• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: San Francisco Giants vs. Chicago Cubs

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the 2nd baseman isn't at the bag the SS throws to first, if its gonna be a bang bang play the throw goes to first. These guys are pro's, catching the ball and finding the bag is something they have done a million times, so like I said none of the things you mentioned happened on that play if they did the throw would have gone to first.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot Baez posing again instead of running. He does this a lot

Yep, he's a low IQ player that doesn't know you have to run. I thought last night would've been a learning experience after he walked to 1rst base and it only was a HR by an inch due to the wall. Also, learn how to slide dumb dumb. You're supposed to learn that in babe ruth.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 2nd baseman isn't at the bag the SS throws to first, if its gonna be a bang bang play the throw goes to first. These guys are pro's, catching the ball and finding the bag is something they have done a million times, so like I said none of the things you mentioned happened on that play if they did the throw would have gone to first.
No need to have to make pre decisions or split decisions on all of those variables. Just take the variables out and throw s routine throw to 1b. There's hardly NO downside

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to have to make pre decisions or split decisions on all of those variables. Just take the variables out and throw s routine throw to 1b. There's hardly NO downside

Well the fact that 99 times out 100 a shortstop makes the throw to 2nd in that situation is because it's easier kinda proves my point.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the fact that 99 times out 100 a shortstop makes the throw to 2nd in that situation is because it's easier kinda proves my point.
No. that's not an argument. I'm saying it shouldn't happen. Saying it does happened isn't an argument. IS isn't an argument against SHOULD.

The fact that men used to slap their wives doesn't mean it should happen

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Kris Bryant always pisses me off. All of those top prospects for the Royals... best farm system ever, blah, blah. Seeing Eric Hosmer pound umpteen thousand GB's reminds me of when Jose Bautista was a Royal, but more power. Unreal how good Bryant is so early in his career.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. that's not an argument. I'm saying it shouldn't happen. Saying it does happened isn't an argument. IS isn't an argument against SHOULD.

It should happen is the point, whats more likely to happen an error on the SS throwing to 2nd or 1st? You are saying it shouldn't happen but every baseball player and manager thinks it should, again if the 2nd baseman isn't in position or the runner that's running to 2nd is close to the bag the throw goes to first.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should happen is the point, whats more likely to happen an error on the SS throwing to 2nd or 1st? You are saying it shouldn't happen but every baseball player and manager thinks it should, again if the 2nd baseman isn't in position or the runner that's running to 2nd is close to the bag the throw goes to first.
More variables in throw to 2nd. Routine throw to 1st on routine grounder is much less volatile.
Even your own rationalization includes having to make split decisions. Makes no sense not to do a ROUTINE THROW TO FIRST

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More variables in throw to 2nd. Routine throw to 1st on routine grounder is much less volatile.

That's just not true, if you look at the number of balls thrown to 2nd by a shortstop and the number of throws by a shortstop made to first, which do you think leads to a higher % of errors? It's first and it's not close.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just not true, if you look at the number of balls thrown to 2nd by a shortstop and the number of throws by a shortstop made to first, which do you think leads to a higher % of errors? It's first and it's not close.
Not true? Runner can get great jump. 2B can be playing deep. 2B has to find bag while THROW is in progress. Why do I have to repeat what we already wrote. Those are all variables. 2B has to make longer run to bag. Like you said, if things don't line up, you have to decide to go to first.

Throw to first? All of those things are not present. That's taking out all those variables and just making s ROUTINE throw.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs are going to walk to the world series

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travis Wood has only the 2nd homer by a relief pitcher in post season history. Last one was 1924??

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my man, Rondon. Just don't throw in the dirt, bruh

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true? Runner can get great jump. 2B can be playing deep. 2B has to find bag while THROW is in progress. Why do I have to repeat what we already wrote. Those are all variables. 2B has to make longer run to bag. Like you said, if things don't line up, you have to decide to go to first.

Throw to first? All of those things are not present. That's taking out all those variables and just making s ROUTINE throw.

You don't have to repeat anything, you are wrong and don't know it.

If the runner gets a great jump the throw goes to first.

If the second baseman isn't in position the throw is to first, these are things I have already said.

Everyone in and around the game agrees with me.

These guys are the best of the best, this isn't pee wee's finding the bag it is something they could do in their sleep.

Which is more likely to happen an error on a throw from 20 feet or an error on a throw from 110 feet?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not all variables are created equally.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kind of surprised someone is legitimately arguing a throw to 2nd is more likely to be an error than a throw to first as a shortstop...