• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nnamdi asomugha Trade

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we can get this guy for a little nothing now. He has had two season in Philly and that scheme doesnt fit for him. What is his worth?

Alex Smith and Parys Haralson for Nnamdi
or
4th round pick ?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think we can get this guy for a little nothing now. He has had two season in Philly and that scheme doesnt fit for him. What is his worth?

or
4th round pick ?

Well technically, we can't get him "now." In the offseason, however, I wouldn't take him for free. His contract is way too big.

By the way, I took a lot of heat for saying it would be dumb to sign this guy when I pointed out that it's worked out maybe once or twice in history when an NFL team has signed a CB his age to a huge contract.

P.S. Haralson has no trade value.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or
4th round pick ?

Haralson no longer plays for the 49ers does he?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People say he has slipped. It should be easy to watch film on Asomugha to find out. Just find the guy with the ball and the guy trailing him by 5 yards will be Asomugha

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want that Eagles Garbage

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much point in a trade for him, his play has declined so his contract is way too rich for what is looking like a new regime in Philly. There have already been stories that if he doesn't restructure they'll cut him. Think about it, they went all in on him to form the dream team, but the dream team fizzled so his pricetag isn't worth to the Eagles without the Super Bowls

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aging and declining. I'll pass. I want to see Cully take over for Rogers anyway. Get Banks in the draft if he is there.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thank you, dude is on the decline.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thank you, dude is on the decline.

But Alex is already gone, might as well trade him and if we trade Harralson, hopefully he clears physically but doesn't make us miss him. Take the pick and Asomugha. How big is his contract, though?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But Alex is already gone, might as well trade him and if we trade Harralson, hopefully he clears physically but doesn't make us miss him. Take the pick and Asomugha. How big is his contract, though?

His contract is enormous.

I don't think anyone is going to pick Alex's contract up at 9 million next season. They'll wait for him to be cut. There aren't any teams like the Niners were last year where there's great talent everywhere except QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone is going to pick Alex's contract up at 9 million next season. They'll wait for him to be cut. There aren't any teams like the Niners were last year where there's great talent everywhere except QB.

Oh ok, nevermind with that contract.

And yes, no one's going to trade for Alex, I was just taking the OP's hypothetical trade and saying that it would be better to trade Alex than to cut him, even for a declining player - but the contract negated that.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere, I dont remember where, that there is only ten CB that have allowed more yds than NNamdi. I didnt really pay much attention to it until this thread came to be.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read somewhere, I dont remember where, that there is only ten CB that have allowed more yds than NNamdi. I didnt really pay much attention to it until this thread came to be.

Hmm, every list I can find has Nnamdi in the high 20s to low 30s for that category.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chiefs are certainly on that level where they are talented everywhere expect QB. I don't think anyone will take on his contract though. Chiefs have Charles at RB, Bowe (maybe), Baldwin, Breaston and McCluster at WR, Moeaki at TE, although they do have some holes on the OL. Their defense is absoltely stacked and loaded with 1st rounders. They are short a QB and new coaching staff. There is no reason that they aren't in contention for that division.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are certainly on that level where they are talented everywhere expect QB. I don't think anyone will take on his contract though. Chiefs have Charles at RB, Bowe (maybe), Baldwin, Breaston and McCluster at WR, Moeaki at TE, although they do have some holes on the OL. Their defense is absoltely stacked and loaded with 1st rounders. They are short a QB and new coaching staff. There is no reason that they aren't in contention for that division.

Schlereth on Mike and Mike suggested Roman/Smith to Arizona. Maybe Kansas City was more like it? Nah, just a thought. I want Roman to stay and don't think Roman would keep Smith per se. Smith would have to think he was a stopgap again, even if he was doing well for himself, but to start with someone familiar, he might still do it. He could actually compete against Manning. ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Y'know, the Chiefs are close, but I don't think they're a QB away from being a contender.