• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame -2016 NFL draft

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time of year where you start looking to the future and checking out what players will get drafted and where. I was just checking out a mock draft on CBS and found it interesting that the mock draft I was looking at had both Ronnie Stanley and Jaylon Smith both going in the top nine and one of the contributors had Stanley and Smith both going in the top five of the 2016 NFL draft . I knew they would both go high but never realized that they were both slotted this high. Jaylon Smith didn't surprise me getting slotted there but I thought Stanley would be slotted maybe late first round. It will be interesting to see where Will Fuller get's predicted to go.

NFL Mock Drafts

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time of year where you start looking to the future and checking out what players will get drafted and where. I was just checking out a mock draft on CBS and found it interesting that the mock draft I was looking at had both Ronnie Stanley and Jaylon Smith both going in the top nine and one of the contributors had Stanley and Smith both going in the top five of the 2016 NFL draft . I knew they would both go high but never realized that they were both slotted this high. Jaylon Smith didn't surprise me getting slotted there but I thought Stanley would be slotted maybe late first round. It will be interesting to see where Will Fuller get's predicted to go.

NFL Mock Drafts
J. Smith is going to be a Freak at the combine and wouldn't shock me if he jumped in the top 3.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the pay different from being a 1st round pick compared to 2nd or 3rd?

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upon my research the difference of pay between rounds 1 and 2 alone is huge. It is also a huge drop off of money when you are talking about players getting drafted outside of the top 10.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amazing thing is that Ronnie Stanley, Jaylon Smith and Will Fuller all qualify to play next year at ND. If this were five years ago (before guys were leaving early) we would be looking at next year as our best chance for the playoff.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upon my research the difference of pay between rounds 1 and 2 alone is huge. It is also a huge drop off of money when you are talking about players getting drafted outside of the top 10.

The only upside to being drafted in the later rounds is you get to the 2nd contract quicker.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, you answered your own question. The only really valuable rookie contracts are about the top 10-12 picks. Below that, there isn't much difference between mid-late first rounders and second rounders. The way the rookie caps are structured now and veteran contracts as well, everyone knows, its the second contract that's more valuable.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the pay different from being a 1st round pick compared to 2nd or 3rd?
well I think 1st and 2nd get more guaranteed contracts and difference from 1st and 2nd is money and years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amazing thing is that Ronnie Stanley, Jaylon Smith and Will Fuller all qualify to play next year at ND. If this were five years ago (before guys were leaving early) we would be looking at next year as our best chance for the playoff.
I think the Oline will be fine. We are stacked at that position. I would love to have Smith and Fuller back. Smith is the biggest player they will miss the most. Imagine Smith not on this D this year. The D would be ranked like 100 or something.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honestly, the wide receiver core would still be good next year if Fuller leaves. Robinson, Hunter Jr. (who is going to be a breakout star next year), St. Brown, Sanders, and incoming freshmen Claypool looks like a stud. I believe Hunter Jr. can take on the role of Fuller. I think the offense will be better next year with or without Fuller.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honestly, the wide receiver core would still be good next year if Fuller leaves. Robinson, Hunter Jr. (who is going to be a breakout star next year), St. Brown, Sanders, and incoming freshmen Claypool looks like a stud. I believe Hunter Jr. can take on the role of Fuller. I think the offense will be better next year with or without Fuller.
I agree, plus add the 3 headed monsters at RB(Adams, CJ, Folston).

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Oline will be fine. We are stacked at that position. I would love to have Smith and Fuller back. Smith is the biggest player they will miss the most. Imagine Smith not on this D this year. The D would be ranked like 100 or something.
All season long I thought what this defense would have looked like without Jaylon Smith , I cringed every time I thought about it. His speed and desire are impossible to replace. Once in a while he was out of position but so many times he made up for it will speed and the will to make the play. I loved watching him play. Fuller was great and a difference maker but sometimes I think Chris Brown got overlooked. I thought he had a nice career. His played ebbed and flowed a bit but he made a lot of big plays. I think he'll be missed.