• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles is reportedly a FA

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles got them the SB and generates a whole lot of excitement. He's proven he can win the big game. You're clearly a Wentz fan so I hope he doesn't disappoint you. Wentz's Legacy with the Eagles is an 11-2 season before going down to a season ending injury. Demand more.
Oh boy how exciting it would be to have Nick Foles get hurt in game 11 instead of Carson Wentz. You're looking at one guy with blinders on.

Together they are among the best passers in the league. Separate they are both risky.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy how exciting it would be to have Nick Foles get hurt in game 11 instead of Carson Wentz. You're looking at one guy with blinders on.

Together they are among the best passers in the league. Separate they are both risky.
Not meaning to get the last word or anything but while both may be risky:

One has a SB ring and an MVP award, and chicks who wear Big Dick Nick shirts!

The other......doesn't!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens have agreed (in principle) to trade QB Joe Flacco to Denver. This is actually a good thing in our attempt to trade Nick Foles if Franchised. Flacco and Foles were the 2 bigger name QB's that were expected to have been available in either trade or as free agents. With Flacco no longer available this early in the game it leaves Foles as the main guy available (unless you also include Teddy Bridgewater) if teams want to improve at the QB position aside from the draft (they can no longer use Flacco as a bargaining chip against us). It also helps that it's a bad year for QB in the draft as well; even the consensus top guy Dwayne Haskins has a good deal of question marks in regards to handling pressure.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better hope that Jacksonville is as enamored with Foles as everyone else thinks they are... I don't see any other team that would have serious interest that would be ideal for us for Foles to go to. Maybe the Dolphins? Maybe the Raiders? Tampa Bay? The only other team I'd see having real interest for Nick is Washington... and if the Eagles are unsuccessful in tagging and trading him to the Jags, good possibility he ends up there.

I could see a scenario where the Eagles could take lesser compensation than what they could get, just to keep him out of the division. They want a 3rd but may have to settle for a 4th or a pick next year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foles will simply be allowed to walk ... the Eagles need to be "at least" 25 million under the Cap to even be allowed to tag him and they are nowhere near that last time I checked. Tags can start being applied as early as today.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foles will simply be allowed to walk ... the Eagles need to be "at least" 25 million under the Cap to even be allowed to tag him and they are nowhere near that last time I checked. Tags can start being applied as early as today.

As the weeks have gone on this has been more and more of my feeling. And I am good with it. The mathematical gymnastics they would have to perform to try to get (what is likely) an equivalent pick one year earlier doesn't make much sense when there is so much else to do this off season.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Official ... Foles will not be tagged and the Jernigan option will not be picked up. That's 33 million in Cap Space saved. Jernigan may be brought back on a friendlier deal ... but this draft is loaded at DL, so they may just choose to go that route. I think a Nelson Aglolor extension is coming up next.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Official ... Foles will not be tagged and the Jernigan option will not be picked up. That's 33 million in Cap Space saved. Jernigan may be brought back on a friendlier deal ... but this draft is loaded at DL, so they may just choose to go that route. I think a Nelson Aglolor extension is coming up next.
I certainly hope Nelly gets an extension.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jernigan back on a 1 or 2 year deal and draft a DT for the future.

meh on Agholor. dude is invisible on the field way too often for the money he is going to want.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie says there is no market for Foles, I say bullshit. My guess is that Foles has issued some sort of ultimatum. The Bengals, Redskins, Dolphins and Jaguars all need a new QB. Perhaps even Arizona. Something doesn't sound right not that it matters that much but I am tired of teams thinking the fans are clueless.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie says there is no market for Foles, I say bullshit. My guess is that Foles has issued some sort of ultimatum. The Bengals, Redskins, Dolphins and Jaguars all need a new QB. Perhaps even Arizona. Something doesn't sound right not that it matters that much but I am tired of teams thinking the fans are clueless.

every team knows we can't afford to keep him.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team knows we can't afford to keep him.
True, but Howie is trying to tell the fans there is no market. I am certain that placing the transitional tag on him would have opened things up. It just would have been nice to get something in return.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Howie is trying to tell the fans there is no market. I am certain that placing the transitional tag on him would have opened things up. It just would have been nice to get something in return.

The market is less than the potential comp pick given that teams are going to have to pay him stupid money to be a starter.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see if Foles does indeed land with the Jags? They need to shed salary as well. My next question is will they try and trade Ramsey? I would be all over that. I think Howie and Nick had a chat agreeing that Nick would stay out of the NFCE, which is part of the reason he won't be tagged.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were several problems with tagging and trading Foles ... for starters they would have needed to open up 25 million in cap space "prior" to being able to tag Foles. Even if your plan was to tag and trade, you need to have the available cap space under the rules in order to Franchise tag a player. That simply was not feasible since most of the cap space we can open is directly related to Foles' 20 million saved once he's a free agent. 2ndly no team was going to trade for Foles without assurance from Foles himself that he would sign an extension. Foles may be the nicest guy in the world, but he was not going to let the Eagles limit where he could go when he could hit free agency and pick his new team. Foles held all the cards in the situation and the Eagles had way too many hurdles to overcome and for what? a 3rd round pick at best? Not worth it ... time to move on.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what he meant was there was no trade market. Or perhaps, more accurately, there was no market for the risk they would take playing cap games for the trade. At least that’s what I read into it. Teams have gotten more savvy at reading these situations and not giving up something they might not have to.

Not to say Nicks feedback didn’t play in. I just doubt it was an ultimatum. He told the team what he would like to see and they could not swing it for good worth. You let the guy go at that point and take the comp.