• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No team has ever won 3 Super Bowls in a row. What if the Chiefs do it?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the furthest I'll go in this route is that the AFC Super Bowl representative this year and next will probably be the Chiefs or Ravens.
Maybe this year, but great teams emerge every other year, so I wouldn't lock KC and Baltimore in those AFC title games yet.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean for Mahomes legacy and the GOAT argument we are watching him make over his career? What does that say for Andy Reid?

For both I think it makes a case for them to be in conversations of best ever but it does not push them to GOAT status. Andy Reid would for sure be in the top 5 HC conversation to end his career with 3 straight Super Bowl wins.

Now if they win 4 in a row when no other team has won 3 in a row? Then it gets interesting.

Then even if Mahomes only wins 1 other title late in his career he would have stake at the GOAT title having won 4 in a row early in his career.

Reid with 4 straight titles added onto already his lengthy resume then enters a debate with BB as the GOAT HC, especially if BB remains in the league and AFC during this 4 year run.
Let's see if they get #2 first.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 is a given, there is no point in waiting for #2 to start the discussion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let them get to 2 first

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 is a given, there is no point in waiting for #2 to start the discussion.

You do realize they had to make a hell of a comeback just to get to one. Nothing is given.

If you saw that nearly invincible 19-0 Pats teams lose to Eli and the Giants you know this.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has never been a QB close as good as Mahomes to play football.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this year, but great teams emerge every other year, so I wouldn't lock KC and Baltimore in those AFC title games yet.
Not a lock, maybe, but there is always at least one favorite in the AFC title game.

Lamar Jackson is 19-5 in his career. 2 of those losses are to the Chiefs and 2 are in the playoffs. Mahomes is 28-8 with a Super Bowl win. They're both fairly dependable commodities at this point. Certainly other teams can emerge but there are a lot of question marks at QB in the AFC.

You also have the fact that both teams can't get the bye week and its entirely possible that neither team gets the bye week because they both have first place schedules. So there is some wiggle room for other teams to win it all in the AFC.

Chiefs also had to dig every trick play out of the playbook to win the Super Bowl. Finesse teams will always be prone to mistakes no matter how good they are.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lock, maybe, but there is always at least one favorite in the AFC title game.

Lamar Jackson is 19-5 in his career. 2 of those losses are to the Chiefs and 2 are in the playoffs. Mahomes is 28-8 with a Super Bowl win. They're both fairly dependable commodities at this point. Certainly other teams can emerge but there are a lot of question marks at QB in the AFC.

You also have the fact that both teams can't get the bye week and its entirely possible that neither team gets the bye week because they both have first place schedules. So there is some wiggle room for other teams to win it all in the AFC.

Chiefs also had to dig every trick play out of the playbook to win the Super Bowl. Finesse teams will always be prone to mistakes no matter how good they are.
So many unknowns. I cannot see Jackson lasting another 2 seasons without injury playing like he does. I can't see 15 carries a game being sustainable in addition to his 26 pass attempts per game.

My money would be on KC if I was making a futures bet on the AFC 2021 champion, I just wouldn't be overly confident. They are not in great shape salary cap wise, so things could change.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean for Mahomes legacy and the GOAT argument we are watching him make over his career? What does that say for Andy Reid?

For both I think it makes a case for them to be in conversations of best ever but it does not push them to GOAT status. Andy Reid would for sure be in the top 5 HC conversation to end his career with 3 straight Super Bowl wins.

Now if they win 4 in a row when no other team has won 3 in a row? Then it gets interesting.

Then even if Mahomes only wins 1 other title late in his career he would have stake at the GOAT title having won 4 in a row early in his career.

Reid with 4 straight titles added onto already his lengthy resume then enters a debate with BB as the GOAT HC, especially if BB remains in the league and AFC during this 4 year run.

I guess you think the flood gates are going to open here in a big way huh?

Well...we know the overall talent base in KC is going to change when Mahomes inks that huge contract...with the future cap being somewhat unstable right now...KC needs to try to squeeze whatever they can get out of what's left of Mahomes rookie contract.

But a general response to your post...I think you're way out in front of this thing...let's see what happens this year.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have they even won 2 in a row yet?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 in a row would be very very difficult. i would only give it something like a 5% chance. Especially considering in 2021, they will be losing a lot of their good players and Mahomes cap hit by that time will be enormous.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of the Heatles, we could be the Cheatles.

:hmm: Probably not the best idea...

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was said about Michael Vick too.

Vick didn't throw 50 TDs his first season as a starter, nearly make the Super Bowl then follow that up with a second season as starter with 3 straight big time comebacks to win the Super Bowl.

And he's still just 24.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick didn't throw 50 TDs his first season as a starter, nearly make the Super Bowl then follow that up with a second season as starter with 3 straight big time comebacks to win the Super Bowl.

And he's still just 24.

No but was as impressive and was talked in the same circles this idiotic thread is about. The only thing different was Vick started his first year and didn’t win the Super Bowl. Literally the exact argument you put about Mahomes was said 2 decades earlier.