• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners trade for Jonathan Martin.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Earl's version was my favorite. Bubs "sponsor"..... Also Steve Earl. (Waylon). Great show, more than great really.

They changed the version of the song every season but I liked the Blind Boys version best. I love the black man's blues! Something about the tone and tenor of the voices. I agree though that Steve Earle is a very talented musician. I liked the Copperhead Road album.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top of the NFC was better. As a whole the AFC was.

This statement is somewhat silly considering that it seems that the Cards were the epicenter of these comments and they have to play the two best teams in the NFL twice each season and they still went 10-6.

AFC=Eastern Conference in NBA
NFC=Western Conference in NBA

Just because the Jets were 8-8, doesn't mean they were any good, especially if they got fat playing shit teams like the dysfunctional Dolphins, Buffalo, Browns, Raiders, Texans, etc.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were better than you last year and we will be again. :nod:

:laugh3:

Good one.

You guys didn't win the Super Bowl either. You lost to the champion. For the last three years you've lost to the champion. Well, guess what, we lost to the team who lost to the champion, so there! Let's see you say that! AND, we lost by more! Take that.

Ok, that last one was fake, but that's what it sounds like.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND we got Gabbert? Can anyone stop us now? We are set.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes ,the 9ers are making a splash in the FA market....too bad it is at the shallow end of the pool.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes ,the 9ers are making a splash in the FA market....too bad it is at the shallow end of the pool.

More like a slip and slide. We keep getting scrubs, while other teams are getting viable players.

Yay, Niners!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like a slip and slide. We keep getting scrubs, while other teams are getting viable players.

Yay, Niners!

Bot sure what you were expecting. The 49ers front office lt it be known for quite some time they were not going to be big players in the free agent market.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND we got Gabbert? Can anyone stop us now? We are set.

LOL! I just hope Gabbert doesn't send Martin any mean texts after the first block he misses that gets Gabbert flattened.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yay, Niners!
I hear that! The Broncos are gearing up to win a SB. The 9ers are gearing up to do what? The Gabbert signing will lead to no choice but to give Kap a raise this season or be the starter making less money than the back-up....again. The Martin signing will just lead to publicity and disrupt further the talk of 9er internal issues. This is just my opinion on this and I'm sure others will disagree.I'm not saying every FA the 9ers are gathering are really even that bad....just that they are not much above what we had in the beginning.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hear that! The Broncos are gearing up to win a SB. The 9ers are gearing up to do what? The Gabbert signing will lead to no choice but to give Kap a raise this season or be the starter making less money than the back-up....again. The Martin signing will just lead to publicity and disrupt further the talk of 9er internal issues. This is just my opinion on this and I'm sure others will disagree.I'm not saying every FA the 9ers are gathering are really even that bad....just that they are not much above what we had in the beginning.

Step away from the ledge. It's ok. This is how Baalke works. Breathe.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good, Broncos will be in salary cap hell soon. They are going all in right now. What are they going to do when they have to sign Both Thomas's. Also they just lost Decker. So it comes with a cost when you over spend like this. Yes great moves for them but if they don't win next year its a waste.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step away from the ledge. It's ok. This is how Baalke works. Breathe.
:lol: I'm good. I'm just not a 'In Baalke We Trust' homer fan. I question moves that I feel aren't the best that could have been done. These two FA signings could have been picked in the upcoming draft to better the team IMO. I guess we needed a vet. QB but Gabbert wasn't on anyones radar here I'm sure. I don't even consider him a veteran.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good, Broncos will be in salary cap hell soon. They are going all in right now. What are they going to do when they have to sign Both Thomas's. Also they just lost Decker. So it comes with a cost when you over spend like this. Yes great moves for them but if they don't win next year its a waste.
True about spending too much. The Lombardi helps ease that pain...ask DeBartolo.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
:lol: I'm good. I'm just not a 'In Baalke We Trust' homer fan. I question moves that I feel aren't the best that could have been done. These two FA signings could have been picked in the upcoming draft to better the team IMO. I guess we needed a vet. QB but Gabbert wasn't on anyones radar here I'm sure. I don't even consider him a veteran.

You don't get a guy with martin's talent in the seventh round, and the niners were big fans of Gabbert in the draft. Maybe Gabert needs a better organization to play for. I'm sure he will be fine for a back up.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get a guy with martin's talent in the seventh round, and the niners were big fans of Gabbert in the draft. Maybe Gabert needs a better organization to play for. I'm sure he will be fine for a back up.
Possible that Gabbert will be a great back-up. Where does that leave Kap? He will earn less this season.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thje rumour on Martin is that the 9ers are putting up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him...have you heard differently?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Do people not read all the posts made on this forum? Here is a quote from cdumler7 explaining in the Ware thread what the Broncos have been trying to do. Baalke has a different approach, but Elway has been working out pretty well for Denver so far.

Well essentially here is how it boils down. The Broncos have drafted well having about half their team on rookie contracts. The rest of the deals they front loaded so they paid a lot last year meaning they would have a ton of Cap Space this year and next. Throw in then the Broncos cut/retired 2 of their top 5 contracts on the team with Champ and Kuper. There was very little dead money between the two of them. So essentially what the Broncos were paying those two they just transferred over to paying Talib and Ward. Ware then is the first guy to actually cut into any of the actual cap space before cuts for the Broncos. They actually still have a decent amount left to go make a couple more signings if they want.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thje rumour on Martin is that the 9ers are putting up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him...have you heard differently?

Niners are giving up a conditional pick which means either 6th or 7th rd pick. Read the rest of the thread if you're still confused.