• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban could have just gave him this release anyway considering Georgia is not on alabamas schedule. You know, so the dumb gumps on this forum didn't have to go through all the "whining" and the kid being "entitled" as you state.

So making a comment is whining. Good to know since you have whined about Saban for months now. Sad how bunched up you guys get over a spoiled brat pitching a temper tantrum and then getting his way. How sad for you that you whined for some 20 pages plus now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, don't hold your breath. My prediction is that the SEC will allow it since the conference allowed it for the other player, and it won't want the bad press.

It'll be good for Saban then.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So making a comment is whining. Good to know since you have whined about Saban for months now. Sad how bunched up you guys get over a spoiled brat pitching a temper tantrum and then getting his way. How sad for you that you whined for some 20 pages plus now.

Good god your reading comprehension is horrible. You were the one calling him a whiner dumbass. You basically did it again here. Jesus Christ you are stupid.

Perhaps if your reading comprehension was up to par, you could see that said 20 plus pages I wasn't talking to myself and I wasn't calling anyone a whiner. I was calling out bama fans for calling him that. How exactly has that not been clear?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 grad transfers that I can think of off the top of my head in just the past 2 years. a QB and 2 WR's.

I have no doubt they will pick up a handful of grad transfers. I'm saying landing an actual impact grad transfer would be tough for a team who recruits like Bama. You will have a year where you have to fill a spot because of players leaving for the NFL early, but it is difficult to upgrade over the options they already have on the team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt they will pick up a handful of grad transfers. I'm saying landing an actual impact grad transfer would be tough for a team who recruits like Bama. You will have a year where you have to fill a spot because of players leaving for the NFL early, but it is difficult to upgrade over the options they already have on the team.

impact grad transfer?

All the grad transfers we've had so far have started and contributed a ton.

But please, keep talking out your ass as usual.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not paid to do things in the best interest of the players.
While I don't doubt that is true, it is messed up beyond any reasonable measure. If serving the needs of those who are paying him requires that he work against the best interests of his own players, then the system is beyond merely broken - in it unconscionable.

The University, the faculty, and all of the coaches are there for the students - not the other way around.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the rule serve the players' best interests?

If rules were only made in the players best interests, we wouldn't have things like scholarship limits and Alabama would have 26 national championships instead of 16.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If rules were only made in the players best interests, we wouldn't have things like scholarship limits and Alabama would have 26 national championships instead of 16.
Putting graduate transfer restrictions in the same category as unlimited scholarships is absurd. But be that as it may, let's assume for the sake of argument that the rule is in place for competitive balance purposes.

Then why does the SEC allow for graduate transfers from outside of the SEC without enforcing a year of sitting out? Wouldn't such transfers create the exact type of competitive imbalances that you seem to be implying that the rule is intended to prevent?

Let's be honest here. The rule is in place to protect coaches from having to coach against teams that have players who can take the knowledge of the playbook with them. And even that is chickenshit since everyone shares game films anyhow.

The truth is that the rule places an ethically indefensible restriction on players who have completed the single most important milestone attainable in college athletics - a college degree. Any rule that places constraints or obligations on students after they have completed degrees are complete and udder BS. (pun intended)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting graduate transfer restrictions in the same category as unlimited scholarships is absurd. But be that as it may, let's assume for the sake of argument that the rule is in place for competitive balance purposes.

Then why does the SEC allow for graduate transfers from outside of the SEC without enforcing a year of sitting out? Wouldn't such transfers create the exact type of competitive imbalances that you seem to be implying that the rule is intended to prevent?

Let's be honest here. The rule is in place to protect coaches from having to coach against teams that have players who can take the knowledge of the playbook with them. And even that is chickenshit since everyone shares game films anyhow.

The truth is that the rule places an ethically indefensible restriction on players who have completed the single most important milestone attainable in college athletics - a college degree. Any rule that places constraints or obligations on students after they have completed degrees are complete and udder BS. (pun intended)

I was pointing out the absurdity that all rules must revolve around what's best for the kids with unlimited scholarships. How does a limit on scholarships benefit kids? It doesn't. Why does it exist? For competitive reasons.

As for the SEC rule, it's because they don't want things to turn into free agency. I don't know what the current rule is exactly, but I remember a few years ago it was ALL incoming grad transfers to the SEC, not just SEC to SEC transfers. The whole thing got started again because of an Oregon QB who got kicked off the team going to Ole Miss. But they can get waivers. All of Alabama's grad transfers that came in had to be approved by the SEC.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The University, the faculty, and all of the coaches are there for the students - not the other way around.

What Shangri-La school are you at? If this were the case, there would be no 8am classes, students could take any course they wanted when they wanted and poor faculty would get dismissed, tenured or not. Unfortunately the rest of us went to school in the real world.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't doubt that is true, it is messed up beyond any reasonable measure. If serving the needs of those who are paying him requires that he work against the best interests of his own players, then the system is beyond merely broken - in it unconscionable.

You took my meaning the wrong way. He is paid to coach the team and in that he is doing what is best for the players, but in matters like this where he is a representative of the University first and the player is seeking a transfer, he is paid to look after the University's interest first, not the players.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god your reading comprehension is horrible. You were the one calling him a whiner dumbass. You basically did it again here. Jesus Christ you are stupid.

Perhaps if your reading comprehension was up to par, you could see that said 20 plus pages I wasn't talking to myself and I wasn't calling anyone a whiner. I was calling out bama fans for calling him that. How exactly has that not been clear?

Its not clear because where Saban is concerned, you are one of the biggest whiners on the board. PERIOD.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Shangri-La school are you at? If this were the case, there would be no 8am classes, students could take any course they wanted when they wanted and poor faculty would get dismissed, tenured or not. Unfortunately the rest of us went to school in the real world.

I had 8 am classes. I also had a Saturday morning class one semester. Maybe Alabama needs to rethink its priorities.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 8 am classes. I also had a Saturday morning class one semester. Maybe Alabama needs to rethink its priorities.

Damn you are so dumb.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading 22 pages but everyone knows I despise Nick Saban. Saban told the kid he couldn't transfer to an SEC school then cried because Saban wouldn't let him transfer to an SEC school. The kid is an idiot.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by what I said. The faculty, the coaches, and the university as a whole are there for the students.

And before you get all high-and-mighty about how there wouldn't be early classes if the university was actually there for the students, consider a 7:30 am class I taught once. A very good portion of the class chose to take that section so that they could get it in before going to work for the day. Do you think I wanted to be there at 7:30? I brought my A game because those students deserved it.

I could address a number of other ridiculous points you made about what is in the interest of students or not, but I will leave it to this one example. Suffice it to say that there are many variables that define how a university can serve its students. They have to be balanced as well as can be done to meet the needs of as many as possible. And that is no easy task. But it isn't accomplished by telling people what they can and can not do once they are done with their degree programs. (Because the point to to get them to that completion point.)

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not clear because where Saban is concerned, you are one of the biggest whiners on the board. PERIOD.

Bahahaha or any douchebag gump on this forum. You have to be the biggest hypocrite on this forum calling a kid a whiner and then someone a whiner that calls you out for it.

I'm sorry calling you out is whining, but it is what it is. PERIOD