• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Wildcard Race

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is you are loyal to your team, win or lose, rather than putting them down all the time.

it's pretty lame. if you think your team is destined to suck from now until the end of time, why remain a fan?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty lame. if you think your team is destined to suck from now until the end of time, why remain a fan?
tenor.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers aren't the same team the Cardinals swept three weeks ago. Looks like they might return the favor.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you remain a loyal Wake Forest fan knowing they might suck until the end of time?

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you remain a loyal Wake Forest fan knowing they might suck until the end of time?

woah, tough talk from the State fan :suds:

and tbh, I've never felt Wake would suck since the end of time. Since I started watching Wake sports, I have seen them be ranked #1 nationally in men's basketball on two separate occasions and I have seen them win the ACC in football. things have been a little bare since they fired Dino, sure, but I've always been confident that they would turn things around.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers aren't the same team the Cardinals swept three weeks ago. Looks like they might return the favor.

It's called 'revenge' or 'pay back' and it happens in all sports.

The highly advertised Dodgers pitching seems to be showing up at just the right time for them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called 'revenge' or 'pay back' and it happens in all sports.

The highly advertised Dodgers pitching seems to be showing up at just the right time for them.
Well, their roster is also better. Everyone focuses on their run differential and underachieving but they have Freese now on top of Machado maybe finding his groove.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a different, but equally important, question is: which WC team will ass-blast the Braves in the Divisional round?

i don't approve of this post

lmao, for some reason I thought this was a recent post. I didn't realize it was on page 1:doh:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woah, tough talk from the State fan :suds:

and tbh, I've never felt Wake would suck since the end of time. Since I started watching Wake sports, I have seen them be ranked #1 nationally in men's basketball on two separate occasions and I have seen them win the ACC in football. things have been a little bare since they fired Dino, sure, but I've always been confident that they would turn things around.

You made my point! NC State has sucked too in recent years but I remain loyal to them because they are my team, win or lose. I've also seen my Wolfpack hang two NCAA basketball championship banners in 1974 and 1983 during the good times along with winning some good football bowl games. But I don't just throw them under the bus and find another team when things are not going great.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made my point! NC State has sucked too in recent years but I remain loyal to them because they are my team, win or lose. I've also seen my Wolfpack hang two NCAA basketball championship banners in 1974 and 1983 during the good times along with winning some good football bowl games. But I don't just throw them under the bus and find another team when things are not going great.

exactly. tbh, i've always felt that it was only a matter of time before NCSU turned it around in both football and men's basketball. massive potential there, and you've already been there in men's basketball

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, their roster is also better. Everyone focuses on their run differential and underachieving but they have Freese now on top of Machado maybe finding his groove.

I agree about the Dodgers having a better roster but I also think the NL West teams in contention will continue to exchange wins and loses the rest of the way. As Yogi use to say "It ain't over til it's over."

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the Dodgers having a better roster but I also think the NL West teams in contention will continue to exchange wins and loses the rest of the way. As Yogi use to say "It ain't over til it's over."
It isnt over but the Cardinals but its not a good look heading into the final turn of the season.

Its been a fun season but I don't think Moz went all-in on winning a WS this year like the Dodgers did. And the Cubs have been doing.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are my Phillies done?

Suck my dick, no they’re not

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals don't want to make the playoffs

@Clayton @tomcat1
Honestly?

You walk downtown STL and the Cardinals have all of these massive expansions they've done and are doing to revitalize the area. Cardinals are building a team that can compete every year but they aren't taking any major risks. I think the conventional wisdom as a baseball fan would be to get Carlos Martinez back into the starter role next year, maybe Wacha back into a starter role next year and have a more experienced pitching staff so they can be built for the playoffs. Maybe add a fat bat or a solid glove in free agency.

This year was awesome but I'd probably put us at about a 20% chance of making the playoffs right now.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. tbh, i've always felt that it was only a matter of time before NCSU turned it around in both football and men's basketball. massive potential there, and you've already been there in men's basketball

As an ACC fan I have loved some of those Demon Deacons teams they have had over the years and especially when Tim Duncan played basketball there. I love their fight song too!

But let's be honest, when it comes to basketball, neither NC State or Wake Forest will win the recruiting wars against Duke or Carolina until Coach K leaves Duke and ole Roy leaves Carolina. In football it's a different story when it comes to recruiting since Dabo at Clemson continues to sign many of the best high school players in the nation and I don't see this changing as long as he remains there.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing that the Cards have come out flat this series, if they had won 3 of 4 they could have pushed the Dodgers to the brink of missing the postseason. Maybe they'll salvage a win Sunday and remain tied.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals don't want to make the playoffs

@Clayton @tomcat1

Just to add to what Clayton just told you so perfectly, 40,000+ fannys continue to fill the seats at every home game in Busch Stadium to support the Cardinals and this would not be happening at this point in the season if the Cardinals and their fans didn't want to make the playoffs. In addition to this we now have a manager who can manage who took over a team that was going nowhere at the all star break that was just one game over .500 and the Cardinals went on to win 9 straight series with a current record that is way over .500 which tells me the Cardinals would very much like to make the playoffs.