• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners Trade for Stevie Johnson

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again a 26 year old franchise QB who in 2 years has taken a team to the SB and 1 play way from another SB trip, the kid is a stud and we are lucky as hell to have him

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Again a 26 year old franchise QB who in 2 years has taken a team to the SB and 1 play way from another SB trip, the kid is a stud and we are lucky as hell to have him

I won't disagree that he's a stud. Whether he's a great QB remains to be seen.

And Alex Smith took us within one play of a super bowl.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the addition of SJ, Kap has all the targets he needs....agreed if they all stay healthy. He has this season to see if he can read the field and not be a one read QB or the 9ers need to start looking to the future.I hope he does great and this new season the 9ers become a top offense. I know part of this is on the play calling but Kap had a bit to do with the problem.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said he didn't have flaws. He isn't a 1 read option. A 1 read option doesn't make it to the super bowl and 2 NFC championship games. Stats will show he was at least a 2 read option QB. He got the ball to VD and Boldin. Now he will have 4 options and I bet he uses all 4.

U also sound like you have no clue when you say he needs more film work then Weight room. Harbaugh and Baalke have said no one watches more film then Kap on the team. Don't listen to the Media when they have no clue whats going on behind closed doors.

I'm not sure you understand what one read QB is. Just because Boldin & VD caught alot of passes doesn't mean he didn't throw to his 1st read. It could have meant that either Davis or Boldin was his 1st read.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing to two players doesn't mean you aren't a one-read QB. On some plays, Boldin was the first read. On other plays, Davis was the first read. Hell, on some plays, Bruce Miller was the first read. Throwing to "secondary" receivers doesn't mean that guy isn't the first read on a given play.

Although I believe that Kap does spend a fair bit of time in the film room, if the starting QB wasn't spending more time watching film than everyone else on the team, we'd have a serious problem.

:agree: guess I should have continue to read the thread. But I should have known that my boy Crimson would drop some knowledge on pur's statement

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS. Look, Kap led a great comeback in that game, but he played poorly early on. If the D hadn't completely shut down the Ravens' offense in the second half, the comeback would have been completely irrelevant.

nope disagree

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: These guys have no clue. Some times I think they aren't even 49er fans or they miss the years of losing. Just don't get it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree that he's a stud. Whether he's a great QB remains to be seen.

And Alex Smith took us within one play of a super bowl.

After what 7 years or something like that. This kid took us to the Super Bowl in his 1st year and in his 2nd year took us to the NFC championship game. I will take it.

No one is saying he is great yet. Yes he still needs to improve but overall he is headed in the right direction.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purgs is giving multiple 'thumbs down' lately. Tread lightly! :whistle:

Because their posts make no sense or just looking to have an argument. I also give thumbs up when they post something I disagree with. Even though Crimson and I go back and forth a lot I do give him thumbs up. Calling him a 1 read QB is just stupid.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nope disagree

Well you're wrong. The D allowed six points in the second half, three of them coming off a somewhat dubious (at least given how the game was called) PI penalty.

Kap had a decent second drive, leading the team to three points. He was in the process of putting together another solid drive when James fumbled. Then, with the Niners trailing 14-3, he threw an awful, awful INT in Niners territory. Fortunately, the D sniffed out the fake FG to get the ball back. On the next drive, Kap took a sack on 3rd and 2 from the Baltimore 9. And on the next drive (first of the second half), he took a sack on 2nd and 7 which set up an unsuccessful third and long. He wasn't abysmal, but he didn't play well and didn't sustain drives. And his INT could have effectively ended the game before it really began if not for Willis' heads-up play on the fake FG.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After what 7 years or something like that. This kid took us to the Super Bowl in his 1st year and in his 2nd year took us to the NFC championship game. I will take it.

No one is saying he is great yet. Yes he still needs to improve but overall he is headed in the right direction.

I will take it, too. I'm just expecting more next year. Frankly, quite a lot more given the new and improved cast.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whats great about the Alex Smith trade is we Got Tank, Lemonier, Johnson,Hyde and Borland. Not bad trade for us.

