• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No team has ever won 3 Super Bowls in a row. What if the Chiefs do it?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but was as impressive and was talked in the same circles this idiotic thread is about. The only thing different was Vick started his first year and didn’t win the Super Bowl. Literally the exact argument you put about Mahomes was said 2 decades earlier.

No, I gotta say the really idiotic thing is to look at what Mahomes has accomplished in his first 2 years as a starter and try to compare that to Vick. I loved Vick but they are not comparable. Vick was the #1 pick in a draft, lot of well deserved hype around his physical abilities.

People were more surprised than anything when the Chiefs moved up to what, 10, in the draft to take Mahomes. Seeing him as a project player but there certainly wasn't this hype around Mahomes that he was going to come in a tear the league apart like he has. In his first year starting in the league he threw for 50 TD passes, something that only two other players have done and that was well into their careers and they are the GOAT and Peyton who is top 2-5 QB.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I gotta say the really idiotic thing is to look at what Mahomes has accomplished in his first 2 years as a starter and try to compare that to Vick. I loved Vick but they are not comparable. Vick was the #1 pick in a draft, lot of well deserved hype around his physical abilities.

People were more surprised than anything when the Chiefs moved up to what, 10, in the draft to take Mahomes. Seeing him as a project player but there certainly wasn't this hype around Mahomes that he was going to come in a tear the league apart like he has. In his first year starting in the league he threw for 50 TD passes, something that only two other players have done and that was well into their careers and they are the GOAT and Peyton who is top 2-5 QB.

So you follow up my remark by proving my point in their first three years the only thing different was Vick hadn’t won a Super Bowl. Yeah the 50 touchdowns by Mahomes was more impressive but Vick also put up video game numbers on the ground in a much tougher division.

Im not knocking Mahomes because I think he is the best QB right now, but we literally had this conversation 2 decades ago because no one could stop Vick.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't stop at three OP

why not four
lebron.gif

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you follow up my remark by proving my point in their first three years the only thing different was Vick hadn’t won a Super Bowl. Yeah the 50 touchdowns by Mahomes was more impressive but Vick also put up video game numbers on the ground in a much tougher division.

Im not knocking Mahomes because I think he is the best QB right now, but we literally had this conversation 2 decades ago because no one could stop Vick.

They literally are not comparable whatsoever.

Mike Vicks first 3 years: 4,306 yards passing, 22 passing TDs, 14 INTs, 1,321 yards rushing & 10 rushing TDs. 1 Pro Bowl, 1-1 record in the playoffs.

Patrick Mahomes first 3 years: 9,412 yards passing, 76 passing TDs, 18 INTs, 500 yards rushing & 4 rushing TDs. 1x 1st team All-Pro, 2x Pro Bowl, 4-1 in the playoffs, 1x Super Bowl Champion.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid is by far the best quarterback I’ve ever seen. Unless an injury cuts his career short he will end up making Tom Brady and Peyton Manning look like chumps.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. Mahomes is fantastic and that offense is special but there is a lot more to winning than 1 player. With the salary cap, injuries and all sorts of other things, it's virtually impossible to field a three in a row champ even if the QB is Superman.