• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No thread about Lacy losing his job?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw where they said he was in the 240's this year earlier on. As with most weight issues, if they are saying 240, it's more like 260.

Kind of like how every basketball player immediately goes from being 6'3 to being 6'5".

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting drafted by any NFL team is like hitting the lottery, get over yourself please.

That being said, there is no reason for him to want out either.

As well as Starks has played, he is no threat to Lacy long term based on talent alone. If Lacy wants his job back, he can get it. If not, he just ends up as another Ron Dayne.
I actually used the same comparison to Ron Dayne today talking about it with my brother. We're both lifelong Packer's fans. I hope Lacy figures it out. He seems like a good guy who has seem some hard times in his life. If I am not mistaken he was homeless for some time after Katrina.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, he is going to have to start reporting in as eligible on every play.
:L

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw where they said he was in the 240's this year earlier on. As with most weight issues, if they are saying 240, it's more like 260.

Kind of like how every basketball player immediately goes from being 6'3 to being 6'5".
i think it's the other way around with basketball. Their basketball card says 6'5 and you see them in person and they're like 6'3

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still using the Eric Cartman defense....

cartman.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodley...he had to expect it...lol...I had forgotten he was in AZ, until last week, I thought he was still in OAK!

Scary...it is...I'm 6'3 and back in the summer maxed out at 245 (basically JJ's size)...finally down in the 228-230 range gunning for 210. I can't imagine carrying 300 lbs around.

If they don't start dropping it by the time they get into their 50s...heart muscle gets worn down trying pump thru all that extra blubber.
Damn we are the same size! I'm 6'3 220. Biggest I got was 245lbs 2 yrs ago. I'd love to get down to 210, but I think I'd have to give up the beer drinking to achieve it lol.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn we are the same size! I'm 6'3 220. Biggest I got was 245lbs 2 yrs ago. I'd love to get down to 210, but I think I'd have to give up the beer drinking to achieve it lol.
Im about 6'3" 230.

And one of my favorite pastimes is making fun of Stafford's fatass. He's 6'3" 230. And likes ice cream.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Lacy ~ "Yeah, I called ya fat... Look at me, I'm skinny... It never stopped me from gettin' busy... I'm a freak... I like the girls with the boom... I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom"

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be COMPLETELY wrong here, but this is seeming very similar to a Bettis situation with the Rams early in his career...He just might need a trade and a "fresh start" to motivate him...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We should have played man! My only venture into playing football was my Jr. yr HS...the HC had been trying to get me to come out for TE since 9th grade...one practice, one crossing pattern meet with a LB, I was blown up but held on to the ball...I got up dazed, and finished the practice, but I quickly realized that basketball was going to be my only sport.

Considering I haven't been working out much, I'm pleased with the loss so far...just eating better and less. I still have my suds, but I don't keep beer stocked like I used to...I used buy a case every other week and would slam back 2 or 3 everyday...now...game day, or on the golf course I'll have 1 or 2. Wife drinks wine, so I've gotten more into that now.

Yeah...that last 15-18 lbs is going to be tough for me to shed...especially going into winter.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have played man! My only venture into playing football was my Jr. yr HS...the HC had been trying to get me to come out for TE since 9th grade...one practice, one crossing pattern meet with a LB, I was blown up but held on to the ball...I got up dazed, and finished the practice, but I quickly realized that basketball was going to be my only sport.

Considering I haven't been working out much, I'm pleased with the loss so far...just eating better and less. I still have my suds, but I don't keep beer stocked like I used to...I used buy a case every other week and would slam back 2 or 3 everyday...now...game day, or on the golf course I'll have 1 or 2. Wife drinks wine, so I've gotten more into that now.

Yeah...that last 15-18 lbs is going to be tough for me to shed...especially going into winter.
Same here with the football days. Played from gradeschool to HS. Loved the contact though. Started off an O-lineman because I was taller than the rest. But eventually I played ILB & occasionally TE. Played basketball growing up but suffered an eye injury that messed up my depth perception so basketball & baseball went out the window.

Damn dude it sounds like you got it all figured out though! Good for you! I'm the social drinker. I go toss back a few on Thursdays with the guys for TNF, then its usually one night over the weekend that I hammer the beer a little harder. The wife loves the wine as well. I've been known to dabble, but still haven't developed the pallet for appreciating good wine.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here with the football days. Played from gradeschool to HS. Loved the contact though. Started off an O-lineman because I was taller than the rest. But eventually I played ILB & occasionally TE. Played basketball growing up but suffered an eye injury that messed up my depth perception so basketball & baseball went out the window.

