• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're a dumbass and a prime example of why our education is shit, so this is not surprising.
Come take my class. If you can pull a C-, we'll talk. But until then, you have no idea (outside of your assumptions of convenience) as to whether I am good or bad at my job.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban was being a dick for following the rules?

Oh yeah, because he made an exception for another guy right? No good deed goes unpunished.

The rule didn't state Saban had to block him. Your argument would hold water if Saban didn't go back on it. Quit trying to hide behind the rule.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the weird part about all this - Alabama will benefit from this rule going away, but everyone is too busy crying about Nick Saban to realize it.
Outside of the individual student-athletes, who benefits or suffers is irrelevant to me. I don't know how many times I need to say that it has nothing to do with Nick Saban or Alabama. 10? 100? Maybe someday you will get it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come take my class. If you can pull a C-, we'll talk. But until then, you have no idea (outside of your assumptions of convenience) as to whether I am good or bad at my job.

You're pretty dumb here, I see no reason to assume it's different elsewhere.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule didn't state Saban had to block him. Your argument would hold water if Saban didn't go back on it. Quit trying to hide behind the rule.

Actually both Saban and the SEC decided it wasn't worth the trouble anymore and just allowed it.

But the SEC gave Georgia some rope to hang themselves with - and they probably will. If Mo doesn't graduate and quits classes after football season, Georgia will lose the ability to accept any grad transfers for a few years.

Why would the SEC do that? Because everyone knew it was a bunch of bullshit but wasn't worth dealing with because of his mom.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the individual student-athletes, who benefits or suffers is irrelevant to me. I don't know how many times I need to say that it has nothing to do with Nick Saban or Alabama. 10? 100? Maybe someday you will get it.

Oh please, if it was up to you they wouldn't even have scholarships for football players and you would have it so everyone was a walk on.

You're easily one of the dumbest people on the forum when it comes to the topic of student athletes.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually both Saban and the SEC decided it wasn't worth the trouble anymore and just allowed it.

But the SEC gave Georgia some rope to hang themselves with - and they probably will. If Mo doesn't graduate and quits classes after football season, Georgia will lose the ability to accept any grad transfers for a few years.

Why would the SEC do that? Because everyone knew it was a bunch of bullshit but wasn't worth dealing with because of his mom.

Ahhh, so it was worth the trouble at first but now it's not. Got it

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty dumb here, I see no reason to assume it's different elsewhere.
Am I really? You were the one who chose to make the discussion about me when you ran out of things to say on topic.

It must suck to lose an argument to such a dumb person.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, if it was up to you they wouldn't even have scholarships for football players and you would have it so everyone was a walk on.

You're easily one of the dumbest people on the forum when it comes to the topic of student athletes.
Are you on a first-name basis with Katrina Pierson? Or are you just giving us your best impression of her?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I really? You were the one who chose to make the discussion about me when you ran out of things to say on topic.

It must suck to lose an argument to such a dumb person.

Because repeating myself for the 30th time was the better course of action?

You think because a kid graduates he should be a free agent regardless of the general consequences for college football. I think there is an actual need for competitive rules in sports, even if they might not "be in the best interest of the kid". Even if/when such a rule change would actually benefit my team in the long run.

As I already pointed out, are you also in favor of unlimited scholarships for kids? After all, that means wayyyy more kids would get a free education. You have to be in favor of that right? Scholarship limits are total bullshit right? How dare they limit the number of kids on scholarship just so other teams have a good chance at talent!

And no kid should be left out of college for their highschool scores right? As long as the university wants to take on the responsibility of getting him up to speed, that would be in the best interest of the kids right? Surely you are not someone who thinks forcing universities not to allow these kids the opportunity is best!

So now, I've once again repeated myself and explained why you are a dumbass. Happy now?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should log in here more often so I can see you explain what I am favor of and not. I had no idea!

So you aren't always in favor of "for the kids"?

Then quit trying to use it as a cop out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't have to be anything at all to begin with. Quit trying to defend this.

"This" is over now. He got his transfer, he's already practicing for Georgia.

What's left are the consequences.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This" is over now. He got his transfer, he's already practicing for Georgia.

What's left are the consequences.

Shouldn't of happened to begin with but it's over indeed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't of happened to begin with but it's over indeed.

As per the SEC rule and the SEC itself, Saban did everything the way it was supposed to be done.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As per the SEC rule and the SEC itself, Saban did everything the way it was supposed to be done.

The SEC rule said he could, not that he had to. Considering Georgia isn't on the schedule he easily could have let him go without any hassle. An if Saban really did everything the way it was supposed to be done, he wouldn't have relented.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC rule said he could, not that he had to. Considering Georgia isn't on the schedule he easily could have let him go without any hassle. An if Saban really did everything the way it was supposed to be done, he wouldn't have relented.

Not a single thing you've said in this paragraph is actually true.