• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But But But coaches don't release players to teams they have to compete with.

Ohh right, Georgia's not on the schedule this year.

He still might not get to Georgia because the SEC has to approve it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now he has his release from the University and has to apply for a "waiver of the rule" to be allowed to transfer to Georgia. The SEC has to approve this "waiver" of the rule. My guess is they will allow it, but they wont make it easy on him because he has made such a spectacle of himself.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has spent the past 3 years training and coaching this guy. Tons of resources have been spent on the kid, and he gets playing time. It's not a case where the guy was going to sit on the bench all year long and we are just not allowing him to play. He's doing it right before the season begins and is screwing the team over. All spring he took reps away from guys who could have been practicing with the 1st team, took coaching time away from others, etc.

And btw, he asked for a transfer before he even graduated. I think he only graduated last weekend.

He's wanting to follow 2 coaches to Georgia. Kirby and Mel Tucker - who Kirby stole from us. If kids are allowed to transfer like this every time a coach leaves, it's setting up bad habits. Are we going to lose part of our offense if Kiffin leaves? Is Saban supposed to allow all these kids who have had resources put into them leave because a coach changes jobs?

And he's being allowed to go to any school other than SEC schools. But this isn't about education or anything else for him, it's strictly about trying to follow Kirby Smart and Mel Tucker. It's the same reason Kirby didn't allow that kid to transfer to Miami.

The majority of time they are allowed to transfer however they want and the majority of time the kids transfer because they will get playing time elsewhere. This is a completely different case.

If a kid isn't going to play and wants to go somewhere he will get to play, or if they even have a legitimate academic reason to change schools I'd 100% support letting them go most anywhere.

But there have to be some protections for the schools who devote the time and resources for them. This whole thing has been nothing but a kid and people who think they are entitled to things they are not.

Of course, these are the same coaches who claim to have the best interest of the player in mind. And, aren't these the same coaches who, as you have claimed many times, can drop a player from his scholarship yearly?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, where did my new friend that is "always right" from Michigan run off to? :noidea:

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, where did my new friend that is "always right" from Michigan run off to? :noidea:
Probably at a Clay Aiken concert then trying to finish his latest endeavor of reading that "coaching t-ball 4 dummies" Masterpiece.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban gave him a release.

Aaah. . . Saban bowed to public pressure (and the pressure of an angry mom). He could have avoided the whole thing by not being such a bully.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaah. . . Saban bowed to public pressure (and the pressure of an angry mom). He could have avoided the whole thing by not being such a bully.

Lets see, the kid graduated, is not on financial aid and is no longer part of the University. Giving him a release seems like the perfect solution to end this whining and yammering from his "entitled' mother and himself. My guess is Saban did this with the knowledge that the SEC is going to either make this kid sweat a bit and then allow him to transfer, or enforce its one year waiting period before he can play. Either way, good riddance, but thanks for being a part of the only title team you will get to be on while part of the SEC.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see, the kid graduated, is not on financial aid and is no longer part of the University. Giving him a release seems like the perfect solution to end this whining and yammering from his "entitled' mother and himself. My guess is Saban did this with the knowledge that the SEC is going to either make this kid sweat a bit and then allow him to transfer, or enforce its one year waiting period before he can play. Either way, good riddance, but thanks for being a part of the only title team you will get to be on while part of the SEC.

Too little, too late. . . Nick Saban may be a great coach, but doing things in the best interest of players? Not so much.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I'm sure all of your 'friends' are online, I am not one of them. I will have to catch up with this thread later though. Have some family business I need to take care of.

I will join the fun later.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, these are the same coaches who claim to have the best interest of the player in mind. And, aren't these the same coaches who, as you have claimed many times, can drop a player from his scholarship yearly?

Sure, all the former players who talk about Saban being more about making sure they are a well adjusted person who can succeed in life beyond football are full of shit.

The SEC rule was specifically made for cases like this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too little, too late. . . Nick Saban may be a great coach, but doing things in the best interest of players? Not so much.

If the SEC wants to change the rule, then so be it. It was however made for this reason after Houston Nutt.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, all the former players who talk about Saban being more about making sure they are a well adjusted person who can succeed in life beyond football are full of shit.

The SEC rule was specifically made for cases like this.

This is just a case of Saban being vindictive. Why can't you just admit it?

Also, you didn't respond to the fact that, as you've claimed over and over again, all scholarships are for one year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a case of Saban being vindictive. Why can't you just admit it?

Also, you didn't respond to the fact that, as you've claimed over and over again, all scholarships are for one year.

The SEC rule was made specifically for this.

What part of that do you not understand?

Scholarships are renewed every year. His was offered to be renewed. If you don't like the rules, then push for them to be changed. Otherwise, the rules are there for a reason.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC rule was made specifically for this.

What part of that do you not understand?

Scholarships are renewed every year. His was offered to be renewed. If you don't like the rules, then push for them to be changed. Otherwise, the rules are there for a reason.

And, yet, Saban caved under public pressure. Not a good look for him. As I said, it makes him look vindictive--even if you can't admit it. Let's see what the SEC does.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, yet, Saban caved under public pressure. Not a good look for him. As I said, it makes him look vindictive--even if you can't admit it. Let's see what the SEC does.

The media takes things that happens with Saban and blows it out of proportion as a means of generating interest for their own news?

9b3.png

Want to know what's funny? If the SEC rule is changed, Saban is the one who will benefit the most.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Thread

giphy.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find it ironic that the Michigan fans in this thread are piling on Saban and Alabama when Michigan did the exact same thing 4 months ago.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is not paid to do things in the best interest of the players. He is paid to coach a football team. His first priority is to the University, not one player who felt entitled to circumvent the actual rules of the conference. Saban followed the rules in place, did you expect anything different? Sorry, but this is a non issue in my book. Kid wanted his cake and eat it too and the rules dont allow for that. He got what he wanted from the University, but the SEC is quite another entity that may or may not allow him to do what he wants to do. Time will tell.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby Smart agrees with Saban back in March.