• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis is also 2 years in the league. It's early :lol:

He does force throws at times. All young players have their flaws

And I would say "no duh" to all of this. Yes it is early but we are seeing the same issues he had in college with forcing the football translate to the NFL. Players don't usually get better at not throwing turnovers when they leave college for the pros. Plenty have struggled early on yes such as Peyton Manning but he also showed promise in college that this wasn't going to be a trend.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also plays in the SEC West and the other in the ACC. ACC is good, but the SEC West is loaded with great defense. I agree Kelly was not consistent, but I wouldn't put the 2 QBs far apart.

So only players from the SEC then can succeed because that is where all the talent is? This really is getting ridiculous.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner drank a potion and went from grocery bagger to MVP over night. Joe Flacco didn't tear it up - his defense was one of the best of all time. But I get what you are saying.. So if put into the right system, Trubinsky could be a game manager and help win games, but is that what you want when you pick in the top 12? Does Cleveland have that Baltimore defense? Do they have that 1999 Rams offense?

No

Flacco is just an inconsistent QB with a very strong arm. He isn't a world beater but he had a great playoff run in 2012, one of the best in recent years.

And Mitch is just another guy to throw in the mix, not a guy to start from day 1. IMO I don't particuarly care for any of the QB's in this draft to be honest. If they could get him with the 33rd pick I would be happy, not with the 12th pick but I couldnt trade down. He is still projected at the spot I took him but I could have waited bc most don't need a QB. In this mock it is kinda hard to trade down if you don't have anyone to trade with though lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So only players from the SEC then can succeed because that is where all the talent is? This really is getting ridiculous.

He doesn't know jackshit. Keeps rambling on about college accomplishments and what conference they played in :yawn:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would say "no duh" to all of this. Yes it is early but we are seeing the same issues he had in college with forcing the football translate to the NFL. Players don't usually get better at not throwing turnovers when they leave college for the pros. Plenty have struggled early on yes such as Peyton Manning but he also showed promise in college that this wasn't going to be a trend.

Wrong. Jameis first year in college he was very accurate. He threw for 40 TDs and 10 INTs, 67% compl, and was a beast on 3rd down.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is just an inconsistent QB with a very strong arm. He isn't a world beater but he had a great playoff run in 2012, one of the best in recent years.

And Mitch is just another guy to throw in the mix, not a guy to start from day 1. IMO I don't particuarly care for any of the QB's in this draft to be honest. If they could get him with the 33rd pick I would be happy, not with the 12th pick but I couldnt trade down. He is still projected at the spot I took him but I could have waited bc most don't need a QB. In this mock it is kinda hard to trade down if you don't have anyone to trade with though lol

I agree. From a guy that watches alot of ACC football over the years and sees alot of Cowboy games, I have a feeling Watson is going to be a bit like Dak Prescott. Watson may not have the rookie year that Dak had - Dak also has Zeke and the best Oline in the NFL. Dak is also smart and doesn't turn it over hardly at all - he was like that in college.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Jameis first year in college he was very accurate. He threw for 40 TDs and 10 INTs, 67% compl, and was a beast on 3rd down.

You could really see the progresssion, how did that 2nd year turn out? lol

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is why for me Jameis still has promise to truly become a top-10 QB in the NFL. I could at least see the intelligence on the field. That 2nd year where he threw a ton of interceptions it looked like some of the pressure got to him and he just tried to push too hard. Understandable. I feel like that same mentality though has followed him some to the NFL. Needs to get back to that 1st year of starting where he just went out and let his game take over.

With Watson I have yet to see a QB that can show turnovers will not be a huge part of his game moving forward. He struggles getting through his progressions at all and reading a defense. Two huge keys to success in the NFL. His athleticism won't me jack squat if he can't figure those things out. NFL teams can easily figure out how to shut down a 2-read system.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson at 67% compl his entire career. 35 TDs and 13 INTs his soph year and 41 TDs and 17 INTs his junior year.

Trubinsky was at 68% compl his 1 year as a starter with 30 TDs and 6 INTs

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson at 67% compl his entire career. 35 TDs and 13 INTs his soph year and 41 TDs and 17 INTs his junior year.

Trubinsky was at 68% compl his 1 year as a starter with 30 TDs and 6 INTs

Not sure what you are trying to prove here? What I see is a QB that in 1 season had a better completion percentage and TD/INT ratio.

