• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No, Seriously, who will be coaching Texas and Nebraska next year??

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack cant seem to right the ship and Bo is just an idiot no matter how many games he wins.
So who is it going to be??

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Texas, they get to pick their man. The only coach that would not take Texas is Saban, but I bet for $10,000,000 he would jump. Texas has to be the best place to be a college football head coach.

Next up will be USC. They will have to work at it to find their next coach. But they have nice weather. The ocean. Movie Stars. The Professor and Mary Anne.

Nebraska is in a bad place to be looking, because both Texas and USC will probably be looking. For Nebraska, their pickings get slim. Rich recruiting grounds? No. Great weather? No. Beaches? No. Mountains? No. Will Nebraska offer you the amount of money Texas will pay you? No.

The names being bandied about by us Nebraska posters are Scott Frost, Craig Bohls, and Jim Tressel.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will make no coaching change, just wishful thinking

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor that Saban was going to Texas.:laugh3:

This was discussed at length even at that other sight that should not be mentioned...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban to Texas!
Gruden to B1G Red!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini, Mark Mangino, or George O'Leary.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, rumor is he's tired of collecting crystal footballs and being treated like a god.

2szgey.jpg

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack cant seem to right the ship and Bo is just an idiot no matter how many games he wins.
So who is it going to be??

Charlie Weis might be available.:laugh3:

Texas might be able to pull Charlie Strong, Franklin from Vandy, or Golden out of Miami and maybe Shaw from Stanford (but thats a long shot). They can forget about Saban. I think they go after someone with HC experience.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Texas, they get to pick their man. The only coach that would not take Texas is Saban, but I bet for $10,000,000 he would jump. Texas has to be the best place to be a college football head coach.

Next up will be USC. They will have to work at it to find their next coach. But they have nice weather. The ocean. Movie Stars. The Professor and Mary Anne.

Nebraska is in a bad place to be looking, because both Texas and USC will probably be looking. For Nebraska, their pickings get slim. Rich recruiting grounds? No. Great weather? No. Beaches? No. Mountains? No. Will Nebraska offer you the amount of money Texas will pay you? No.

The names being bandied about by us Nebraska posters are Scott Frost, Craig Bohls, and Jim Tressel.

Helfrich (Oregon's coach) wouldn't take Texas either.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're Texas. We can have any coach we want.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly Nebraska will likely get 9-10 wins again and start preaching youth,talent,experience etc. We will have spots where we look like world beaters and spots where we look like... Well... What we looked like in the 2nd half yesterday.

Should have and could have beat UCLA. All coaching. I want Bo gone, but alas you cannot fire a 9/10 win coach. It's a bad look and no coach will want to come here if we do it.

It's possible if we get blown out a couple more times this year though... Given the soft schedule. Can't bring myself to root against them just for the sake of running Bo out of town. I'd say about 85-90 percent of the fan base is calling for his head right now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly Nebraska will likely get 9-10 wins again and start preaching youth,talent,experience etc. We will have spots where we look like world beaters and spots where we look like... Well... What we looked like in the 2nd half yesterday.

Should have and could have beat UCLA. All coaching. I want Bo gone, but alas you cannot fire a 9/10 win coach. It's a bad look and no coach will want to come here if we do it.

It's possible if we get blown out a couple more times this year though... Given the soft schedule. Can't bring myself to root against them just for the sake of running Bo out of town. I'd say about 85-90 percent of the fan base is calling for his head right now.

Ummm, were you even alive when Nebraska fired Frank Solich for winning 9 games?

Bo is getting an unprecedented amount of slack here......he AVERAGES 4 losses a year. Is that really what Nebraska football has come to? Are you guys really going to be happy with mediocrity? Because thats what's happening with the decision makers as long as this dude is coaching.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Fedora from North Carolina. Texas native and knows about Big 12 football since he played and coached at Oklahoma St. Won the CUSA title in '11 over Sumlins Houston squad when he was the head coach at Southern Miss.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES YOU FUCKING MORON. That's why I said it. The fuck do you take me for? No one wanted to coach for an AD who fired 9 win coaches so we had to hire Callahan who was waaaaaaaay toward the bottom of the list.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said he needs to get blown out badly in our losses to even begin to justify firing him if he still has 9-10 wins. It's tough to start from scratch. Extremely tough. If he loses his players, if they quit on him toward the end, then we can justify it.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could get Craig James to do an investigative report on how Bo mistreats players. That worked to Texas Tech when they were winning 9/10 games a year.