• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No thread about Lacy losing his job?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very shocked. He had such a promising rookie season to now be where he is. AT least looking at recent pictures of himself it just doesn't look like he has done a great job of improving himself. Kind of looks like he is taking the Trent Richardson path in the NFL just not quite as drastic. Still has a chance to really turn things around though.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is killing my fantasy season. I can pretty much guarantee you that he stumbles his fat ass into the end zone a couple of times this week now that I will be starting Starks.

That'll teach me to own Packers!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still has a chance to really turn things around though.

Obviously he does still have a chance...but the number of times a big bruiser goes from good to bad and back to good again are pretty few and far between.

He could have just been Peyton Hillis'ing us the last two years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he does still have a chance...but the number of times a big bruiser goes from good to bad and back to good again are pretty few and far between.

He could have just been Peyton Hillis'ing us the last two years.

It is true. How he responds will be huge. To me if he gets himself back into decent shape I still think he can be a decent RB in this league. Usually those type of guys once they get out of shape they just don't seem to care enough to get back into shape. I think he has been used to just his talent alone being enough to do well. The NFL eats those types of players for breakfast though. It takes something more than just talent to make it in this league.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for the him but he's got to lose some weight and start running with some authority. I will go on record to say I was the first one to point out he was carrying way too much weight. One of the photos if Lacy this year and last year told the story. He's played with a gimp ankle but after three or four weeks that is no longer a legitimate excuse, plus he's had three fumbles in less than ninety carries.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a decline in such a short time

damn

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks has been significantly more productive from day one this season. I am actually comfortable with Starks. He does what is asked of him. I still think the Packers offensive line is overrated too.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All is good as Starks is a decent depth and a good back and is on my fantasy team

The best player needs to be out there and you cant take your job for granted. Just have to see how Lacy responds to this.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right that 2nd photo was actually from his rookie season and was just a terrible angle. Now though that is what he looks like in almost every single photo
Yeah, it's an older pic, but dude is large and in charge this year.

Rey M did this a few years ago for the Bengals. Came in like 15-20lbs fat. He gained weight to help him hold up against the run better, but he didn't do it in an effective manner to keep up his speed and agility (what little he already has). He quickly found out he was way out of shape, and it took him about 8 games to get back into playing weight, but he effectively lost that entire off-season and first 8 games because of it.

Maybe Lacey thought he would be more durable at a higher weight, but there's a right way and a wrong way to put on the weight. You have to be careful because you don't want that to affect the other attributes. Maybe that's all it is, and hopefully he can get back down to where he needs to be and return to being an effective RB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's an older pic, but dude is large and in charge this year.

Rey M did this a few years ago for the Bengals. Came in like 15-20lbs fat. He gained weight to help him hold up against the run better, but he didn't do it in an effective manner to keep up his speed and agility (what little he already has). He quickly found out he was way out of shape, and it took him about 8 games to get back into playing weight, but he effectively lost that entire off-season and first 8 games because of it.

Maybe Lacey thought he would be more durable at a higher weight, but there's a right way and a wrong way to put on the weight. You have to be careful because you don't want that to affect the other attributes. Maybe that's all it is, and hopefully he can get back down to where he needs to be and return to being an effective RB.

Lacy has struggled with this most of his career. It is why he has done like you said of playing his best football later in the year. The problem developing for him though is he can't stay healthy enough in those first 8 weeks to get himself into football shape so he ends up spending a great deal of time on the sideline.

I would say his rookie year was actually helped quite a bit by the fact that he had to do so much off season training to get ready for his Pro Day and visits to teams. So that meant at least an extra 4 months of training for him. Where now that he doesn't have to do it he just isn't doing what he should and like you said gaining bad weight. He keeps saying it is more his pad level causing problems. I think we are seeing now the team is just pretty fed up with him having excuses when they really need him to be a stud for this team to go where it wants to go.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy has struggled with this most of his career. It is why he has done like you said of playing his best football later in the year. The problem developing for him though is he can't stay healthy enough in those first 8 weeks to get himself into football shape so he ends up spending a great deal of time on the sideline.

I would say his rookie year was actually helped quite a bit by the fact that he had to do so much off season training to get ready for his Pro Day and visits to teams. So that meant at least an extra 4 months of training for him. Where now that he doesn't have to do it he just isn't doing what he should and like you said gaining bad weight. He keeps saying it is more his pad level causing problems. I think we are seeing now the team is just pretty fed up with him having excuses when they really need him to be a stud for this team to go where it wants to go.
When you're slow, and fail to hit that next gear...it's not your pad level...

Yes, agreed about his past. In the picture posted, it's from a span of OTA's on the left, and training camp on his right from a few years ago. He admitted to splurging on fast food between those times, and gained a fair amount of weight. Shows his struggles with food and maintaining his weight.

Hopefully, he gets back on top of things, and gets back to being the RB he can be.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were taken the same year... The second picture is of a bad angle. Nice try though
Same year, yes, but different times. The first was OTA's, and the second was training camp. Lacy admitted to eating too much fast foods between that time and gained a fair amount of weight.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I betcha he just keeps getting fatter

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't just put on 40 pounds lol

That take dedication

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very shocked. He had such a promising rookie season to now be where he is. AT least looking at recent pictures of himself it just doesn't look like he has done a great job of improving himself. Kind of looks like he is taking the Trent Richardson path in the NFL just not quite as drastic. Still has a chance to really turn things around though.

When you start having to defend your weight in the media...chances are there have been some private conversations about it.

Lacy needs to drop some weight if he plans on getting a 2nd contract in GB.