And if you are going to point towards the TD's thrown well just remember Mitch only played in 13 games compared to the 15 the past 2 seasons for Watson. Good chance you give Mitch 2 more games he throws 5 touchdowns without throwing 7 interceptions.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why for me Jameis still has promise to truly become a top-10 QB in the NFL. I could at least see the intelligence on the field. That 2nd year where he threw a ton of interceptions it looked like some of the pressure got to him and he just tried to push too hard. Understandable. I feel like that same mentality though has followed him some to the NFL. Needs to get back to that 1st year of starting where he just went out and let his game take over.

With Watson I have yet to see a QB that can show turnovers will not be a huge part of his game moving forward. He struggles getting through his progressions at all and reading a defense. Two huge keys to success in the NFL. His athleticism won't me jack squat if he can't figure those things out. NFL teams can easily figure out how to shut down a 2-read system.

It was not the pressure. It was kids being kids. He won a natty, the hunger wasn't there as much, he lost Kelvin Benjamin, and started to force balls.

Jameis with 40 TD and 10 INTs at 67%
Watson with 35 TDs and 13 INTs at 67%

Those look pretty similar to me. Jameis was ridiculous his first full year. But Watson was good too. Hell 41 TDs and 17 INTs isn't awful.

These kids get complacent. But both of these kids are hungry just like Dak is. They both have the tools to be really good and they've both won on the biggest stage. Watson was more impressive to me on that stage.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how good Watson is going to be, but he reminds me a lot of Dak Prescott. Watson threw more INTs last year but so did Jameis his last year too.

Trubinsky is just another QB in the off season hype machine

Really?

I'm not seeing that. Watson was better at it, so maybe that's why, but he asked to be much more of a runner than Dak was. Miss St wasn't exactly running a pro style OFC, but they didn't seem to call his number like CLEM did for Watson, certainly not his SR yr. Also Dak has a bigger arm.

I'm not sure what to think about any of the QBs in this class, but I'd be willing to take one and try to develop them...it's a gamble to have to take if you don't have a legit #1.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are trying to prove here? What I see is a QB that in 1 season had a better completion percentage and TD/INT ratio.

And if you are going to point towards the TD's thrown well just remember Mitch only played in 13 games compared to the 15 the past 2 seasons for Watson. Good chance you give Mitch 2 more games he throws 5 touchdowns without throwing 7 interceptions.

Numbers are close is what I'm saying. The thing I don't like and it's my opinion... Is that he started 1 year and really didn't go up against a top tier defense during that year. Trubinsky is risky ;)

Mitchell Trubisky

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not the pressure. It was kids being kids. He won a natty, the hunger wasn't there as much, he lost Kelvin Benjamin, and started to force balls.

Jameis with 40 TD and 10 INTs at 67%
Watson with 35 TDs and 13 INTs at 67%

Those look pretty similar to me. Jameis was ridiculous his first full year. But Watson was good too. Hell 41 TDs and 17 INTs isn't awful.

These kids get complacent. But both of these kids are hungry just like Dak is. They both have the tools to be really good and they've both won on the biggest stage. Watson was more impressive to me on that stage.

To me you can't really compare the two. Their games are about as different as night and day. Jameis was a pure pocket passer in college football. Teams didn't worry about him taking off running or have to worry about the keeping extra guys in the box to stop the spread/option look. He won with running an offense that NFL teams could see translating well at the next level.

Watson just was never asked to do a lot of the things he will in the pros. He was told just go let your athleticism win the day and well in college football a lot of times it does. That won't happen in the NFL. He will be broken in 2 before the start of his 2nd season. Go ask RGIII about that.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That 2nd paragraph is 100% false. Watson goes through progressions fine as well as reading a defense.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I'm not seeing that. Watson was better at it, so maybe that's why, but he asked to be much more of a runner than Dak was. Miss St wasn't exactly running a pro style OFC, but they didn't seem to call his number like CLEM did for Watson, certainly not his SR yr. Also Dak has a bigger arm.

I'm not sure what to think about any of the QBs in this class, but I'd be willing to take one and try to develop them...it's a gamble to have to take if you don't have a legit #1.

Dak was top 3 for yards all time in SEC and top 10 in TDs. He ran plenty. Not sure about the bigger arm - Watson can sling it.

What say you @Edisto_Tiger