• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Franklin for Rookie of the Year

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovin' this kid. I think he will be the one to dethrone Cano as AL 2nd base All Star next year. What a clutch hitter and good power for such a small guy. Only will get better I think. Good to see a prospect come up and perform better than expected.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you beat me to it, i was going to create a post about nick franklin becoming rookie of the year. I think its a realistic possibility mainly because nobody in the american league (rookies) are really performing. if he keeps this up he can finish the season with 20 homers and a solid batting avg. he can more then likely win the trophy

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only real competition is Wil Myers. Who has also done really good since his call up.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has a good chance to win the AL rookie of the year if he keeps this up...not sure I would go as far as dethroning Robinson Cano though...as much as I hate the Yankees...Cano is a damn good hitter...one of the sweetest swings in the major leagues

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see a serious drop off in Cano's offensive production next year. He is due a big payday this offseason and he has had the benefit of having big hitters behind him in the past. Not looking good for his protection in the lineup going forward. I can see a big drop off in his future.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has a good chance to win the AL rookie of the year if he keeps this up...not sure I would go as far as dethroning Robinson Cano though...as much as I hate the Yankees...Cano is a damn good hitter...one of the sweetest swings in the major leagues

Plus he plays for the Yankees (assuming they don't loose him in FA) and that means he will get a ton of popularity votes.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's worlds away from dethroning anybody, much less cano

i'd put myers and franlin neck and neck

look out for leonys martin, too

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's worlds away from dethroning anybody, much less cano

i'd put myers and franlin neck and neck

look out for leonys martin, too
Myers has the name recognition because of the big trade, but looking at the numbers,

Myers: 32 Games - .323 / 5HR / 22RBI / 135 OPS+ (From baseball reference) Add 2/4 2 HR and 4RBI from today

Franklin: 51 Games - .267 / 8HR / 28RBI / 125 OPS+ - Add 3/4 2HR and 4RBI from today

Nick has been doing what he's doing longer and has the HR and RBI numbers to back it up. He's also been playing absolutely stellar 2B, though I can't comment on Myers' defense having not seen him play.

Season ending right now, I'd hope I would vote Franklin objectively. It's close, but I think right now Nick has the edge.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly gaining steam in that race, or at least he should be. Who knows what the voters are going to do if he keeps it up. I think that the more broadcasters and writers from other cities see him playing the way he has been, the better chance he has at winning the award. Putting him ahead of Cano at this point is very premature, but he's certainly been very productive for us this year since he was called up. I like our double play combo of Franklin and Miller a lot right now and I like where both guys are at in the lineup too. It's going to be fun watching those guys continue to develop both offensively and as a double play combo.