• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nominate a new Lions head coach

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Austin

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just like 2008, there was no stopping after Millen. The fans went after Kitna, Rod Marinelli and son-n-law.
You think the Redskins DC would get an interview?

I doubt Joe Berry would even want an interview. A 32nd ranked defense two years running while in Detroit wouldn't make for a warm welcome. But taking over an almost as bad defense with Millen making the draft picks was a recipe for failure.

However, I wouldn't mind having Mike (pass-happy) Martz back. But, the fans griped about Martz play calling. Amazing how the Offensive Line is once again in the Lime Light.

IIRC, Millen gave Marinelli power in 2008 to save the Lions and Marinelli brought in 2nd string, has-beens and bench warmers from Tampa Bay for his Tampa2 Defense for Joe Berry to work with.

I do remember Marinelli trying to be mediator and getting mowed down from the Fire Millen Campaign after the first few losses in 2008. After Millen was oust during the bye week the fans went after Jon Kitna too for trying to out score the defense week in and week out. Marinelli placed Kitna on IR to get him out of the line of fire after week 5.

Dan Orlovsky got his first start in week 6 against the Vikings. (hehe) Orlovsky ran out of the back of the end zone in the 1st quarter with Jared Allen chasing him. What should have been a win was taken away with two game changing calls in the 4th quarter that set the Vikings up for the win with the last one.

The fans and media went after Berry when near the end of the season Rob Parker(columnist) took a shot at Marinelli about his daughter and Joe Berry.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take LebEau if he still can do the job physically.
He just turned 78, he's fine.

Vermeil took 17 years off between Philly and St Louis. It's only been ten since he coached the Chefs. Fresh legs on that old softie.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Joe Berry would even want an interview. A 32nd ranked defense two years running while in Detroit wouldn't make for a warm welcome. But taking over an almost as bad defense with Millen making the draft picks was a recipe for failure.

However, I wouldn't mind having Mike (pass-happy) Martz back. But, the fans griped about Martz play calling. Amazing how the Offensive Line is once again in the Lime Light.

IIRC, Millen gave Marinelli power in 2008 to save the Lions and Marinelli brought in 2nd string, has-beens and bench warmers from Tampa Bay for his Tampa2 Defense for Joe Berry to work with.

I do remember Marinelli trying to be mediator and getting mowed down from the Fire Millen Campaign after the first few losses in 2008. After Millen was oust during the bye week the fans went after Jon Kitna too for trying to out score the defense week in and week out. Marinelli placed Kitna on IR to get him out of the line of fire after week 5.

Dan Orlovsky got his first start in week 6 against the Vikings. (hehe) Orlovsky ran out of the back of the end zone in the 1st quarter with Jared Allen chasing him. What should have been a win was taken away with two game changing calls in the 4th quarter that set the Vikings up for the win with the last one.

The fans and media went after Berry when near the end of the season Rob Parker(columnist) took a shot at Marinelli about his daughter and Joe Berry.
I've never liked Rob Parker.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm partial to Steve Sarkisian....I heard he might be available.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously....I like Linehan...always did, but I dont think he wants to be a head coach. Frank Reich is doing a good job in San Diego...I like that he was a Bill for so many years, he knows what it takes to be a consistent winner.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trust him with your work truck?

In a past life a co-worker/newer pal of mine asked to borrow my truck to go grab a bag. 3 days later his parents call me to come pick up my truck from their house. Steve instead went on a 72 hour crack binge. When I picked the truck up, he had sold everything in it, all my CDs etc...for crack, and the thing was littered with cigarette packs.

Learned my lesson.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm partial to Steve Sarkisian....I heard he might be available.

Can you imagine the off days with Steve Sarkisian, Jim Bob Cooter and Tom Lewand hanging out? The team may be terrible, but no team could out drink us.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a past life a co-worker/newer pal of mine asked to borrow my truck to go grab a bag. 3 days later his parents call me to come pick up my truck from their house. Steve instead went on a 72 hour crack binge. When I picked the truck up, he had sold everything in it, all my CDs etc...for crack, and the thing was littered with cigarette packs.

Learned my lesson.
WTF!?!

I'm kinda surprised he didn't sell your truck too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember which one of you hates this guy, might be Smitty, might be others, but....

Brian Kelly