• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner depending how you look at things could fall into that 1-year college starter and of course became MVP.

Joe Flacco was a 1-year starter at Delaware.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does that mean Chad Kelly is going to be a great NFL QB? I mean he lit up that Alabama defense for 2 straight years?

And you read my mind as I was about to post that about Tim Tebow.

I guess if you want a QB that only started 1 season that has done pretty darn well in the NFL then Cam Newton is your guy. He was Tim Tebow's back up then transferred and well lit it up for Auburn and became the #1 overall pick and of course MVP.

Chad Kelly might be alright, not sure about great. As far as 1 year starter.. :lol: Name me another that's not mobile with a rocket arm, 6'6 250 and take a pounding.

Cam also won a natty with a pretty good defense and threw 2 TDs in that Natty over Oregon 22-19. Watson had 8 TDs on BAMA over 2 games.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa needs an Olineman or someone on D. Who you want?
Top need for Tampa is WR from the 2 fans I've heard from. Just not sure thats where they should go at this point

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you jump to conclusions like a woman. I'll spell it out for you.. What's riskier? Grabbing a 1 year starter that was behind a lousy QB for a few years and didn't play on the biggest stage.. Or a 2.5 year starter since halfway through his freshman year that led his team to 2 conference titles and 2 national championships?

Can you tell me the last 1 year starter that's tearing it up right now in the NFL? :pound:

No one of truly know who's going to be good in the NFL. Risk vs reward my man

He had a pretty damn good season last year in the same conference as Deshaun, so bc he didn't have the better team around him that helped him get to national championships that determines what he will do in the NFL. I don't care how long he started, if I think he has the better skillset to compete at the NFL I will take him over the guy that has 4 NC's ALL day. What don't you get? Now as far as Watson and Mitch go I have already said I like them both but I am not going to pick a guy based on his college accomplishments.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Kelly might be alright, not sure about great. As far as 1 year starter.. :lol: Name me another that's not mobile with a rocket arm, 6'6 250 and take a pounding.

Cam also won a natty with a pretty good defense and threw 2 TDs in that Natty over Oregon 22-19. Watson had 8 TDs on BAMA over 2 games.

How did Vince Young turn out after having maybe one of the greatest performances in National Championship history against maybe one of the most loaded teams in college history?

To me while those NC games for Watson are impressive I also see the ridiculous interception numbers and see a QB that doesn't make good decisions and struggles to actually read a defense. You know 2 big time keys for being an NFL QB.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner depending how you look at things could fall into that 1-year college starter and of course became MVP.

Joe Flacco was a 1-year starter at Delaware.

Kurt Warner drank a potion and went from grocery bagger to MVP over night. Joe Flacco didn't tear it up - his defense was one of the best of all time. But I get what you are saying.. So if put into the right system, Trubinsky could be a game manager and help win games, but is that what you want when you pick in the top 12? Does Cleveland have that Baltimore defense? Do they have that 1999 Rams offense?

No

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a pretty damn good season last year in the same conference as Deshaun, so bc he didn't have the better team around him that helped him get to national championships that determines what he will do in the NFL. I don't care how long he started, if I think he has the better skillset to compete at the NFL I will take him over the guy that has 4 NC's ALL day. What don't you get? Now as far as Watson and Mitch go I have already said I like them both but I am not going to pick a guy based on his college accomplishments.

Again, I am looking at WHO he faced. Defenses he did well against. But the fact that he started 1 year and was behind a garbage QB screams bust.

He had 1 good year. Not great, good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao no he won't, you can even ask Ole Piss fans he won't do anything in the NFL. He probably won't see the field.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Vince Young turn out after having maybe one of the greatest performances in National Championship history against maybe one of the most loaded teams in college history?

To me while those NC games for Watson are impressive I also see the ridiculous interception numbers and see a QB that doesn't make good decisions and struggles to actually read a defense. You know 2 big time keys for being an NFL QB.

Put Vince Young in the Johnny Manziel catagory. Has alot of tools, but not the mentality.

As far as INTs.. Jameis went through the same thing his last year of college.

Funny how we look at Trubinsky's "upside" but focus on Watson's "downside". And :lol: at Watson struggling to read defenses.. The guy just pounded one of the best NCAA defenses of all time and full of guys who will play on sunday

HYPE is a mofo

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner drank a potion and went from grocery bagger to MVP over night. Joe Flacco didn't tear it up - his defense was one of the best of all time. But I get what you are saying.. So if put into the right system, Trubinsky could be a game manager and help win games, but is that what you want when you pick in the top 12? Does Cleveland have that Baltimore defense? Do they have that 1999 Rams offense?

