• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Wildcard Race

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 games left and yes they're hot now but LA is no joke either. And given Colorado just lost 2/3 to LA last week and LA has an easier schedule to finish the year talk to me in 10 games and let's see where things are. This same Rockies team who took 3/4 from Arizona also just split a 4 game series with SD a few weeks ago and they lucky to even do that they almost lost 3/4, doesn't exactly scream threat.

Are they a garbage team?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they a garbage team?

A lot of the time, yes. Their bullpen is wildly inconsistent, their starting pitching is unrealible, and their offense shows up either all at once or not at all.

They paid over $100 million for the bullpen this year and yet 2 of those guys are straight trash and while Wade Davis has the most saves of his career he also has more blown saves this year than the past four years combined. Their Ace had to be sent down to AAA because he was terrible, and now that Jon Gray is back he slightly less terrible and outside of really 1 pitcher they don’t have anyone who you can count on if you desperately need a win.

They don’t have that winning history that makes you feel like maybe it’s just a rough spot but they’ll bounce back, it’s exact opposite, they have such a losing history that you wonder how they’re going to blow it

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duffman The Rockies leading the division in mid September is awesome! 140+ games in, you should be over the moon about this team. All the teams are flawed, but at least the Rox aren't paying Dodger money and getting the same product.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duffman is the same fool that ripped the Broncos apart as being a "Garbage Team" the year they won SB50. He's a fair weather fan that turns his back on his team at the first bump in the road.

I don't take any of his analysis serious.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duffman The Rockies leading the division in mid September is awesome! 140+ games in, you should be over the moon about this team. All the teams are flawed, but at least the Rox aren't paying Dodger money and getting the same product.
He's one of those that are all doom and gloom on his teams all the time. That way he can say he was right when they don't win it all. If they do happen to win it all, he'll tell us that they don't look good for next year.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s right though.

The Rockies run differential is +5. Roughly the equivalent of a .500 team.

They are somehow overachieving.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does look like its coming down to either the Dodgers, Cardinals or Rockies missing the cut.

That Dodgers lineup looks like it could put up ten runs every night if they get even remotely hot. Not sure how many more games the Cards can steal from their bullpen this year but they'll need at least 2 more.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s right though.

The Rockies run differential is +5. Roughly the equivalent of a .500 team.

They are somehow overachieving.

Does anyone know the last team to make the playoffs with a negative run differential? The 2007 Arizona Diamondbacks and they were -22.
2007. Teams who can’t hold leads or score runs don’t make the playoffs. Up until yesterday the Rockies had a negative run differential and they’ve been that way all year.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know the last team to make the playoffs with a negative run differential? The 2007 Arizona Diamondbacks and they were -22.
2007. Teams who can’t hold leads or score runs don’t make the playoffs. Up until yesterday the Rockies had a negative run differential and they’ve been that way all year.

You are right about the run differential and I agree it's rare for teams to succeed when they don't score as much as their opponent, but baseball is a strange game and your team currently sits 1.5 games in 1st.

Will they be there at the end? I don't know, but just go with it. Usually baseball in Colorado gets forgotten as soon as Bronco training camp starts. This season the Rox are making it interesting.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves are in barring a complete meltdown magic # 10
Cubs/brewers fight for division and loser 1st WC
dodgers/rockies fight for west and loser fights cards for 2nd WC:suds:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of those that are all doom and gloom on his teams all the time. That way he can say he was right when they don't win it all. If they do happen to win it all, he'll tell us that they don't look good for next year.

Myles, Check your local TV listings but I think you will be able to watch the Dodgers at the Cardinals on Saturday at 1:00PM (EASTERN) on FOX.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does look like its coming down to either the Dodgers, Cardinals or Rockies missing the cut.

That Dodgers lineup looks like it could put up ten runs every night if they get even remotely hot. Not sure how many more games the Cards can steal from their bullpen this year but they'll need at least 2 more.

Clayton, Our bullpen really scares me!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, Our bullpen really scares me!
If I'm being honest, what worries me is that I think Yadier is out of gas and at some point the Cardinals are going to start Adam Wainwright and he is going to get rocked.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm being honest, what worries me is that I think Yadier is out of gas and at some point the Cardinals are going to start Adam Wainwright and he is going to get rocked.

Clayton, Both points you made worry me too. If Yadier is out of gas neither Pena or Kelly can hit or be a manager on the field like Yadier is and from what I am hearing and reading Wainwright is on schedule to make his next start in the rotation with the proper rest.

What's wrong with putting Martinez back into the starting rotation since he has looked good recently in the bullpen? I guess the simple answer is that Hicks cannot throw strikes and Norris is not a dependable closer. Your thoughts?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves are in barring a complete meltdown magic # 10
Cubs/brewers fight for division and loser 1st WC
dodgers/rockies fight for west and loser fights cards for 2nd WC:suds:

Arizona done?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the time, yes. Their bullpen is wildly inconsistent, their starting pitching is unrealible, and their offense shows up either all at once or not at all.

They paid over $100 million for the bullpen this year and yet 2 of those guys are straight trash and while Wade Davis has the most saves of his career he also has more blown saves this year than the past four years combined. Their Ace had to be sent down to AAA because he was terrible, and now that Jon Gray is back he slightly less terrible and outside of really 1 pitcher they don’t have anyone who you can count on if you desperately need a win.

They don’t have that winning history that makes you feel like maybe it’s just a rough spot but they’ll bounce back, it’s exact opposite, they have such a losing history that you wonder how they’re going to blow it

I wish my team was as shitty as yours.