• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nnamdi asomugha Trade

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schlereth on Mike and Mike suggested Roman/Smith to Arizona. Maybe Kansas City was more like it? Nah, just a thought. I want Roman to stay and don't think Roman would keep Smith per se. Smith would have to think he was a stopgap again, even if he was doing well for himself, but to start with someone familiar, he might still do it. He could actually compete against Manning. ;)

I think that anywhere Smith goes, he's likely to be a stopgap. He is at the point in his career where his starting years are numbered but he isn't quite yet a full time back up. I don't see any team investing long term in him as a starter.

BTW I REALLY hope Roman doesn't go anywhere.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know, the Chiefs are close, but I don't think they're a QB away from being a contender.

No, not a contender but they are a QB (and new HC) away from being a playoff team. They do still have a couple holes on the OL and they could use a second CB since they let Brandon Carr walk in favor or Routt who they have since cut. But they are pretty close. New QB and HC and they are in the playoffs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aso is no where as good as advertised... I take my CBs over him... unless it's for Cox... lol

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schlereth on Mike and Mike suggested Roman/Smith to Arizona. Maybe Kansas City was more like it? Nah, just a thought. I want Roman to stay and don't think Roman would keep Smith per se. Smith would have to think he was a stopgap again, even if he was doing well for himself, but to start with someone familiar, he might still do it. He could actually compete against Manning. ;)

roman seems to prefer a qb who can throw downfield. if norv pops up somewhere i could see him going for smith.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex going to Chiefs can be Joe Montanta 2.0

The Chiefs are certainly on that level where they are talented everywhere expect QB. I don't think anyone will take on his contract though. Chiefs have Charles at RB, Bowe (maybe), Baldwin, Breaston and McCluster at WR, Moeaki at TE, although they do have some holes on the OL. Their defense is absoltely stacked and loaded with 1st rounders. They are short a QB and new coaching staff. There is no reason that they aren't in contention for that division.

Alex going to Chiefs can be Joe Montanta 2.0 they are desperate. They couls get Alex for 2nd round pick and trade there 1st overall pick for a top 5 spot and additional picks.
This years quarterback class is like 2005 slim pickings.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex going to Chiefs can be Joe Montanta 2.0 they are desperate. They couls get Alex for 2nd round pick and trade there 1st overall pick for a top 5 spot and additional picks.
This years quarterback class is like 2005 slim pickings.

Jordan, I don't think anyone is going to give up a second round pick for Alex Smith.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roman seems to prefer a qb who can throw downfield. if norv pops up somewhere i could see him going for smith.

Depends on where he goes. If he gets a HC job, it's for a bad team who just fired their HC. He might want someone who knows his system and was playing well in it. Obviously,we can't expect Smith to do as well on a team without as good of running or defense, but what would be the alternative? Next year's free agents look like Michael Vick, Alex Smith, and who else? The draft isn't that strong. I'm not claiming that Smith is great or that Roman definitely wants Smith, just saying it isn't as open and shut as Smith = can't throw downfield = don't want.

I agree with the Norv comment and I think depending on the team, that could be his best option. Where would Norv go? Arizona, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Kansas City...? Best team scenario for Smith would be Norv/Roman to Philadelphia with him as their QB. The press and fans would be ruthless, but that's his best shot before going to the bench. He could last longer on a bad team, but I think he might do it. For length, the best option would be Kansas City and Arizona. I rule out Tennessee because of Locker but you never know what Norv or Roman would do. I assume they'd go with Locker.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jordan, I don't think anyone is going to give up a second round pick for Alex Smith.

I know, I just want us to "pimp" a team for a nice draft pick or player in return. The Patriots and Lakers do it all the time. "But thats basketball"

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Depends on where he goes. If he gets a HC job, it's for a bad team who just fired their HC. He might want someone who knows his system and was playing well in it. Obviously,we can't expect Smith to do as well on a team without as good of running or defense, but what would be the alternative? Next year's free agents look like Michael Vick, Alex Smith, and who else? The draft isn't that strong. I'm not claiming that Smith is great or that Roman definitely wants Smith, just saying it isn't as open and shut as Smith = can't throw downfield = don't want.

I agree with the Norv comment and I think depending on the team, that could be his best option. Where would Norv go? Arizona, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Kansas City...? Best team scenario for Smith would be Norv/Roman to Philadelphia with him as their QB. The press and fans would be ruthless, but that's his best shot before going to the bench. He could last longer on a bad team, but I think he might do it. For length, the best option would be Kansas City and Arizona. I rule out Tennessee because of Locker but you never know what Norv or Roman would do. I assume they'd go with Locker.

If Roman left, we can just pull someone from Standford and promote oh QB coach