• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 5th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, a pick of QB is saying they don't have confidence in competing this season... Which is fine...

But how do you treat Eli the way they did last season, and then make up with him like he is still THE TEAM, and then not see if he can bring you to the playoffs one more year??

To me if you see a guy you can envision being the franchise QB for the next 15 years and have that chance to get him then you bite the bullet and do it. That is great if Eli can take you to the playoffs maybe one more time then retire but this guy could carry that team for the next decade plus be cheap for 5 years of it.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, a pick of QB is saying they don't have confidence in competing this season... Which is fine...

But how do you treat Eli the way they did last season, and then make up with him like he is still THE TEAM, and then not see if he can bring you to the playoffs one more year??

Drafting a QB this year doesnt mean they turned their back on Eli, let the kid sit for a year, Eli is pretty much done anyhow and the Giants are going nowhere this year so...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me if you see a guy you can envision being the franchise QB for the next 15 years and have that chance to get him then you bite the bullet and do it. That is great if Eli can take you to the playoffs maybe one more time then retire but this guy could carry that team for the next decade plus be cheap for 5 years of it.

logically your right... but we know these teams play for NOW and often give too much to loyalty...

Honestly, if the giants defense can play anywhere near they did in 2016, then with their receiving talent they can be dangerous... if they go get Barkley and then fix some offensive line holes, they can easily make the playoffs...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting a QB this year doesnt mean they turned their back on Eli, let the kid sit for a year, Eli is pretty much done anyhow and the Giants are going nowhere this year so...

but then you lost a first round pick talent for THIS YEARS team...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logically your right... but we know these teams play for NOW and often give too much to loyalty...

Honestly, if the giants defense can play anywhere near they did in 2016, then with their receiving talent they can be dangerous... if they go get Barkley and then fix some offensive line holes, they can easily make the playoffs...

I guess to me depends a bit. They got a new coaching staff so a pick of a QB buys them some time where they can say they want to see how their rookie develops.

I won't blame them for trying to go for it this year. Just personally if I were their GM I'm picking QB and being happy I have my guy moving forward to build around. Not often you get to draft this high and get a guy at the most important position.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me depends a bit. They got a new coaching staff so a pick of a QB buys them some time where they can say they want to see how their rookie develops.

I won't blame them for trying to go for it this year. Just personally if I were their GM I'm picking QB and being happy I have my guy moving forward to build around. Not often you get to draft this high and get a guy at the most important position.

in no way am I saying for them not to draft a QB... I just think it is the decision on whether they think they can compete or not this year... IF they don't think they can, then draft the QB... Eli is starting no matter what they choose...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up, right?

I think I have someone

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this years team isn't a threat to win it all, time to find Eli's replacement.

and if they think that, then I hope they do draft the QB... But I really don't see that being an easy decision... they were so hurt last season that maybe they were so bad because of injuries... I think they probably think their defense is still a top 10 defense like it was in 2016... and they have top 10 receiving talent(including TE)...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if they think that, then I hope they do draft the QB... But I really don't see that being an easy decision... they were so hurt last season that maybe they were so bad because of injuries... I think they probably think their defense is still a top 10 defense like it was in 2016... and they have top 10 receiving talent(including TE)...

I just think they realize they may not be in a better position to get a top QB than they are right now. At least I hope they realize that...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think they realize they may not be in a better position to get a top QB than they are right now. At least I hope they realize that...

I am sure they do realize it... as most of the fans around here realize it... But again, it is not an easy decision to not give Eli the most competitive team in his last season(s)... Eli might not be Tom Brady, but he is still loved around here...

It is easy looking from the outside, because you guys pretty much laugh at the thought of Eli being a top 10 QB...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on OLB/DE Duke Ejiofor. Dudes a beast and should be healthy by training camp

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I'm throwing darts with the Chiefs defense. They have had so many issues that its hard to trust the scheme but picking a slower safety can also mean they might actually have someone outside of Eric Berry who can have a physical presence against TEs and the run. I'm honestly not sure what to expect when it comes to the Chiefs drafting on D but they certainly need defensive players.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure they do realize it... as most of the fans around here realize it... But again, it is not an easy decision to not give Eli the most competitive team in his last season(s)... Eli might not be Tom Brady, but he is still loved around here...

It is easy looking from the outside, because you guys pretty much laugh at the thought of Eli being a top 10 QB...

I think people can appreciate what Eli has meant to the fans but it's a business, thanks for everything Eli now don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out! What are they suppose to do? Not hurt his feelings or not care about the future just to try and help Eli who is pretty much done chase an 8 - 8 season?