No

What I'm saying is the QB position is one of the toughest in all of sports to get right. You have guys like Kurt Warner who come out of nowhere. You have the guys like Brady who were benched in college become the greatest QB of all time. Then you have the Vince Young's, Tim Tebow's, Sam Bradford's, Matt Leinart's, RGIII's who lit up college football and couldn't do hardly anything in the NFL.

I have watched about 4 games of Mitch's and he is the one college QB of the top-5 group that I have seen him actually work through progressions and do it pretty quickly. I have seen him audible into the right play. I have seen him on a more consistent basis making what I would consider NFL type throws into tighter windows. To me whoever drafts Watson is looking at least at a 2-year project just to get all of his college bad habits out of his system and teach him how to function like an NFL QB.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao no he won't, you can even ask Ole Piss fans he won't do anything in the NFL. He probably won't see the field.

What part of "might be alright, but not great" did you not understand? :L

What does Trubinsky have that Chad Kelly does not?

goodness man

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I am looking at WHO he faced. Defenses he did well against. But the fact that he started 1 year and was behind a garbage QB screams bust.

He had 1 good year. Not great, good.

I dont care who he was behind. He has 3,800 yards 30 TD' and 6 INT's with not near the talent that Watson had around him. He had a better QB rating than Watson but I really don't care about that. He has a great arm, good mechanics. Pretty good size at 6'3" 220 and he can take off and run when needed. Like I said, both QB's look good but I am not looking at college accomplishments to determine what QB I want.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Vince Young in the Johnny Manziel catagory. Has alot of tools, but not the mentality.

As far as INTs.. Jameis went through the same thing his last year of college.

Funny how we look at Trubinsky's "upside" but focus on Watson's "downside". And :lol: at Watson struggling to read defenses.. The guy just pounded one of the best NCAA defenses of all time and full of guys who will play on sunday

HYPE is a mofo

Jameis didn't do it 2 straight seasons in college. I would feel much better about Watson if after a bad year of interceptions 2 seasons ago he was able to get those down and show progress. Instead he showed the exact same mistakes.

Also with Jameis that was a concern about his turnovers. And look at him in the NFL. While he has flashed at times to be a great QB he has also thrown 33 interceptions through 2 seasons. Winston would tell you himself he hasn't done well making good decisions all the time. He will never become a great QB in the NFL until he learns to protect the football.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm saying is the QB position is one of the toughest in all of sports to get right. You have guys like Kurt Warner who come out of nowhere. You have the guys like Brady who were benched in college become the greatest QB of all time. Then you have the Vince Young's, Tim Tebow's, Sam Bradford's, Matt Leinart's, RGIII's who lit up college football and couldn't do hardly anything in the NFL.

I have watched about 4 games of Mitch's and he is the one college QB of the top-5 group that I have seen him actually work through progressions and do it pretty quickly. I have seen him audible into the right play. I have seen him on a more consistent basis making what I would consider NFL type throws into tighter windows. To me whoever drafts Watson is looking at least at a 2-year project just to get all of his college bad habits out of his system and teach him how to function like an NFL QB.

Watson is not a 2 year project. This is getting funny again. Trubinsky is "NFL ready" after starting 1 year at UNC

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "might be alright, but not great" did you not understand? :L

What does Trubinsky have that Chad Kelly does not?

goodness man

Well a moral compass that points in the right direction to start off with. Showed better consistency on the field than Kelly has ever shown. Kelly like I said did well against Alabama. That is great but he struggled in plenty of other games against not so great talent.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis didn't do it 2 straight seasons in college. I would feel much better about Watson if after a bad year of interceptions 2 seasons ago he was able to get those down and show progress. Instead he showed the exact same mistakes.

Also with Jameis that was a concern about his turnovers. And look at him in the NFL. While he has flashed at times to be a great QB he has also thrown 33 interceptions through 2 seasons. Winston would tell you himself he hasn't done well making good decisions all the time. He will never become a great QB in the NFL until he learns to protect the football.

Jameis is also 2 years in the league. It's early :lol:

He does force throws at times. All young players have their flaws

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is not a 2 year project. This is getting funny again. Trubinsky is "NFL ready" after starting 1 year at UNC

Didn't say Trubinsky is ready. I think both are projects. I just like the upside and ability to develop Mitchell much more than Watson.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a moral compass that points in the right direction to start off with. Showed better consistency on the field than Kelly has ever shown. Kelly like I said did well against Alabama. That is great but he struggled in plenty of other games against not so great talent.

He also plays in the SEC West and the other in the ACC. ACC is good, but the SEC West is loaded with great defense. I agree Kelly was not consistent, but I wouldn't put the 2 QBs far apart.