• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL ball for two with the Dodgers.....8/28-29th

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they will ramp up Palumbo's innings slowly. He will only get about 50 innings this year. Do you expect them to more than double that amount next year?

He might get one more start. Thought I read that. But he started late so perhaps that may factor into the low amount. They are limiting innings per start but seems like he gets 5 innings with no problem. Will be interesting if they shut him down or let him play winter ball

I am not thinking he is called up this year but may be next year after ASB. That still allows him to be conservative innings wise prior to this and they can shut him down in September if needed. Then he is ready to go in 2020. But yes they should protect his innings count along the way and it would be foolish to think he could be full strength and shoot for 175-200 innings in 2020.
All of this is of course best case scenario

I think they have to ambitious for him due to him being rostered already.

This is what goes against Matuella who I hoped would do well. Wonder if he is a roster casualty

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to those fans who want a WS and not just an 85 win team.

Besides, we are bringing up position players to this team almost every year to show the fans something. Our pitching is just not ready to make an impact for the next two seasons. There are more position players on the way as well.

The improvement in the club is an actuality, but the bulk of the improvement won't arrive to this level for a couple of years.
I am not arguing with you, we both want the same thing we just have different opinions of how proceed toward that end. I want about 85% of your plan with the team moving forward with signing top line FA's as the rest of the plan

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing with you, we both want the same thing we just have different opinions of how proceed toward that end. I want about 85% of your plan with the team moving forward with signing top line FA's as the rest of the plan
Yeah, I am with you on going after free agents. I just think it will have to be a year or two later than you are expecting. No problems in disagreeing though. There is a lot to unfold and it will be interesting to see how things go.

There is always a chance that they make another Cliff Lee type trade if they cannot sign a top pitcher.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 20 August Trade Candidates

Choo made this list. Derek Holland is very high on this list.

In the "also considered" section is one Yovanni Gallardo. He was there along with Chris Martin, Adrian Beltre and Elvis.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am with you on going after free agents. I just think it will have to be a year or two later than you are expecting. No problems in disagreeing though. There is a lot to unfold and it will be interesting to see how things go.

There is always a chance that they make another Cliff Lee type trade if they cannot sign a top pitcher.
all very probable. with all the regular free agent losses, possible/probable cuts from the 40-man roster it wouldn't surprise me to see the Rangers concentrate more testing prospects at the MLB level next year and only signing 1 maybe 2 free agents. I could see us going with a 6-man rotation built around Minor & a free agent with Jurado, Mendez, Hernandez & Hutchinson/Bibens-Dirkx rotating around them.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all very probable. with all the regular free agent losses, possible/probable cuts from the 40-man roster it wouldn't surprise me to see the Rangers concentrate more testing prospects at the MLB level next year and only signing 1 maybe 2 free agents. I could see us going with a 6-man rotation built around Minor & a free agent with Jurado, Mendez, Hernandez & Hutchinson/Bibens-Dirkx rotating around them.
Rowley and Sampson are guys who could get a look in our rotation next year. If they are going to consider guys who only made it to AA this year for next year's rotation then Benjamin and Pena had better numbers this year than Hernandez did at Frisco.

I guess Gallardo might be back with us next year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 20 August Trade Candidates

Choo made this list. Derek Holland is very high on this list.

In the "also considered" section is one Yovanni Gallardo. He was there along with Chris Martin, Adrian Beltre and Elvis.

Last chance today to get to the trade table. Tomorrow starts the call up parade although more games in MILB to finish out. Nothing on the immediate radar although there is still looks to be a market for relievers

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law projects Hernandez as a reliever. Bet he and Hearn get a ST invite and someone makes it up sometime next year

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am lucky I don’t get what I deserve at times. SL goes the high road

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Donaldson hasn't played since May and he is expected to be traded today. I guess there is a big market for gimpy third-basemen not named Beltre.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rowley and Sampson are guys who could get a look in our rotation next year. If they are going to consider guys who only made it to AA this year for next year's rotation then Benjamin and Pena had better numbers this year than Hernandez did at Frisco.

I guess Gallardo might be back with us next year.
anything is possible but again I think we use next season to look at these prospects with Minor and a free agent starter being the core of the starting rotation. hopefully they don't waste millions on some medical rehab or level 3, 4 or 5 starter

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything is possible but again I think we use next season to look at these prospects with Minor and a free agent starter being the core of the starting rotation. hopefully they don't waste millions on some medical rehab or level 3, 4 or 5 starter

In frame 102 you wanted top line FA's (plural). Big money difference. Explain.:noidea:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In frame 102 you wanted top line FA's (plural). Big money difference. Explain.:noidea:
over the next few years I hope the Rangers pick up quality FA's starting with 1 or 2 this off-season. no matter how much faith we have in our prospects I believe that it will be necessary for us to pick up FA's in some areas and I hope that we look for quality instead of wasting millions on the medical rehabs and low, low level players. instead of spending $18.5M on 4 low level free agents in 2018 and repeating that in 2019, how about signing 1 or 2 quality players for that amount or a couple million more that can be used to build around and utilize our kids to fill the roster. if Beltre retires and Andrus opts out, go with Guzman, Odor, Profar, Kiner-falefa, DeLeon and Ibanez in the infield. trade Chirinos and go with Trevino, Kiner-Falefa at catcher. outfield is difficult with us being stuck with Choo, but go with Mazara in RF, Heineman in CF and Gallo in LF with Calhoun as utility OF'er. say goodbye to Rua, Robinson and Deshields and send Tocci to AA where he belongs. not popular choices for some but I feel if we're going to rebuild then go all in in 2019 and not wait until 2020, 2021 or later

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.