Niners turn Alex Smith trade into five players - NFL.com

Yeah, that's not really the trade, though. We used a third rounder we already had for Lemonier, just used a late pick from the Smith trade (actually, I think it was from the trade back when we picked Tank) to get him. He shouldn't really count at all. And Johnson wasn't the same pick. Even so, that trade could turn into three starters at some point down the road. It's a nice haul for a guy many thought we'd just let walk before Harbaugh arrived.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a lot of players from that Smith trade that gave us extra picks, we get the better and younger QB plus the extra picks to get these guys the past 2 years, again the 49ers brass dominates the NFL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take it, too. I'm just expecting more next year. Frankly, quite a lot more given the new and improved cast.

:agree: I expect more this year to. I think we are set up to win a super bowl this year.

I just want to point out Roman and Harbaugh has to do a better job with play calling. I know Kap gets a hit for bad plays but lets be honest those play calls at the end of the game just doesn't make sense. Against Ravens and Seattle I would of kept running it or at least in the Ravens game run it once. I feel like the staff likes to go for the Home run every time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's not really the trade, though. We used a third rounder we already had for Lemonier, just used a late pick from the Smith trade (actually, I think it was from the trade back when we picked Tank) to get him. He shouldn't really count at all. And Johnson wasn't the same pick. Even so, that trade could turn into three starters at some point down the road. It's a nice haul for a guy many thought we'd just let walk before Harbaugh arrived.

how can u say its wrong. Alex smith trade gave us a shot at all those players. So yes they do count. Check the link out. It might help you.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I expect more this year to. I think we are set up to win a super bowl this year.

I just want to point out Roman and Harbaugh has to do a better job with play calling. I know Kap gets a hit for bad plays but lets be honest those play calls at the end of the game just doesn't make sense. Against Ravens and Seattle I would of kept running it or at least in the Ravens game run it once. I feel like the staff likes to go for the Home run every time.

Roman has to be more creative with his playcalling. If everyone is healthy, Kap will have a full arsenal of receivers he can throw to and with the addition of Hyde, Niners should be better in the red zone. I just wished they drafted a taller receiver, but they could always draft one next year if Crabtree decides to go elsewhere. I too expect Kap to improve on his footwork, reads and progressions.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
how can u say its wrong. Alex smith trade gave us a shot at all those players. So yes they do count. Check the link out. It might help you.

I read the article. I even read the Peter King article (the relevant parts, anyway) upon which it was based.

This is pretty easy, I think. We picked Lemonier with the 88th pick, after trading the 93rd and the 216th pick. The 93rd pick was our pre-existing pick in the third round; it had nothing to do with the Alex Smith trade. The 216th pick (in the 7th round) that we picked up as part of trading back with Tennessee in the second round and tossed in to make the five-spot move in the third is an afterthought in that package. As such, it is absolutely ludicrous to say that Lemonier is part of the Alex Smith trade bounty.

And we traded our own conditional 4th next year for Stevie Johnson, while netting Denver's 4th through trading the 56th pick. The pick we traded to Buffalo - which was not in any way connected to the Alex Smith trade - could end up being a 3rd. We recouped the pick using ammo from the Alex Smith trade, but the Smith trade won't be complete until we use Denver's pick next year. If Stevie doesn't hit the conditions that trigger a third-round pick, and if our pick and Denver's are fairly close to one another, then it's basically harmless to simply consider them to be one and the same. Can't do that right now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roman has to be more creative with his playcalling. If everyone is healthy, Kap will have a full arsenal of receivers he can throw to and with the addition of Hyde, Niners should be better in the red zone. I just wished they drafted a taller receiver, but they could always draft one next year if Crabtree decides to go elsewhere. I too expect Kap to improve on his footwork, reads and progressions.

The pressure is on Roman to come up with a more diverse and effective offensive attack. It seems like our offense really stagnated last season, and that can't happen this year. I also think the pressure is on Morton to develop Patton and Ellington. Neither of these guys is a finished product, and both were taken in the 4th, but both were talked about as going as early as the early second round. If Morton can't develop them into contributors by 2016 at the absolute latest, we may as well just stop drafting WRs.