Damn dude it sounds like you got it all figured out though! Good for you! I'm the social drinker. I go toss back a few on Thursdays with the guys for TNF, then its usually one night over the weekend that I hammer the beer a little harder. The wife loves the wine as well. I've been known to dabble, but still haven't developed the pallet for appreciating good wine.

Tragically, this year we lost our starting QB from our HS football team...a ton of people at his funeral including the old HC and he STILL says to me some 35 yrs later...man you could have been 1st team all city as a TE...(I was 2nd team all city in basketball) so that was always his jab at me.

Figured out...No sir...the doctors told my ass I would probably be on blood pressure meds in a year if I didn't drop weight...cut down on fast food...I don't want to be on meds...I'm not that old.

Wine...it has taken awhile...we've been to several wine tasting events and I'm just now starting to appreciate the difference between "good" wine vs a mass produced big bottle wine. At the same time, I've learned that you don't have to spend $100 to get a good bottle of wine...$15 to $20 offers good quality.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tragically, this year we lost our starting QB from our HS football team...a ton of people at his funeral including the old HC and he STILL says to me some 35 yrs later...man you could have been 1st team all city as a TE...(I was 2nd team all city in basketball) so that was always his jab at me.

Figured out...No sir...the doctors told my ass I would probably be on blood pressure meds in a year if I didn't drop weight...cut down on fast food...I don't want to be on meds...I'm not that old.

Wine...it has taken awhile...we've been to several wine tasting events and I'm just now starting to appreciate the difference between "good" wine vs a mass produced big bottle wine. At the same time, I've learned that you don't have to spend $100 to get a good bottle of wine...$15 to $20 offers good quality.
That's pretty cool that the entire team, coach included, showed up to his funeral. Means you guys shared a great bond.

Thats a good call. Screw having to take meds daily! I would train so hard like I was going to the olympics if the doc told me something like that.

Yea I'm still a bottom shelfer when it comes to wine. $9-12 max lol. Doesn't taste any different than something that is double the price. As long as it isn't fruity I can usually handle whatever it is. Merlot is my favorite. If its brutal, I might splash in some Dr. Pepper to make a kalimotxo lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty cool that the entire team, coach included, showed up to his funeral. Means you guys shared a great bond.

Thats a good call. Screw having to take meds daily! I would train so hard like I was going to the olympics if the doc told me something like that.

Yea I'm still a bottom shelfer when it comes to wine. $9-12 max lol. Doesn't taste any different than something that is double the price. As long as it isn't fruity I can usually handle whatever it is. Merlot is my favorite. If its brutal, I might splash in some Dr. Pepper to make a kalimotxo lol.

The QB also played basketball, and we grew up from about 3 or 4th grade together so we went way back, so we were pretty tight even though I didn't play football...the team...even some SRs from our soph and Jr years weere there and we had a fairly large senior class...close to 1000 and you would think they all showed up...ironic that my 1st GF turned out to be his wife and they came to my wedding, (I was the 1st of the clan to get married) we've talked a couple of times since he passed...just out of the blue, at work, drop dead literally...really sad....and he was on meds...I just learned that a few days ago.

A good Merlot will be smoother with less aftertaste than a cheaper Merlot. But again...you don't have to spend $50. Cabernet, Sauvignon, even Pinot have some reds that all have subtle flavor distinctions.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB also played basketball, and we grew up from about 3 or 4th grade together so we went way back, so we were pretty tight even though I didn't play football...the team...even some SRs from our soph and Jr years weere there and we had a fairly large senior class...close to 1000 and you would think they all showed up...ironic that my 1st GF turned out to be his wife and they came to my wedding, (I was the 1st of the clan to get married) we've talked a couple of times since he passed...just out of the blue, at work, drop dead literally...really sad....and he was on meds...I just learned that a few days ago.

A good Merlot will be smoother with less aftertaste than a cheaper Merlot. But again...you don't have to spend $50. Cabernet, Sauvignon, even Pinot have some reds that all have subtle flavor distinctions.
That's really sad. Makes you wonder if all those meds out there are really that safe. But there's a lot of factors that go into things like that.

Wine... Definitely haven't developed the pallet to figure that out lol.