• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You took my meaning the wrong way. He is paid to coach the team and in that he is doing what is best for the players, but in matters like this where he is a representative of the University first and the player is seeking a transfer, he is paid to look after the University's interest first, not the players.
So what you are saying is that I took what you said incorrectly because you meant what I took issue with?

I'm confused.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by what I said. The faculty, the coaches, and the university as a whole are there for the students.

And before you get all high-and-mighty about how there wouldn't be early classes if the university was actually there for the students, consider a 7:30 am class I taught once. A very good portion of the class chose to take that section so that they could get it in before going to work for the day. Do you think I wanted to be there at 7:30? I brought my A game because those students deserved it.

I could address a number of other ridiculous points you made about what is in the interest of students or not, but I will leave it to this one example. Suffice it to say that there are many variables that define how a university can serve its students. They have to be balanced as well as can be done to meet the needs of as many as possible. And that is no easy task. But it isn't accomplished by telling people what they can and can not do once they are done with their degree programs. (Because the point to to get them to that completion point.)

So once again, where do you get the ignorant notion that all rules are, or even should be, for the kids?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bahahaha or any douchebag gump on this forum. You have to be the biggest hypocrite on this forum calling a kid a whiner and then someone a whiner that calls you out for it.

I'm sorry calling you out is whining, but it is what it is. PERIOD

22 pages on an Alabama thread WVU fan.

I look forward to you going on for 22 pages on the Oklahoma player who had the charges dropped and didn't get suspended and how terrible it is for Bob Stoops not to take action and how he only cares about winning.

Here's the link in case you missed it in your rush to cast more judgement on Alabama.

Report: OU Cornerback Jordan Thomas Won't Face Charges From June Arrest

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading 22 pages but everyone knows I despise Nick Saban. Saban told the kid he couldn't transfer to an SEC school then cried because Saban wouldn't let him transfer to an SEC school. The kid is an idiot.

Not exactly how it went down.

Saban let one kid transfer to an sec school not on the schedule but not another. Kid called Saban out for it, and Saban relented. This thread is basically people calling out Saban for having a double standard and douchebag gumps calling the kid a whiner and backing Saban by comparing his transfer rules to Kirby smarts rules. (Not really comparable)

That's the cliff notes version

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22 pages on an Alabama thread WVU fan.

I look forward to you going on for 22 pages on the Oklahoma player who had the charges dropped and didn't get suspended and how terrible it is for Bob Stoops not to take action and how he only cares about winning.

Here's the link in case you missed it in your rush to cast more judgement on Alabama.

Report: OU Cornerback Jordan Thomas Won't Face Charges From June Arrest

Ohh so we are changing topics now? Hey, when ya can't defend present topic, change it to a new one to make yourself look less like a jackass. Great work.

No seriously, put another Kirby smart video up. They are hilarious.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again, where do you get the ignorant notion that all rules are, or even should be, for the kids?
I don't. I gladly concede that point.

But that doesn't change my opinion that placing restrictions on graduate transfers is ethically indefensible.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh so we are changing topics now? Hey, when ya can't defend present topic, change it to a new one to make yourself look less like a jackass. Great work.

No seriously, put another Kirby smart video up. They are hilarious.

It's ok, nobody really believed you cared about anything other than Alabama on these topics anyway.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that doesn't change my opinion that placing restrictions on graduate transfers is ethically indefensible.

Well the rule is gone now for sure, so you'll be getting your free agency wish.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok, nobody really believed you cared about anything other than Alabama on these topics anyway.

Just as I thought, change the topic. I don't see any Oklahoma fan vehemently defending this as nothing. Funny you don't see a difference.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And btw, the whole cattering to kids shit is one of the worst turns in our history. According to modern society, I should have died at least 1000 times and there is no way in hell I could ever function as an adult. I've been constantly done wrong my entire life and I'm owed lots of money from somebody.

The notion that these kids are being done wrong in any matter here is completely absurd IMO.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I thought, change the topic. I don't see any Oklahoma fan vehemently defending this as nothing. Funny you don't see a difference.

Attack them over it, let's see how it goes.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attack them over it, let's see how it goes.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Attack them? I didn't have to with you idiots over your dumbass's. You just went full retard. If I have to with them I will. Looks like I won't because they don't seem like delusional idiots defending their head coach through anything.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attack them? I didn't have to with you idiots over your dumbass's. You just went full retard. If I have to with them I will. Looks like I won't because they don't seem like delusional idiots defending their head coach through anything.
giphy.gif

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubt it, the SEC will spin it as a case by case basis thing.

But the problem was he had no case, other than threatening lawsuits and crying in the media. He only wanted to transfer for football only reasons - and to follow a coach. He couldn't offer any academic reasons.

The SEC pretty much said it wasn't worth it.

I think we can expect graduate transfers to start coming into the SEC(and switching teams) way more often now.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubt it, the SEC will spin it as a case by case basis thing.

It is a case by case basis. Even with this transfer they did so with Caveats. He has to complete so many credit hours prior to a certain time frame, he has to complete his education in a certain time frame and if he doesnt then Georgia as a football team loses its ability to accept grad transfers until 2021-2022 year. The amounts are not so significant that he cannot do it, but he is going to be held to a constant scrutiny until he completes his education.

Basically they said he can transfer, but if he steps out of line and doesnt make his benchmarks they set in the rules, he and Georgia will be held accountable. Once Saban agreed to release him, it was all a done deal as the rules are set such that they can allow the kids to transfer, but they and the University he attends will be held to a standard that is not up for negotiation or waiver once he enrolls.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly how it went down.

Saban let one kid transfer to an sec school not on the schedule but not another. Kid called Saban out for it, and Saban relented. This thread is basically people calling out Saban for having a double standard and douchebag gumps calling the kid a whiner and backing Saban by comparing his transfer rules to Kirby smarts rules. (Not really comparable)

That's the cliff notes version

You left out one very important part of the story. Kid graduated a few days back and since he is no longer part of the athletic department, not on financial aid in grant and not enrolled in classes, Saban really didnt have to do anything but grant his release from the athletic scholarship that he was not going to be using anyway. So really, what did Saban do that was not already done? The kid was free to leave, he just could not play for Georgia for one year. The way Saban did it now puts the onus on the kid to meet the SEC mandated benchmarks(per the rules already in place) to enroll, take so many classes in a time frame and graduate with his degree from that University in said time frame or that University loses its ability to accept grad transfers for a period of time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is that I took what you said incorrectly because you meant what I took issue with?

I'm confused.

You're telling us? We already knew this. :lol: