• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No one is talking about Eric Reid now

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad pick? Reach? He is a SS who cant cover?

Look at him now. He has been balling all preseason. Right now the weak link on the defense is the SS not the FS. Whitner needs to be replaced and this defense will be stout as can be.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to be doing a pretty fair job. FS is a tough position to learn for a rookie.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Would have to see him in regular season games before you can really say anything on him but I will say he seems fully capable of the job thus far.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patterson, Eifert, Rhodes, and Floyd would have been better options at pick number 18. That's with the trade...

Had we not traded up, but instead decided to stay put, maybe Reid would have still been there but maybe not. Even if he were gone, Cyprien would have been just as good IMO. In addition to Cyprien, we would still have our high 3rd round pick putting us in position to get Damontre Moore, John Jenkins, or Keenan Allen. The Reid pick was much more complex/expansive price to pay than you are making out to be.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea most of us didn't have a problem with Reid the player. I personally thought he was a good player at LSU. The problem like Bingo stated is the trade up for him. Unless Reid becomes all pro there was better value if we stayed pat to grab a safety or if we did move up move up for a more "impact" player then safety.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, looks like the real deal to me. He has won this starting spot. Looks good so far. A lot of people were saying it was a reach and he was like the 3rd or 4th best safety in the draft well he looks like the best one right now. Cant wait to see how he plays against rogers in week one. That will give us an idea of how he looks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen has not look good for the chargers.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Patterson, Eifert, Rhodes, and Floyd would have been better options at pick number 18. That's with the trade...

Eifert? Maybe. But McDonald is making me forget about him so far. The others? Nuh uh.

Cyprien would have been just as good IMO.

zpp.gif

:cool2:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of draft picks. Anyone know anything about the status of Tank Carridine? When is he going to get some playing time. Dude is a stud and the defense has looked awesome without him. Cant wait for him to play.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cakes had a few things to say about him. Something about never will pan out as a FS, he is a SS only.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad pick? Reach? He is a SS who cant cover?

Look at him now. He has been balling all preseason. Right now the weak link on the defense is the SS not the FS. Whitner needs to be replaced and this defense will be stout as can be.

Whitner has always been the weak link and yes Reid is a better SS than a FS. But Ill wait until the regular season starts before I judge anything.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well that article was flat out horrible and useless lol...

not that providing the story wasn't good(was good on your part) but the point of the article even being made was useless lol :lame:

That, and it was about 3 weeks old...

But hey, maybe they're closer to coming back now?

:whistle:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cakes had a few things to say about him. Something about never will pan out as a FS, he is a SS only.

To be fair, I did the video analysis of Reid at LSU and see dynamic ability as a SS but limited instincts as a FS. Reid is aggressive and a fierce hitter with speed but he bites on play action and gets caught out of position to support the corner on either side on pass plays.

It doesn't mean he can't improve that aspect of his game but Reid doesn't show the innate ability to be a NFL free safety.

If ya'll play a lot of cover 2 in the secondary, then it can be masked. However, I don't see Reid as a cover 1 free safety in the mold of an Earl Thomas, for example.

I would lay .50 that Reid takes over for Whitner in 2014and Baalke finds a FS. It wouldn't be the 1st time I'd be wrong and won't be last but I just write what my eyes are telling me with decent success at prognosticating db's.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of draft picks. Anyone know anything about the status of Tank Carridine? When is he going to get some playing time. Dude is a stud and the defense has looked awesome without him. Cant wait for him to play.

It is likely to start the season on PUP and miss the 1st 6 games.