• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners Trade for Stevie Johnson

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree, Boldin, Stevie and Lloyd with Vernon, get some of that shit

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With us not drafting a WR I think the front office still likes Patton and has hope for him

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like the WR corps for 2014 is set. They might go for a project like Jeff Janis in the late rounds, but I don't think there's a receiver left in the draft who'll play a single snap for the Niners this season.

Any chance we draft a QB, like Aaron Murray in the 4th? Or is Gabbert our QB of the future?? :scratch:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After Johnson pickup, receiver not as dire of a need | CSN Bay Area

Baalke said the trade came together after the Bills made a call to the 49ers on Thursday. The 49ers sent Buffalo a fourth-round pick in the 2015 draft. The selection can be upgraded to the third round if Johnson meets unspecified performance levels with the 49ers.

“They reached out to us yesterday when they made the pick for Sammy (Watkins),” Baalke said. “(They) floated a couple of options at us and we took a hard look at it. And it made sense. He’s a good football player, and you can never have enough good football players. We’re glad to have him.”

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was hoping they'd take a flier on Logan Thomas. Figure even if he doesn't work out at QB he might make a decent backup TE.

Pozz what do you think about Chuck Jacobs as a speed guy? Remember him burning a few deep during preseason but maybe my memory isn't so hot.

I think we still need to hit on OLB and CB. Maybe we grab Colvin to stash and let Cox/Wright fill in this year. Baalke has the eye to find a competitor this late though and he likes to grab at least one CB usually late.

So far the draft hasn't gone near where I thought it would and I'm pleased. Rather than take a risk on a WR we traded for a proven commodity that happens to play the slot well. We drafted a better version of Dixon's role in Hyde, and Baalke expressed that Lattimore is healthy and ready to compete. So we are loaded at RB with exciting prospects. Awesome news.

We reloaded at OL, with the top 1/2 ranked C in Martin and a mauling OG prospect in Thomas. Good depth/competition behind Iupati/Kilgore/Boone - and allows us to get rid of Snyder, be prepared if Iupati bolts in FA. Plus we bolstered OT by trading for Martin - included in the draft to me.

Ward is an unknown to me, didn't see his regular season games. The reports look good and he fills the Nickel role that was wide open. Plus gives us ST, insurance for Reid's concussions, and Bethea's understudy. If he really is that versatile maybe he can become the glue/"6th man" we needed.

Borland was a luxury pick. With Whilhoite I'm not sure why Baalke wanted an ILB at the owner's meetings but he found a great one in the draft. Now we have Zach Thomas 2.0 as a backup to the backup, that's how great our LB core is. Do we keep Moody for his ST speed or Borland for his instincts in the long haul?

Pretty cool offseason, gets me pumped. Luckily the World Cup will help keep me occupied and not thinking football for a few weeks.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was hoping they'd take a flier on Logan Thomas. Figure even if he doesn't work out at QB he might make a decent backup TE.

Pozz what do you think about Chuck Jacobs as a speed guy? Remember him burning a few deep during preseason but maybe my memory isn't so hot.

I think we still need to hit on OLB and CB. Maybe we grab Colvin to stash and let Cox/Wright fill in this year. Baalke has the eye to find a competitor this late though and he likes to grab at least one CB usually late.

So far the draft hasn't gone near where I thought it would and I'm pleased. Rather than take a risk on a WR we traded for a proven commodity that happens to play the slot well. We drafted a better version of Dixon's role in Hyde, and Baalke expressed that Lattimore is healthy and ready to compete. So we are loaded at RB with exciting prospects. Awesome news.

We reloaded at OL, with the top 1/2 ranked C in Martin and a mauling OG prospect in Thomas. Good depth/competition behind Iupati/Kilgore/Boone - and allows us to get rid of Snyder, be prepared if Iupati bolts in FA. Plus we bolstered OT by trading for Martin - included in the draft to me.

Ward is an unknown to me, didn't see his regular season games. The reports look good and he fills the Nickel role that was wide open. Plus gives us ST, insurance for Reid's concussions, and Bethea's understudy. If he really is that versatile maybe he can become the glue/"6th man" we needed.

Borland was a luxury pick. With Whilhoite I'm not sure why Baalke wanted an ILB at the owner's meetings but he found a great one in the draft. Now we have Zach Thomas 2.0 as a backup to the backup, that's how great our LB core is. Do we keep Moody for his ST speed or Borland for his instincts in the long haul?

Pretty cool offseason, gets me pumped. Luckily the World Cup will help keep me occupied and not thinking football for a few weeks.

He's not really a speed guy. It takes him a bit to get to his top gear which doesn't really max out as anything more than average at best. He's smart, though, and does a good job of finding enough space to catch. Good eyes while the ball is in the air, strong hands, and can extend outward if he needs to. I was hoping he'd get bigger in the NFL but the 49ers still list him only one pound heavier than he was the last time he was measured in college.

I still like him a lot as a practice squad, developmental guy. One of my favorites they've had stored in a while. In fact, I have more of an interest in seeing him get extended reps than I do Patton.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why did Buffy spend so much capital at the WR position???? drafted a WR and gave away a 2014 and 2015 1st and pay up for Mike Williams ...then trade away Johnson.... did we just buy an injury prone guy who might have some problems??? not trying to be a negative nancy here but something is fishy here...please draft Bryant today early just to shore up the postion for 2015.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why did Buffy spend so much capital at the WR position???? drafted a WR and gave away a 2014 and 2015 1st and pay up for Mike Williams ...then trade away Johnson.... did we just buy an injury prone guy who might have some problems??? not trying to be a negative nancy here but something is fishy here...please draft Bryant today early just to shore up the postion for 2015.

I wouldn't read too much into it as this is the Bills were talking about here.

The last time they had a draft pick outside the top 10 was in 09 when they had the 11th pick and they haven't had a pick outside the 12th pick since 05.

That's not exactly a sign of a model organization when you can't put together a winning team with that many high picks.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 248

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will see the good Johnson just because he is finally playing for a winner and its his home town.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy played with shitty Qb's and still had 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons with 6+Td's. And he is in his prime at 27 years old