• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No one is talking about Eric Reid now

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god comparing Reid to Mays .... Mays was a good athlete but bad safety who was only drafted because he played at USC even his coach passed hint or the vastly superior Earl Thomas. Reid is a good safety don't mistake I disliked trading up for him as me disliking the player. Reid will be a quality safety but the draft was deep with solid safeties and we could have gotten similar with Cyprien or Swearinger. That said like what I have seen from Reid this far.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
and we could have gotten similar with Cyprien or Swearinger.

I'm still all alone on the Reid bandwagon huh?

I thought Reid was easily the best safety in the draft, and I'm a lot happier with Reid than those other 2 guys. I say Baalke made a great move.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still all alone on the Reid bandwagon huh?

I thought Reid was easily the best safety in the draft, and I'm a lot happier with Reid than those other 2 guys. I say Baalke made a great move.

Huh? A bunch of people really liked Reid, including myself. Just because I didn't think he was THE best S prospect, doesn't mean he wasn't a damn good one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Huh? A bunch of people really liked Reid, including myself. Just because I didn't think he was THE best S prospect, doesn't mean he wasn't a damn good one.

Let me rephrase: I guess I'm alone on the Reid-is-the-best-safety-in-the-draft-and-significantly-better-than-the-likes-of-Cyprien-and-Swearinger bandwagon.

...maybe I'm alone in that bandwagon because people can't read the small print & don't know what it is. :)

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised you left Vaccaro off your list. Not sure declaring him better than vaccaro is a slam dunk. If you are going to rate all safeties of last years draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Surprised you left Vaccaro off your list. Not sure declaring him better than vaccaro is a slam dunk. If you are going to rate all safeties of last years draft.

Vaccaro was my annual bust pick. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as advertised. JMHO. I've been wrong before.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaccaro has looked pretty solid thus far in preseason. I think Vacarro will be the best safety in the draft not by much over Reid who I considered second. But I also believe Cyprien and Swearinger while both slightly behind Reid would have had value without trading up for Reid. I think Reid will develop into a solid Safety who very well might get a pro bowl nod or three in his career. I still think though he will be a close second to Earl Thomas as the best safety in the NFC West. and Yes Earl Thomas was my draft crush of that years draft. And as I said in the draft threads even though I thought Vaccaro will develop into a stud I would not have traded up for him either.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let me rephrase: I guess I'm alone on the Reid-is-the-best-safety-in-the-draft-and-significantly-better-than-the-likes-of-Cyprien-and-Swearinger bandwagon.

...maybe I'm alone in that bandwagon because people can't read the small print & don't know what it is. :)

haaaaa

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Reid was my 3rd rated safety behind Kenny V. and Honey Badger.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had him #2 and was really happy when we drafted him. Right now he is looking like #1

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like Cyprien at where we were originally drafting...

but moving up to Reid I didnt have a problem and the forecast looks good ATM...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had him #2 and was really happy when we drafted him. Right now he is looking like #1

Really? So far I think he has done an adequate job but nothing has stood out as exceptional; not even close.

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Elam was the best safety in the draft, and while I like Reid, we should have stayed put and drafted Elam.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Elam flagged for not laying out Greg Olsen

elamflagged_medium.gif

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/I][/B]

Really? So far I think he has done an adequate job but nothing has stood out as exceptional; not even close.

He is an exceptional tackler. I didn't see him miss one so far.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Matt Elam flagged for not laying out Greg Olsen

elamflagged_medium.gif

Thank you for posting that! I went on a tirade about this when it happened. I hope that was just a preseason flag because it was the most pussy unnecessary roughness penalty I've ever seen.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He led with his helmet and it was right in front of the ref. Surely you've seen worse penalties than that?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He led with his helmet and it was right in front of the ref. Surely you've seen worse penalties than that?

I have seen worse penalties, but that was pretty ticky tack. Not sure how you lead with your shoulder and prevent your helmet from making contact. But i guess these days, if the player is unprotected and your helmet touches anywhere near his head... its a penalty. Just thought they should have let that one go.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Maybe I exaggerated a little now that I think about it, but it was still pretty lame.

And he didn't lead with his helmet. He just didn't sever his head for a couple of seconds & put it back on like the NFL expects defensive players to do. where the hell else was he supposed to put his head if not there? That was anything but leading with the helmet.