 how many times are you going to say "a win and we're in". Clearly, as I've stated before, we are not in with a win. We need lots of help. And the committee proved that tonight by slotting us #6
yes we are. Im sticking with it. if im wrong Im wrong but I just dont see it how we wouldnt be in. Everything points to us being in. We have a tougher schedule then Oklahoma and we have better wins, better Loss and we beat the team that beat them and we both dont have a conference championship game.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That's unfortunate, but it's a little bit of who we are."

translation .... it sucks but that's who i am.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say a lot of help they really only need Oklahoma to lose in my mind to get in. If you are saying to guarantee a spot then sure they need Iowa, Michigan State, and Oklahoma to lose.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how good stanford is? Hopefully we don't see any more dropped passes by Fuller, or fumbles by anyone. Losing Russell could be a huge loss if Hogan decides to have a great day, but I think Jaylon has the speed to negate Mccaffery like no other team has been able to. I think BC has a good defense, and we were able to move the ball well on them. If we keep the turnovers to 1 or 2, I think we will be in good shape. I think we win by 10.
Me neither.

Stanford has been an enigma all year. Ya just don't know what you're gonna get with them ... other than a whole lot of McCaffrey. Hogan scares me this game with our banged up, Achilles' heel secondary. It might be ripe for the picking with us keying on McCaffrey so much. Fact is, we MUST stop McCaffrey and hope that Hogan doesn't light us up in doing so ... he is a dangerous 5th year senior who has weapons. He may be the key to the game.

Stanford usually always has a top defense and usually their strong point. Not so sure of that this year. This may turn into a west coast shootout and Kizer is going to need to be able to throw the ball. We are going to really miss CJ this game and Stanford knows that. I just am not sold on Adams being able to carry a load that it's gonna take this week. If Kizer can find a groove with Fuller & Brown, we could exploit them. Would just love to finally see some play action, RB screens to Adams (and maybe use Carlisle) and TE receptions, instead of all the damn bubble screens that Stanford knows is coming. My biggest fear is that they jump one of those and turn into an easy pick 6.

I have a feeling Furd is gonna key/stop the run and this is gonna be put on Kizer's arm. Scary thought, if he plays like he did against BC.

This game is being billed as the GOW by many and I got it as a complete toss up, depending on which teams show up.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win, I'm happy.