• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rebuild (Part 23)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild - a word I have come to hate. The WTF formerly known as the Redskins have been rebuilding since 1999 when Snyder became owner. Lets be honest, there has never been a plan for the rebuild. This team does not retain players they should have kept. There are fans on this site and elsewhere that want to trade away the 1, 2 or 3 good players they have for draft choices. Who was the team going to draft with those draft choices ... Robert Griffin? Dwayne Haskins?

A common call by many fans and some media for the past 23 years is "we need to hire a new coach, a new DC etc. etc. So what is being said is every coach for 23 years sucked. It is the coaching staffs fault. Seriously? Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur and Kyle Shanahan are winning. Other coaches that have been let go have gone elsewhere and done well. Anyone remember Marty? Greg Williams, Marvin Lewis?

This team suffers from probably the worst owner in the NFL and one of the worst owners in any sport. That man has no clue what rebuilding is. If the team starts to get something right he lets a good player go so he can replace him with his latest failed QB in the draft. Who is the enabler that ruins any progress the latest coach who is tasked with rebuilding the team? Then we get to watch the latest shiny new toy ignore his coaches (see Arrington, Griffin and Young) and freelance themselves into oblivion. See also Fat Albert and almost Landon Collins. LC does seem to have mended his ways .... at least for half a season.

So "rebuild" has become a hilarious word to me. The only way for this team is for the owner to be replaced, not likely in my life time. Now the team doesn't even have a history. Do you consider Sonny, Charley, Riggo, Dexter, Art or many other former players to be the Washington Football Team or insert some other dumbass name. Saddest of all is the Turd has become insanely wealthy while dismantling a football organization. I with the team luck in rebuild No. 23. Luck and hope are very different words.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh it could be worse we could be Detriot lions

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild - a word I have come to hate. The WTF formerly known as the Redskins have been rebuilding since 1999 when Snyder became owner. Lets be honest, there has never been a plan for the rebuild. This team does not retain players they should have kept. There are fans on this site and elsewhere that want to trade away the 1, 2 or 3 good players they have for draft choices. Who was the team going to draft with those draft choices ... Robert Griffin? Dwayne Haskins?

A common call by many fans and some media for the past 23 years is "we need to hire a new coach, a new DC etc. etc. So what is being said is every coach for 23 years sucked. It is the coaching staffs fault. Seriously? Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur and Kyle Shanahan are winning. Other coaches that have been let go have gone elsewhere and done well. Anyone remember Marty? Greg Williams, Marvin Lewis?

This team suffers from probably the worst owner in the NFL and one of the worst owners in any sport. That man has no clue what rebuilding is. If the team starts to get something right he lets a good player go so he can replace him with his latest failed QB in the draft. Who is the enabler that ruins any progress the latest coach who is tasked with rebuilding the team? Then we get to watch the latest shiny new toy ignore his coaches (see Arrington, Griffin and Young) and freelance themselves into oblivion. See also Fat Albert and almost Landon Collins. LC does seem to have mended his ways .... at least for half a season.

So "rebuild" has become a hilarious word to me. The only way for this team is for the owner to be replaced, not likely in my life time. Now the team doesn't even have a history. Do you consider Sonny, Charley, Riggo, Dexter, Art or many other former players to be the Washington Football Team or insert some other dumbass name. Saddest of all is the Turd has become insanely wealthy while dismantling a football organization. I with the team luck in rebuild No. 23. Luck and hope are very different words.
Amen. I can only hope that RG3s book reveals pics of Snyder making a pass at RG. If this happens, then rg3 will turn out to be the best 1st round pick in the teams history.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This franchise reminds me of what happened to the Orioles when Angelos took over as owner. A once great and storied franchise reduced to the league laughing stock by a bad owner.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we can't fill every single need but this is doable

Cornerback
2 Linebackers
WR
QB
Offensive linemen

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest unnamed needs is a new strength and conditioning program / coach, who focuses on innovation and multiple philosophical approaches to wellness.

Its rare that over the last 30 years of shittiness, that the redskins arent beset by injuries.

Has there been a statistical analysis by the front office as to if the redskins are unnaturaly injury prone as compared to other teams?

I’d say probably not - too bsuy harrassing ladies, pretending to be a wannabe Jerrah Jones, interfering with head coaches, or undermining GM’s.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cornerback
2 Linebackers
WR
QB
Offensive linemen

Furthermore, I dont think the redskins are really that far away from being good.

They need good coaching, good health, a few lbs, and a qb with an nfl arm that can - and does - make all the throws.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cornerback
2 Linebackers
WR
QB
Offensive linemen
You can make 1000 lists and we might fix half of the needs in an off season. We will try to fix em all and that’s doable but will it work

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good post my friend and I'll just add this:

Santa disappoints us every year by putting a piece of coal in our stocking because in only 5 days WTF went from being a contender to a pretender which means we were not a contender to begin with.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's gotta have an email from Snyder that can be twisted, and get him removed as owner.
literally no other way

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe its just me but these 'what if' scenarios are ok to think about... for 3 secs or so... but cmon, it only leads to 'grass is greener' thoughts constantly.

people forget that the grass is greenest where its watered.

thats where we, as a franchise have failed. along with scouting talent consistently in the draft.

I think we've got a 'leader of men' in RR, he and his scouting team just need to deliver in player acquisition with some smart decisions and a bit of luck

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe its just me but these 'what if' scenarios are ok to think about... for 3 secs or so... but cmon, it only leads to 'grass is greener' thoughts constantly.

thats where we, as a franchise have failed. along with scouting talent consistently in the draft.

I think we've got a 'leader of men' in RR, he and his scouting team just need to deliver in player acquisition with some smart decisions and a bit of luck

Well, the WFT wouldn’t have drafted Herbert if that passed on Young though.

The pick would have been Tua.

And that really isn’t much of an upgrade above what we currently have.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's gotta have an email from Snyder that can be twisted, and get him removed as owner.
literally no other way

I keep wanting to believe somebody can get to Snyder in some way but he seems to be able to keep covering his tracks.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way things are done in D.C. offensively, I'm sure Herbert wouldn't have been unleashed. Remember Herbert only became a star because the chargers health agents saw something so special in him, they punctured tyrod taylors lung. Freak accident, lol. Also Herbert in addition to being an absolute beast, he has a great supporting cast