• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners trade for Jonathan Martin.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, I nailed the Jon Martin trade too.

Maybe I kind of know what I'm talking about with these contracts.

But yet you keep saying "maybe." Just kidding.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good, Broncos will be in salary cap hell soon. They are going all in right now. What are they going to do when they have to sign Both Thomas's. Also they just lost Decker. So it comes with a cost when you over spend like this. Yes great moves for them but if they don't win next year its a waste.

I ain't a 49ers guy, but I thought the trades for Gabbert and Martin were pretty smart. Really gave up nothing for two former first rounders.

For Martin, maybe being back in the Bay and playing for Harbaugh again will make him want to go outside again. He makes a pretty nice backup T, though the entire OL is young enough that he shouldn't be viewed as a replacement guy in a season. Maybe a trade-bait guy in a year if he fills in for an injury or plays well.

Gabbert is just a third QB with potential. At such a cheap price, what the hell to see if he can come along with proper coaching and time to develop with no pressure.

I also thought Cook and Bethea were good, cheap middle-level guys who can play while keeping the cap in line.

The point that the Broncos are going all-in is a good one. They have to win this year or next as Father Time catches up with Manning. The 49ers can be good for a decade with the current core if they keep the cap in line, and they need money for Kaep.